SajhCo update

SajhCo Cup

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

sajh
is legless

SajhCo update

Post by sajh »

So, it seems there is some interest in the tournament/cup/league-thingie after all. So what has happened, and what is to be expected next?

- 10/10 teams are now invited to direct qualify to the league phase.
- 24/24 teams have signed up to play in the playoff, however the signup is still left opened as if more teams wish to sign up, ill make place for them somehow (everyone who wants to participate should get a chance).
- Thanks to an amazing effort by Marlporo, the tournament page is up and running and contains the latest rules etc. The url for this is http://sajhco.kweik.com
-Signup will close at friday night as previously announced. And on saturday the qualification trees will be presented. After that the qualification round starts, and the games may begin.
-The start date of the league is yet to be determined.

Also, i would like for all team captains to check through their lineups again, to verify that no players are double signed.

Other than this, congratulations to the invited teams and the best of luck to the qualifiers.
Last edited by sajh on Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I was wondering would it really be that big deal if you let us use our server? What I'm trying to say is I'd understand your choice of servers if the scene was still as big as it was few years ago. But now we're the only clan away from that range (well, apart from portuguese guys). And usually we're up for changing the server if the enemy has that bad ping.

Besides, we're not that good anyway and just want to participate fairly :)
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

AssKick3r wrote:I was wondering would it really be that big deal if you let us use our server? What I'm trying to say is I'd understand your choice of servers if the scene was still as big as it was few years ago. But now we're the only clan away from that range (well, apart from portuguese guys). And usually we're up for changing the server if the enemy has that bad ping.

Besides, we're not that good anyway and just want to participate fairly :)
I've been trying to reach fleck regarding this. But i usually dont get home before 21.00 and he didnt reply :) But ill try again tomorrow.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Great work guys!

The page looks great!
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

As i dont think i can post on the main page of aq2world, updates on the league will continue in this thread.
The qualification round has now begun and all groups has had their first game today:
Group A:
An old swedish clan eliminates one of the 2 portuguese clans participating. The cw was played 2xWireplay, which is a rule in games vs a .pt clan due to the nature of their connections. 01 started off nicely at cliff2, but lost their momentum half way through the map, which simply wasnt good enough. Clutch won this game with 37-24.

Group B:
To my suprise, UR took the initiative and quickly scheduled their first game vs the reasonably unknown finnish clan @no1. The old danes won this game with 35-19.

Group C:
Up and comming finnish clan dt] played the first sajhco tournament of this season against veterans [NARF]. After a close encounter at riot rendering dt] a lead by a mere couple of rounds, a humiliation was a fact at pier ending with 28-3 in dts favour. Game ended 39-11.

A good first "real day" of the playoff as 2 of the clans i had expected to be inactive both got their games played, creds to UR and c for not being as dead as i thought;). I know at least one game is scheduled for tomorrow, Playday 1-game [v8] vs *RF*, and i hope the rest of you are doing your best to get your games going. The sooner you play your game, the sooner you can move on to the next one.

My own clan, edge, is having some internal problem which might cause some rearrangements in the league to be made, but more on that as the situation progresses.
Last edited by sajh on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
whine...<br />
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

The next update should be a radio broadcast :)
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Lotus wrote:The next update should be a radio broadcast :)
:D
whine...<br />
RewinD
hit the ground hard, real hard
In-game Name: RewinD, G-Funk
Operating System: Win 7 Ultimate x64
Processor model/speed: Intel 3gen i5 3570K @ 4,2 GHZ
Memory: 16 GB Crucial 1600MHZ
Hard drive: 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB, Corsair SSD 115 GB and Samsung SSD 128 GB + Western Digital 500GB External
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 Zotac
Monitor: 2x Samsung 22 inch LCD Screens
Mouse: Logitech G700, Logitech G300 and Logitech G9
Keyboard: Logitech Mechanical Keyboard G710+

Post by RewinD »

thumbs up for sajh, you're doin a hell of a job to keep this scene together. I admire your go-on will and all your work to pull this thing off. This kind of stuff is healty for the scene.

All credz to you
Between what is and what could be
STEAM ID: RewinD85
Origin ID: mosrew
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

End of playday 1
Since the last update another bunch of games have been played, and the first playday has come to an end.

Group A:
Finnish bad boys *RF* takes on newly reopened [v8]. v8 struggled, but failed to inflict any major damage on an *RF* team which strenght looked promising for the comming games.
The game ended 28-17, *RF* winning both maps. Also i would like to give some cred to *RF* for delining v8's w.o-offer when failing to field a full team at the scheduled time, a new time was set instead and the game was played as intended. An honourable way to do it, thumbs up from sajh and crew.

HBs vs Guys - I didnt see it! End score 24-18.

Group B:
No games played since last update.

Group C:
[fAt] and fa. ended with a quite big win for fAt. I did not see this game, and do not know much about the clan. No further comments except that the match ended 32-23 in favour of fAt who lives to see another day.

Swedish semiold clan *wPn* took on reasonably new from Finland. Not much is known about this match either except that *wPn* played very solid at rok, which was the only map i specced. A +10 lead from rok was enough to break down enough to win cloud with a couple of spare rounds.
And as most hockeygames end, Sweden won +14 in this encounter, final score 34-20.

When the smoke cleared after the first playday we could se HBs//, *RF*, -UR-, [fAt], (c) and *wPn* emerge as winner of the first round.
Sadly some complications has led to the pP vs 5Q game is yet to be played, their deadline has been extended another day or so.

As games arent locked to a specific playday, we also have a couple of results in from the second playday. And I didnt even get to finish my cup of coffee before one of the predicted finalists of group A, eX, had met their maker by playing *RF*. The match ended in 37-25, a result that shows that *RF* are indeed interested in the finals.

Group B:
The old danes went up vs highly respected german clan _kokst. _kokst usually are considered to be one of the top clans when participating in leagues, but their lack of activity at the moment forced them to fight their way through the qualification rounds this time. The old danes stood no chance what so ever vs the germans who proved that lack of activity isnt the same as lack of skill.
Koksnutten won this game by 34-13 and therefore ruining my intention to keep using the phrase 'The old danes' in every upcoming update. The old germans are now affected by the delay with the pP-5Q game.

The titan, :OwN:, is slowly awakening. The old champion of aq2world division 1 has been slumbering for quite some time now. With fresh blood they are now eager to show that they still are a clan to fear. They quickly took an 8-2 lead at riot, but their finnish opponents Lite fought back and tied the game, but only to lose grip and lost the map with a few rounds.
Second map started out reasonable for Lite, but OwN got back into the game and came out on top at this map as well. 31-23 says the score board, and bye bye Lite says the crowd.

Group C:
One miracle and one thriller were to be found in this group.

The clan who made the most fuzz about invitations being unfair in sajhco, MOB, lost vs fAt. fAt won both maps, and after a long cheat-discussion ending up in nufan having to collect demos and look through, fAt was declared the winner of the game by scores 12-11 and 12-8, a total of 24-19. Once again fAt lives to see another day.

The final game of the evening was bC vs dip. This game showed exactly what i had hoped for. After losing their home map of the game, pier, dip was believed to be down and out. But at cloud they quickly showed that this was not the case. The total score of the match was a tie for most of cloud, with one clan taking a +1 lead every now and then. 1 minute left, dip was down by 1 round. The round was won by dip with enough seconds remaining to end up in a tiebreaking round.
Dip seemed to go for a defensive stance in this round, bC attacked and managed to strike in such a way that 3 of dips defending players died almost instantly whilst losing one themselved. Zatroff found himself in a 1on3, where he managed to take out 2, but the 3rd was too much. A great way to end a thrilling game. bC continues on to the next round, with the result 28-27 vs dip in their report card. Good game to both clans.

9 games being played in 3 days, sajhco has started out great so far. Tiebreakers, cheat accusations, unexpected terminations of good clans... all the good stuff ;). Keep it up!
whine...<br />
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Oh sajh, I love the way you summarize things! 'twas sweet to read.
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

Man, and I was cheering for dip :<
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

sajh wrote:Koksnutten won this game by 34-13 and therefore ruining my intention to keep using the phrase 'The old danes' in every upcoming update.
I do believe that our effort of actually gathering four players to play two matches deserves an honorary mention in every forthcoming update :)
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Clement wrote:
sajh wrote:Koksnutten won this game by 34-13 and therefore ruining my intention to keep using the phrase 'The old danes' in every upcoming update.
I do believe that our effort of actually gathering four players to play two matches deserves an honorary mention in every forthcoming update :)
haha, at least i found it very impressive :) good stuff!
whine...<br />
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

How did Quadaver do?
I don't give a shit.
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

Clown wrote:How did Quadaver do?
They lost to activity, was quite boring.