AQ2 Anticheat Client/Server info, Q2Admin and Repository

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

emperphis
blew itself up

AQ2 Anticheat Client/Server info, Q2Admin and Repository

Post by emperphis »

*UPDATE: 06-05-2007*
Uncle- and I went thru the revision process of debuging last's post for this matter and concluded a final pak and checking files for clients and servers.

Also there are more projects comming near you, to serv better all information that may arrive to clients and for admins to manage, such as Q2admin and the map repository.

Clients should go here and download as appropriate:

AQ2World Anticheat for clients

Remember when you put chosen pak into your Action dir make sure pak is loaded last.
Thats why paks name is pak99.pak for EGL and APR and zzz_action_v4.pak.gz for R1Q2.
Loading*.pak is default by this client
*TIP* all paks are loaded in alphabetic order

A new Q2admin project is undergoing allowing, among others, the specific functions:
Nickname registration;
Anticheat exception registration;
Anticheat required client listings;
Banned clients from the network;

So if you do feel that these apply to you just click the Q2 Admin project webpage

Administrators should check::

AQ2World Anticheat page for servers

A full repository for servers is now available. Admins should configure sv downloadserver to "http://repository.q2admin.net/" if they wish for fast HTTP downloads provided to clients from a central point (maps and MOD files).
Please check as well the Q2admin project which rely on having a centralized service to manage players allover watched servers.

The page containing all information will also be available under a link in the main Q2 Admin project webpage.

You can find all about Anticheat module at http://antiche.at.
----------------------------------------------
Raw files used:
q2_demo.exe
actn1Ccl.zip
1cCLfix.zip
vwepfix.zip
norse.zip
tgaskins.zip
4colorctfskins.zip
tng_clientpak_2.8.zip
egl.pkz
Last edited by emperphis on Sun May 06, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 14 times in total.
I've god as my lollipop
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

good job.
still, you have to forbid the access to the server to pepole who dont use that pak to make the story work... else, it will be a waste of time if people wont be forced to use standard pak;
infact cheaters wont care if console will say "hey this guy has modified this or that file": they will keep on playing. and cheating.
but actually i think that ppl cheating isnt that bad: it feeds public forums and make right people to have a laugh at those who cant aim without a bot. so why to stop them? let em live and die.
like Dante sayd in "The Divine Comedy": nevercare of those, just look and go on. (sorry for an erroneous translation, but english sux :D)
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Those cvars are very server independant. Uncle- and I agree that sv_anticheat_required 2 only to 'official' match servers else 1 (optional);

As for me I'm using:
sv_anticheat_badfile_action 2 (kick) to matchmode servers else 1 (warning only);
sv_anticheat_badfile_max 5 to every server (since gets overrite by sv_anticheat_badfile_action);
sv_anticheat_client_disconnect_action 1 (kicks if clients disconnects from AC server ingame) only to important games
Last edited by emperphis on Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've god as my lollipop
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Not to be negative or anything (because I think what you are doing is great).
I totally agree with BeAVis. I've personally stopped caring about cheaters in public. Those who cheat and get away with it must really suck because the challenge is just fine.
So what I'm trying to say is that public servers don't need any anticheat checks other than a couple of active admins to get rid of the obvious.

This, however, is great for torunaments as others have mentioned in other threads.

Good luck.
I like to play games, not watch them
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

You're doing a good thing men, keep it up.
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

fuct wrote:You're doing a good thing men, keep it up.
indeed thats a very good thing (as every improvement is).
i hope that next decup or aq2daddys or aq2worldleague's cup will require your check to play the game.

up up up
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Flunx wrote:So what I'm trying to say is that public servers don't need any anticheat checks other than a couple of active admins to get rid of the obvious.
I've checked that since AC was implemented on NFSi servers, people who were (randomly) accused of cheating simply installed AC and there was a massive drop on my work (as admin) to verify demos, screenshots, server playing. So this reduces a bit the charge of a normal admin and as you said "active"... this is ideal for the activeness of nowadays admins :) clients just persuade other clients to install AC and so on.
I hope I'd persuade you to install ;D
BeAViS wrote:i hope that next decup or aq2daddys or aq2worldleague's cup will require your check to play the game.
I hope emu's attention come to this thread I've read on another post elsewhere that he wanted oppinions..
I've god as my lollipop
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

There was an client optional and server mandatory update today. Please admins check the anticheat-hashes file.
I've god as my lollipop
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

there was a flaw on the anticheat-cvars.txt, serveradmins need to update to this last version
I've god as my lollipop
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

emperphis wrote:
Flunx wrote:So what I'm trying to say is that public servers don't need any anticheat checks other than a couple of active admins to get rid of the obvious.
I've checked that since AC was implemented on NFSi servers, people who were (randomly) accused of cheating simply installed AC and there was a massive drop on my work (as admin) to verify demos, screenshots, server playing. So this reduces a bit the charge of a normal admin and as you said "active"... this is ideal for the activeness of nowadays admins :) clients just persuade other clients to install AC and so on.
I hope I'd persuade you to install ;D
BeAViS wrote:i hope that next decup or aq2daddys or aq2worldleague's cup will require your check to play the game.
I hope emu's attention come to this thread I've read on another post elsewhere that he wanted oppinions..
Im reading, but its hard to filter out stuff when everyone puts it in irc, or like this. would be better if people just put it in the decup forum
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

emu wrote:Im reading, but its hard to filter out stuff when everyone puts it in irc, or like this. would be better if people just put it in the decup forum
Resuming, just make AC mandatory for upcoming events ;)
I can help you onto configuring the server if needed.
I've god as my lollipop
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

there was a update to anticheat-cvars and hashes text files so admins please update as necessary. new cvar checks are of the most importance

also take a look at

http://www.golar.net/~truga/aq/info/servers.htm
I've god as my lollipop
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Bug fix on anticheat-hashes.txt thanks to s3ci0r

Where it reads

Code: Select all

players/male/jump1.wav	º7df06c81eab216d96d2779f4497fd894f0fdce4d
should be

Code: Select all

players/male/jump1.wav	7df06c81eab216d96d2779f4497fd894f0fdce4d
On-line file is updated
I've god as my lollipop
S3ci0r
tried to put the pin back in

Post by S3ci0r »

thanks for credit emperphis :) will report about other bugs if i find some. Ama bughunter!
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

buggy brains
^stric^