SajhCo Cup

SajhCo Cup

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

sajh
is legless

SajhCo Cup

Post by sajh »

1. What is sajhco cup?
sajh co cup is a cup/tournament loosely based on the cots-idea adminned by myself(sajh) and a yet to be announced team of admins (& co).
2. Who will play in sajhco cup?
There will be a number of invited teams, these teams will as always be picked based on individual skill of members, team play and recent and past results.. and also activity is of rather high importance. In addition to the invited teams, a sign up period will be held which will result in a knockout phase in which teams that have not been invite to prove that they belong in sajhco cup.
3. What about..
3a. maps?

There will be a predetermined map pool consisting of maps that have been played reasonably much at both public and clan wars. Current maps are Urban 2, Riot, Cliff 2, Cloud, Pier, Rok.
3b. servers?
The allowed servers are currently, catch-gamer, peliserverit and z0r. But, as peliserverit tend to be taken, united may be used as a substitute.. but if any of the clans have experienced problems with this server, they are allowed to force the game to be paused until a peliserverit is available. So, more or less it just falls under the rule stating that any server is allowed as long as both clans accept. This will probably cause some whine amongst teams who want koster or da or similar servers. But to avoid too much ping whine, the servers have been limited to these 4. Unless BOTH, yes.. both, teams agree otherwise.
3c. match outcome?
The outcome will be determined the normal way, most amount of rounds... wins.. no fancy shit such as map wins, percentage or least amount of plums.
3d. tournament structure?
Quite simple, you play vs every opponent once, 4on4. 2p for a victory, 1p for a tie. When all matches have been played, the top 2 ranked ones will play a season final. In this game, the winner of the league part will pick 2 homemaps, and the second ranked one will pick 1. In the event of 2 clans being tied in the end, ending up at the same amout of points.. the winner of their internal game during the season will determine who will get to pick 2 maps and who will have to pick only one. And in the extreme event of this internal game being a tie as well, 4 maps will be played in the final (will take some time, but its AN UBERFINAL.. so dont whine)
4. What differs this tournament from any other tournament?
Well, this is the part that i like.. that others might not like :).
Before the actual tournament begins, all clans are to send a game plan to the admin team. In this plan the team will state which map they will play vs which opponent. Remember the limited map pool, this is were it comes to use. All clans have to pick each and every of these maps to play twice.
This brings us to a situation which might occur.. what if iN picks cliff2 vs j in their game plan(for some odd reason, suicide.. ) and j picks c2 vs iN (for a more obvious reason).. then the game will be played 2xc2. So carefully pick which map you want to play vs which of the opponents.
Also, to further make things annoying and difficult. YOUR map, will be played at the OPPONENTS server and the OPPONENT picks skins (ctf_r and ctf_b only). Servers will be the ones stated in the server pool, unless agreed upon by both teams.
5. Well then, which maps?!
All maps arent determined at the moment, read 3a.
6. Why these maps?
Maps are picked based on the criteria, "it should be well known both on public play and clan wars". Eg. mesto is excluded as its hardly ever played at Norwegian publics.. and tokyo as its never played in Finland.. which maps are/aren't played at z0r i don't know, and don't care about ;) (the tournament was initially intended to be a Scandinavian tournament only.. but as Kiwii is so cute, z0r was added to the server pool).
7. Which clans are invited?
Currently none, the aim is approx 6-8 clans. Clans will be invited during the week and next week.
8. How many clans will be allowed in the knockout phase?
Depends on interest, a separate thread will be opened for clans to sign up in.
9. This sounds like lame tournament.. why the weird rules..?
The goal is to see which clan is the best at somewhat "common" maps.. this to avoid one clan winning it all by only knowing 1 map. And the reversed server idea is something I've suggested to various tournaments for a long time.. but always been turned down. I want to see how it works out:).
10. Will there be any more tournaments?
Depends on how this tournament goes, the idea is to have more in the future.. where well behaving/performing clans will be invited (a clan that managed to qualify through the knockout will automatically be invited to the next comming tournament).
11. Eh.. ok.. still sounds weird.. how do we sign up? and how often are the matches played?
Based on the feedback in this thread, a sign up thread will be opened (if there is anyone interested that is..).. and matches will be played AT LEAST once a week.. if an active clan wants to play all cup matches during one week, go ahead. But no less than 1 per week. W.O discussions will be dealt with during the way, keep in mind that i hate most people and might end up giving every one penalty points..
12. Who are the admins?
So far: Solidas, NuFan, Titchy, Fleck, Da^JuaN, emu and Skanda with Marlporo as web designer.
13. OK, anything needed?
Well.. what i need now is..
*Some feedback in this thread showing whether there is an interest in this tournament or not
*2-8 match admins (spec games and deal with whiners)
*Someone bashing together a tournament page
and finally, devoted clans.....

14. HEY WAIT A MINUTE, what about mm3?!?
Its allowed, however limchase must be set to 2, and you must notify your opponent.

*Some of these rules might be subject to change.. and more specific rules on server settings etc will be added later.. but you grasp the general structure*

I hope there is any interest in trying out this set of rules..:)

*Updated 2/3-07 01:47 GMT+1, united added as a substitute for peliserverit. Sludge1 and Pier added to the map pool. And hopefully Marlporo will create the homepage (i missed him twice it seems, due to work+gym+beer.. but i hope he is still up for it). Titchy joined in as a third admin. More admins needed however.*

*Updated 2/3-07 22:19 GMT+1, Marlporo accepted creating the homepage. PHP-coder needed. Fleck and Da^JuaN joined in as a co-admins. Channel has been opened up at #sajhco and MM3-rule added *

*Updated 3/3-07 19:35 GMT+1 Emu and Skanda joined in as admins. No more admins needed. Map pool finalized.. each map will be played twice, resulting in a league consisting of 10 clans. 10 invited plus 3 that can qualify. The qualification will host a total of 24 clans.*
Last edited by sajh on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

o/ ohye baby! let's roll!
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I might as well say it now:
OMG QUAD ISN'T INVITED/SEEDED/AUTOMATICALLY MADE CHAMPIONS????

Okay.
I don't give a shit.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Clown wrote:I might as well say it now:
OMG QUAD ISN'T INVITED/SEEDED/AUTOMATICALLY MADE CHAMPIONS????

Okay.
I thought of that :( quad will be invited if you are active;P
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I think you should put 'Clown' somewhere in the title of this competition.
I don't give a shit.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Clown wrote:I think you should put 'Clown' somewhere in the title of this competition.
is psycho close enough?
whine...<br />
Haur
blew up

Post by Haur »

we are ready and active..
Once you go {MOB} you never stop..
Gepardi
melted

Re: SajhCo Cup

Post by Gepardi »

sajh wrote:Well.. what i need now is..
*Some feedback in this thread showing whether there is an interest in this tournament or not
Well, in my opinion everything sounds pretty good. However, allowing united-servers would be pretty wise as there are only 2 peliserverit-servers, which are occupied pretty often.
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Gepardi wrote: Well, in my opinion everything sounds pretty good. However, allowing united-servers would be pretty wise as there are only 2 peliserverit-servers, which are occupied pretty often.
point taken, the reason for not adding united right aways is that ive heard some complaints regarding ping/lag at uni-servs lately. I'll look into this further though.
whine...<br />
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

sajh wrote:
Gepardi wrote: Well, in my opinion everything sounds pretty good. However, allowing united-servers would be pretty wise as there are only 2 peliserverit-servers, which are occupied pretty often.
point taken, the reason for not adding united right aways is that ive heard some complaints regarding ping/lag at uni-servs lately. I'll look into this further though.
Yea, uniservers were offline for a while and after they came back, they've been laggier for some people, I think. But I dunno mucho about that.. :)
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
Rulf
found a way out

Post by Rulf »

I know how it feels to be a rolling stone that must keep walking down the stone road...

but nvm that

Lets role! :D
coooopa tropppppa BEACH!
oVa
plummets to its death
In-game Name: OVALEE

Post by oVa »

Sounds cool imo. but would be cooler without that "only for invited clans" -system. :) Well, gl Solidas.
B>
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

oVa wrote:Sounds cool imo. but would be cooler without that "only for invited clans" -system. :) Well, gl Solidas.
The idea is that the league part of the game will be invite+qualification, but any team are welcome to apply for the qualification phase which will be played as a normal knockout tournament
whine...<br />
oVa
plummets to its death
In-game Name: OVALEE

Post by oVa »

sajh wrote:
oVa wrote:Sounds cool imo. but would be cooler without that "only for invited clans" -system. :) Well, gl Solidas.
The idea is that the league part of the game will be invite+qualification, but any team are welcome to apply for the qualification phase which will be played as a normal knockout tournament
Oh, sry my mistake. :D 100% cool tournament 8)
B>
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

i like the idea, by picking maps which is played on the public servers.
i think its more about teamplay and skills then owning one map as you said in the rules.
almost all of MY favourite maps are those which can been seen in all public servers mappcycle. and i think its the same for most aq2 players..
bail{UNi}