SajhCo update

SajhCo Cup

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

eX
melted

Post by eX »

3 clans dropped, 7 clans don't play their matches, Armageddon doesn't deserve to be in the finals.

Final between j and lost.

And if you're about to make a sajhco II, make sure none of those 7 clans are init nor those 3 clans which dropped.

Suggestion: A ladder would be better for this shitscene, when players can play when they want to, allthough if a clan remains inactive during the laddergame, they will fall in places. This should replace the ordinary clanwars. Clans dropping in a ladder wouldn't have such big effect on the remaining teams in the ladder as it has in tournaments.
cool as fcuk
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Ladders are nice in theory :) But from what ive seen during the years of aq2, ladders tend to die even faster as people want be declared the WINNARRR of something. And in ladders there are no winners, just temporary leading teams :).

I think aq2 tried ladders 3 or 4 times (2 using clan base, 1 using aq2suomi, and i think there is one more). Aq2suomi was by far the most successful one.

Indeed sajhco has become nothing but a failure now :), i kind of expected the league to be difficult to finish as everyone knows that some clans will drop out when they dont have a chance to win anylonger. Or that summer inactivity will take its toll. I HOPED that the unusual game structure of sajhco would create an interest in playing the games which would reach beyond the pure strive for victory. However, i was proven wrong on this one :).

Worth mentioning though is that i will continue with the sajhco cups/leagues/etc. Up and comming are the sajhco:champions tournaments, ie the one map tournaments. A single elimination tournament with a lower amount of games needed to be played. I think that could be a good kind of tournament to run during the summer. Also i will edit the rule set as mentioned in my previous post, which will allow teams such as RA to probably stay active even though they have big changes in lineups etc.

The "official" sajhco 2 has been plotted out since a couple of months back, and will be launched as intended. This will not be until after the summer inactivity.

<everyone>: "shut up now sajh, noone really cares anyhow"
<sajh>:"ok :("
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Damn unstable clans, always troublemakers.

I think there still needs to be something going on in the summer, something easygoing :)
Like last year when there was aq2 football (was that in the summer?) and summercup,...
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

I wanna play football again :?
^stric^
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

AssKick3r wrote:Damn unstable clans, always troublemakers.

I think there still needs to be something going on in the summer, something easygoing :)
Like last year when there was aq2 football (was that in the summer?) and summercup,...
arr the onemap tournaments will be active during summer, dunno if thats easygoing though:P
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Moose
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Moose »

20:00? GMT?

and

20.00 Tuesday 5/6
{UNi} (Pier) vs /-- (Urban2)

We already played against Double Negative? You were there sajh, you should know =)
Moose{UNi} | http://www.clanunited.org | #clanunited@qnet
United AQ2 Admins | http://mysteryman.z0r.nl/aq2/ | #aq2admins @ qnet
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Moose wrote:20:00? GMT?

and

20.00 Tuesday 5/6
{UNi} (Pier) vs /-- (Urban2)

We already played against Double Negative? You were there sajh, you should know =)
1. All times are in CET (swetime;) )
2. fufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufu (ok, removed)
whine...<br />
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

Btw, sajhco made first not so good choise in the second round, when people were asked whats the second map. I think it would have been best to ask from top ~8 teams captains what map should have played. Since riot was good map at the beginning, but then it should have been cloud or u2 for reeal. After those rok would have been good. Then like tokyo etc etc...
.UncycleD
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by .UncycleD »

So, basically you think that democracy is a shitty thing, and that 8 of the best players should decide what maps are most important in the aq2-community rather than having the community decide for itself?

My guess is that you are the captain of one of the 8 best clans?
#4056 in z0r.nl
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

Yes, or 16 captains of the teams which played. Like every clan will pick three maps, first one gets 3 points, second 2 points and third one 1 point.

Its not players, it's teams, they can choose maps as a team. Of course if they dont want to use it as team, then even one dude can give the points.

It would be nice to see how the %'s would have changed, if even most of finns would have voted.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

The vote is to determine which map the aq2players want to play, regardless if they participated in the previous season or not.

If the vote results in a map you dont want to play, then you dont have to sign up. Simple and fair.
whine...<br />
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

Not really, its map that foreigners want to play. Since aq2world is so silent, and mainly not so many finns using this anymore.

Well something good that SajhCo: Riot was one of the best tournaments ever, nice rules, nice map, nice matches (not those vip matches though).
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

well, the vote was up for some time and was mention in the forums that sajhco use, and the sajhco-channel. IE, the ones who were the least bit interested in sajhco knew about the vote, and voted.

Those who werent interested in sajhco, or just wanted an excuse to whine afterwards, didnt vote. As simple as that.
whine...<br />
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Listen to yourself alieni, you want to play cloud for the whole tournament. That'd really make things better and thrilling!
The other day you mocked sajh's action of banning your clan, now you seem just bitter.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

If I vote for a map to be played in a cup, I will pick the one that I want to see being played by the "best european clans", not what THEY want to play, that's the other league's job.
If your clan likes the map, join the cup; else, stay aside and shut your snout. (Or getting personal... make your own cloud 24/7 cup.)
Ne quid nimis.