A Wii story by Flunx

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

A Wii story by Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Merry Christmas! Here's a semi-long post about the Wii. It's what I've been fooling around with so far this xmas between the eating and drinking sessions. Since my computer is back home and my parents house is really boring I decided to write something on the aq2world forums. So here it goes...

I had to get up 4 hours before the shop opened and stand in line to get one of these things. When I got there I was 17/18 in queue. Lucky, eh? The guy who was first in line had been there since 20:30 the day before and was sleeping in a tent. A fairly old bloke who had to buy a Wii for his kid for xmas (go figure).

Was it worth it?
Hell yeah! It's the most fun I've had with games in a long time. I am positive that this is the new way we will play games in the future. It's just that much fun.

Zelda Twilight Princess is absolutely stunning. I'm about 20 hours into this massive game and I hope it never ends. Swinging your sword and aiming your bow with the Wii Remote (Wiimote) is a breeze and incredibly fun.

Wii Sports is the ultimate family/party game. Everyone who I've introduced to this game is loving it from the first moment they feel and hear the sound from the Wiimote as they hit the tennis ball or make that first strike. Even my grandmother was asking for a rematch in tennis :)

The last game I've got is Call of Duty 3. I usually don't like these WWII games but with the new controls it's new and fresh. The controls aren't perfect, but once they nail it the Wii will seem like it's made for First Person Shooters.

I've also downloaded some Virtual Console games. Nostalgia all the way! I've even downloaded some games that I never got to play like Bonk.

The internet browser is a sweet little extra. Since Macromedia Flash works with the browser you can watch videos on youtube, play some flash games or even use MSN and other IM clients via iloveim.com
Fancy!

The last thing I'll write some about is the Mii's. They are small characters which you can create to look like yourself and you friends. Then you can play as them or against them in Wii Sports. Hilarious :)
There's also a photochannel, forecastchannel and a newschannel(currently not up and running) which is fun to mess around with. And with the Wii being online even when turned off I can't wait to see what else will show up in my mailbox.

Anyone else here got a Wii yet? What are your first impressions?
Feel free to ask me questions about the Wii and it's features or any of the games if you're thinking about buying one.

Share your Wii Friendcode so that I can get your Mii's :)
Here's my Wii Friendcode: 5946 0995 7234 6454
I like to play games, not watch them
Prinsii
was in the wrong place

Post by Prinsii »

I'd give anything for Wii and Zelda :santa:
GZ again Flunx, quite informative post, short reviews and tight information, Thanks for this enlightment.
Love is the only solution.
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Sounds realy sweet. mabye it's time to buy one.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

I am totally jealous.
I couldn't get my hands on Wii. So I had to get the Zelda game on Gamecube instead. I've played it like 10 hours.

And like Flunx said; It's unbelieable!
Though the game had to be completely redesigned because the release of the Wii.
The Gameplay is just like the other Zelda games, especially Ocrania of time (Which is one of the first and best example on how adventure-action games should work, especially fight scenes with sword and other historical weapons.)
The games design is breath taking, you can easily see that it is a Zelda game without seeing any of the characters.
The design has the essence from the N64 Zelda games, just done on an extremely higher level. And when the music comes in its like an orgasm. There are many songs you can recognize from the other Zelda games.
The controls on the Gamecube version is great. It's easy, and fun. Pretty much like the controls on the N64.
The whole game is also done in text. Which in this age is pretty ancient, and also Link doesnt have any lines or a single dialog. This is classic Zelda, and I love it. But like on N64 when ppl talk they make sounds and you can read what they're saying. This is a nice effect (imo). But maybe someone would like if there were voice actors instead.
But I wouldnt like that, beacuse when Link and Zelda and other get voices, I think that would ruin the information you've created about then in your own head.
To sum up, this is a great game (But it someone may think it has little to much of those classic zl$eda thing for its own good.)! Everyone who is a fan, get it ASAP. and for those who has GC or a Wii, should definetly check it out. Its worth every øre.

But I cant wait till Wii get back to the stores.

^-thankyouthorn
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

My impressions:

I received a phone call on saturday that my amazon package was delivered. I was so happy because i thought i would receive it in a week or so. Me happy but i still couldnt play because i wasnt home because of xmas.

Came back last night. Opened the box, installed it. Its very easy, diddnt even had to read the manual. The console looks solid, the wiimote aswell. The only bad thing i could find was the nunchuck.. it feels a bit cheap.. oh and i hope nintendo will release a vga cable :p

The initial setup is very easy. click click and ur done. I was really suprised that nintendo added WPA (wifi) support because the ds doesnt have it :(

The games: I only got Wii sports and Zelda. Wii Sports is a game that will let you get used to the controls. Fun, Nothing more.

Zelda.. what can i say :) its fucking brilliant (only played a few mins though but cant wait to play it again). I'm liking the Wii Shop because it has all the old games.

Ill add you tonight :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Fuck you all paedos.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I can say I've been having a lot of fun playing Sports and Rayman at my friend's. Both are great games and it's so much fun to swing the controller or hit dancing rabbits or whatever you have to do with it, it works wonderfully.

I've watched my friend playing Zelda and played a bit myself. Dunno, it's another Zelda and after some minutes you don't even notice you have to slice and aim with the controller, you just do it naturally and it has the same magic you got amazed by in all those good Zelda's you used to play in your GameBoy or SNES.

About Red Steel and Call of Duty3 I've only heard stuff like "uhh, it's cool, but it could be better". Anyways, I know I will only play what my friend gets.
But if I was a solo console player I would really get my hands on this console... but then again, after finishing Gears of War in co-op on the X360, I'm not really sure about that statement.
Ne quid nimis.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

My Wii number: 6607 9707 0919 6729
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Nice to see that the gamecube version of Zelda is just as great Lotus.

I'll add you once I get my Wii back den! Left it at a friends house yesterday :-O
I like to play games, not watch them
Lotus
killed itself

Post by Lotus »

:)

How's the speekers on the Wii remote?
>kk'lok
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Lotus wrote::)

How's the speekers on the Wii remote?
Speaker? Its allright :p add's a bit more realism.
Caracol wrote:But if I was a solo console player I would really get my hands on this console... but then again, after finishing Gears of War in co-op on the X360, I'm not really sure about that statement.
co-op :hail:
Lotus
killed itself

Post by Lotus »

Any norwegians know when the console is available in the stores again?
>kk'lok
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

i wished one for my birhtday.
but my dad says, he will kick me out if anyone will buy me a Nintendo Again.
Only bad memorys from NES :lol:
so i have to buy one for my flat in 1 month, ghighi.
ZELDA I AM COMING!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

played a bit more of zelda now (10 hrs or so) really really loving it

Lotus
killed itself

Post by Lotus »

:D I´ve like only played to the Forest Temple. ´Cause I dont want to ruin the experience by clearing the game on the GameCube. I wanna get an real dreamy orgasm when I play it on Wii. (Playing Kingdom Hearts II these days anyway)

One question to the Wii console:
You dont to buy a memory card or something, right?
´cause I´m ordering Wii today, and I don´t wanna make any mistakes.
>kk'lok