Client settings

Here you can look up the old topics of the ESAQL and the Nations Cup.

Moderator: Moderators

Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

KrapYl wrote:and even more... wasnt it the team who had the SAME problem last season ? SS was too freaky.. ?

And what did they say????

omg

:shock:

IBA still could play!
Last edited by Den on Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
TrueTom
is connecting

Post by TrueTom »

The rules are easy to understand.

First it doesn't allow bots, wh, yada yada.

Furthermore it says that anything that gives you an advantage towards other players will be concidered cheat as well...

"(Cheating is, but not limited to, the use of any "bot" or script which gives a player an unfair advantage over other players. )"

Now, since this is changed in console (I presume) everyone can do it, same as gl_modulate as some people mentioned earlier . Although gl_modulate is limited in eaql to 5, the reason is that higher modulate would make it TO easy for the eye, then it's the settings that helps you spot enemies and not the eye.

Also, everyone does not know how to set picmap proparly, and therefor an advantage is given to those who do know. I do guess that everyone know how to set gl_modulate and therefor its equal and fair to everyone.

I'd concider it as a cheat, for my part, though some people may not.

[/b]
//TT
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

no no no no no

u lot gave iba a list with min. and max. settings...
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
MysteryMan
plummets to its death

Post by MysteryMan »

And therefor we will change the rules a bit
MysteryMan
Founder of AQ2admins
Http://mysteryman.z0r.nl/aq2/
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

KrapYl wrote:well, changin weapon skins seems to be something people like to do... but on the other hand, u have got to agree with me, that making it 1/3, or 1/2 of its original size, its a bit cheat cheat.... no ?

so what if i made it twice or 3 times bigger ?... that would be ok too ?
Why is changing player model to 1/2 the size a cheat? They are HIS models. I wouldn't see them as 1/2 size, I would see them as the sniper model I have. As far as the picmip settings are concerned, I couldn't really care less. If a guy wants to play with ugly AQ2 then let him. I see people fine with normal settings so it aint like he has any visual advantage over me.
I don't give a shit.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Thank You Clown :)
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

It is a public Quake2 setting. I don't see how you can say he's a cheater because "most players" are too lazy / stupid to find out about it. You just can't say this gives him an unfair advantage over other players. I'm not even sure it gives him any advantage at all, but that's probably just personal. And besides, I haven't read in the rules what restrictions you guys have for these settings, like you introduced last season, but this is just what you can expect nowadays.

All countries had their own scene with their own rules and restrictions. I remember it was normal to have bright skins in Denmark, and that it was ok to use gl_modulate 500 on Dutch public servers. In Germany they played for 5 years with these settings... Everything is just growing together now so give it some time. It just wouldn't be fair to kick or ban this player (who is it anyway) now without having it stated in the rules. Especialy when you allowed him to play like this last season.
*hali*
KrapYl
joined the game

Post by KrapYl »

ok ok, the screenshots from last time was also playerskins changed.... i give u that den... but this time there is no skins... hell, he could have spikes & wallhack... maybe a little noosejob ? :P

Den... u make me curious... how does ur screen look ? how much is ur picmic ?
MysteryMan
plummets to its death

Post by MysteryMan »

Kurupt wrote:It is a public Quake2 setting.

So is gl_clear ........
MysteryMan
Founder of AQ2admins
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

Try gl_clear on Boomtown. You will get kicked for using an illegal setting. Try to use gl_modulate 7 on Boomtown. You will get kicked. But what happens when you change your picmip? Exactly.. nothing. It's not restricted so everyone is allowed to change it to whatever they want...
*hali*
KrapYl
joined the game

Post by KrapYl »

Clowneh! wrote:
KrapYl wrote:well, changin weapon skins seems to be something people like to do... but on the other hand, u have got to agree with me, that making it 1/3, or 1/2 of its original size, its a bit cheat cheat.... no ?

Why is changing player model to 1/2 the size a cheat? They are HIS models. I wouldn't see them as 1/2 size, I would see them as the sniper model I have. As far as the picmip settings are concerned, I couldn't really care less. If a guy wants to play with ugly AQ2 then let him. I see people fine with normal settings so it aint like he has any visual advantage over me.

its not ½ sized players... but ½sized weapon...

i stand on highest roof on cloud.... i got no more bullets, about 10 HP... i know there is atleast 1 M4 coming up, and another one somewhere on the ground... now i look to the far other end, and i see a little gun on top of a roof... now i know this is not an m4, m3, etc... cause of its size.... there is no mistaking a m3/m4 for a sniper... u know ?
Last edited by KrapYl on Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Well my screen looks quite normal. Mysteryman has seen my screen

I only changed my gl_picmip to 2 coz the normal settings looks a bit 'sharp' erm :D cant really xplain, but i like my settings
Last edited by Den on Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

KrapYl wrote:
Clowneh! wrote:

its not ½ sized players... but ½sized weapon...

i stand on highest roof on cloud.... i got no more bullets, about 10 HP... i know there is atleast 1 M4 coming up, and another one somewhere on the ground... now i look to the far other end, and i see a little gun on top of a roof... now i know this is not an m4, m3, etc... cause of its size.... there is no mistaking a m3/m4 for a sniper... u know ?
Wrong. He doesn't see what weapon it is. It's his player model. You don't have that model. You see what your model is. Probably the normal ones. So you can tell. He can't.
I don't give a shit.
MysteryMan
plummets to its death

Post by MysteryMan »

yes den.. and that is the purpose of that setting... but not to abuse it like you can see on the ss..

I don't mind picmip 2 cos it looks a bit smoother but picmip 5 with 1 colored textures....
MysteryMan
Founder of AQ2admins
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

He doesn't abuse the setting, he uses it.
*hali*