Red Velvet pak (hi-res, updated 13.09.2007)

Forum for Skins, Maps, Configs etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

Sovnig wrote:nice pak: got the following problems tho !

Can't seem to find a way to make it look decent with the resolution, I might've messed too much with my own config, the screen "crumbles" if I turn the resolution up a notch. Care to upload ur cfg Vermin ? Or is the one on aq2world.com updated, if u put one?

Can't really go to menu if my sister is around (guess why), what's the menu called, so I can delete the pictures? Or could I have u bother to make a menu that isn't R-rated?:)

I want ur textures too! Where did you get 'em?! :)
Well I have a cfg uploaded to aq2wrold.com but it's really old and doesn't have any never commands from aprq2 or anything.

Well imo the menu is not R-rated since there isn't anything visible that would make for example a movie R-rated. The menu files are the files named m_main_xxxx.png if you want to remove them.

I suppose those textures are the default ones in revolution so I haven't made or downloaded anything new for that map though I do have a 60mb .pak of some 32bit aq2 textures and 150mb .pak of 32bit baseq2 textures. I've collected the aq2 textures from various different .paks and gathered the ones I like together and it's not anywhere available to download but there should be plenty of those 32bit texture paks for aq2 around.

The baseq2 32bit textures can be found here:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/q2/index.htm
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Suxz wrote:

Can't seem to find a way to make it look decent with the resolution, I might've messed too much with my own config, the screen "crumbles" if I turn the resolution up a notch. Care to upload ur cfg Vermin ? Or is the one on aq2world.com updated, if u put one?

Can't really go to menu if my sister is around (guess why), what's the menu called, so I can delete the pictures? Or could I have u bother to make a menu that isn't R-rated?:)

1. I dont know how a desent look is, but you have to have a high resolution, like 1280 * 1024 or 1280 * 960, and write gl_scale 2 in you autoexec.cfg, with normal gl_scale 1 (default) you whont get benefit for the high resolution on pics. If you got a 4:3 monitor (old crt one) use a 4:3 resolution like 1280 * 960, and not a other aspect ratio like on lcd monitors (5:4 or 16:9).

2. The menu is built up of many pics files.... all the menu pics files in this pak is .png files.... So delete all the m_main_......png files, Ex m_main_game.png

3. Yeah Vermin please share your textures! :D :D :D
How do I change resolution in the cfg ? :)
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Suxz
joined the game

Post by Suxz »

Sovnig wrote:
Suxz wrote:

1. I dont know how a desent look is, but you have to have a high resolution, like 1280 * 1024 or 1280 * 960, and write gl_scale 2 in you autoexec.cfg, with normal gl_scale 1 (default) you whont get benefit for the high resolution on pics. If you got a 4:3 monitor (old crt one) use a 4:3 resolution like 1280 * 960, and not a other aspect ratio like on lcd monitors (5:4 or 16:9).

2. The menu is built up of many pics files.... all the menu pics files in this pak is .png files.... So delete all the m_main_......png files, Ex m_main_game.png

3. Yeah Vermin please share your textures! :D :D :D
How do I change resolution in the cfg ? :)
The command is:
set gl_mode
on 8 you got 1280 * 960, it will be like this then:
set gl_mode "8"
if you want to know a other resolution you can count how may times you have to "click" in the menu on Video options, the first resolution is (320 * 240)
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Vermin wrote:

Well I have a cfg uploaded to aq2wrold.com but it's really old and doesn't have any never commands from aprq2 or anything.

Well imo the menu is not R-rated since there isn't anything visible that would make for example a movie R-rated. The menu files are the files named m_main_xxxx.png if you want to remove them.

I suppose those textures are the default ones in revolution so I haven't made or downloaded anything new for that map though I do have a 60mb .pak of some 32bit aq2 textures and 150mb .pak of 32bit baseq2 textures. I've collected the aq2 textures from various different .paks and gathered the ones I like together and it's not anywhere available to download but there should be plenty of those 32bit texture paks for aq2 around.

Thanks a million, I still have the problem that my monitor goes ") )" if u get what I mean, when I turn up the resolution in quake, got any ideas?:)
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Oh yeah, and..
Vermin wrote: I suppose those textures are the default ones in revolution so I haven't made or downloaded anything new for that map though I do have a 60mb .pak of some 32bit aq2 textures and 150mb .pak of 32bit baseq2 textures. I've collected the aq2 textures from various different .paks and gathered the ones I like together and it's not anywhere available to download but there should be plenty of those 32bit texture paks for aq2 around.

I never really messed with my aq2 before :)
Revolution?
Where do I put the baseq2 ? And what do they do for my aq2?:)
//Splinter
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

Sovnig wrote:
Vermin wrote:

Thanks a million, I still have the problem that my monitor goes ") )" if u get what I mean, when I turn up the resolution in quake, got any ideas?:)
I actually updated my config in aq2world.com right now though it needs to be confirmed by an admin first before it's available for downloading.

You have a crt then? And the view gets twisted when you change the resolution? Well in that case you need to adjust the view from your monitor's menu.
Sovnig wrote:Oh yeah, and..
Vermin wrote: I suppose those textures are the default ones in revolution so I haven't made or downloaded anything new for that map though I do have a 60mb .pak of some 32bit aq2 textures and 150mb .pak of 32bit baseq2 textures. I've collected the aq2 textures from various different .paks and gathered the ones I like together and it's not anywhere available to download but there should be plenty of those 32bit texture paks for aq2 around.

I never really messed with my aq2 before :)
Revolution?
Where do I put the baseq2 ? And what do they do for my aq2?:)
revolution is the name of the map that you can see in my first screenshot, it has nice textures even without replacing anything. You put the baseq2 texture pak to your Quake2\baseq2 folder. If some aq2 maps use the default textures from baseq2 then those will get replaced by these 32bit ones. There is one large, over 100mb, file in that site that you need to download, you can pretty much ignore the other links in that site.
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Oh yeah, I actually knew that revolution was a map, heh :)
Well, my problem is that my monitor is adjusted to fit (what a coincidence) 1280 * 960 perfectly, so I dont really get why aq fucks it up :D
//Splinter
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

what you play other maps then c2 ? :O
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Once my screen started 'shaking' when I ran AQ2 on 800*600 for no reason I guess. I didn't change anything so I had no clue and that's when I was forced to change to 1024*... Weird stuff.
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Vermin wrote:I actually updated my config in aq2world.com right now though it needs to be confirmed by an admin first before it's available for downloading.
Done.
LaggizZ
melted

Post by LaggizZ »

Nice:P Looks good :) But when i try "new" paks, i always go back to original later :P
hmm..
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

emu wrote:what you play other maps then c2 ? :O
Ofcourse I do, stupid {MOB} wants to play mesto now and then too :(
//Splinter
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Clement wrote:
Vermin wrote:I actually updated my config in aq2world.com right now though it needs to be confirmed by an admin first before it's available for downloading.
Done.
As of today :
Config: Uploaded but not verified
//Splinter
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Sovnig wrote:
Clement wrote:
Done.
As of today :
Config: Uploaded but not verified
Blame hawk.. the system ain't working like it's 'sposed to.
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

Blame the DUTCH! 8)