anticheat clients and server info

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

FooQ
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by FooQ »

Well I did say from personal experience, ie the North American scene, our ladder admins waitin for this anticheat to come out of testing phase before he'll require it for our competition, which in turn will require around 90% of players to install and use it.
What you Euros do I frankly couldnt give a rats ass about =P
Monk
plummets to its death

Post by Monk »

Who's the admin? SoD? Who the heck...

You know, it's still got the poll for the general AQ2 ladder asking who would use ACP. Heheh the old http://change.to/acp site which is now dead.

http://web.archive.org/web/200111071225 ... nge.to/acp

Elviz, I remember him... he made some specific TeamDM variant of AQ2 back in the day along with ACP. Ahhh looks like the site is still around!

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~grimmel/acp/

Anyway, SoD should change the poll or something. I mean, that other one is 5 years old at this point, I think. I ain't adminned AQ2 Open in forever.
R1CH
joined the game

Post by R1CH »

FooQ wrote:Well I did say from personal experience, ie the North American scene, our ladder admins waitin for this anticheat to come out of testing phase before he'll require it for our competition, which in turn will require around 90% of players to install and use it.
What you Euros do I frankly couldnt give a rats ass about =P
Still waiting for this 90% of players :). At least, some servers in Brazil are now also using anticheat. Chile and Poland still lead the way with forced anticheat, USA with optional.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

R1CH wrote: Chile and Poland still lead the way with forced anticheat, USA with optional.
pfff, 100% of the Irish community is using anticheat ;)
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Only Scandinavia are toublemakers when it comes to ac, sonuvabitches.
Gen
was flattened

Post by Gen »

Rapa Nui 100% anticheat
Chiloe 90% anticheat
Futaleufu 100% anticheat
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

fuct wrote:
R1CH wrote: Chile and Poland still lead the way with forced anticheat, USA with optional.
pfff, 100% of the Irish community is using anticheat ;)
Thats 2 persons then
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Its one, retard.
Suxz
joined the game

Post by Suxz »

Anticheat IS great, and i love that someone cares about other players cheat...

With anticheat on servers a lot gets better, but a thing i dont like about it is that the Aq2 feel free to change anything ideology gets hurt. With that i mean "You have Been Kicked... Reason to may modified files" I got that myself, not that i use Brightskins or something but i got some modified skins on players and i got new models on weapons and so on.
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

DL the .pak -> HERE!
tech7
is connecting

Re: anticheat clients and server info

Post by tech7 »

R1CH wrote:Hello.
It seems quite a few people here haven't heard about my latest Q2 project, a half-decent anticheat. Unlike other previous anticheat clients, this one is a bit more flexible in that it supports multiple Q2 clients - currently R1Q2, AprQ2 and EGL, although only on 32 bit Windows 2000/XP/2003 at present. No plans for a Linux or Win9x version exist.
why cant u make one for windows 98 i run it and im getting banned from some servers for not having it. :x
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

tech7 please carefully read the forums before prompting, what will be, unanswerable questions.
Go here http://forums.aq2world.com/viewtopic.php?t=2866 and check the exception lists. Nevertheless i do ask you if you really don't have the opportunity to update your OS? :s
I've god as my lollipop
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

I know its cruel but im taking a serious disliking to this one.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

In that case, lions are the gods of cruelty.
Ne quid nimis.