Vista fullscreen..

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Stanny
hit the ground hard, real hard

Vista fullscreen..

Post by Stanny »

like half of you guys probably seen I cant get aq2 to work so good in Vista.

Anyway, I've managed to get it work in fullscreen in software, but however I do when I try fullscreen in opengl it crashes.

I got the latest drivers for my gfx card and anything, its a raedon 9500 pro / 9700 I think. :p
Anyone got a tip or something?

Am I suppose to use the drivers for XP or Vista? I'm using Vista.. and I've tried to re-download them!
King of kings!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

No idea son. My aq2 works great on vista. i diddnt even have to change anything and yes you are supposed to use the vista drivers :p

try getting the crash log from the event list
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
MiPs
is connecting

Post by MiPs »

Hmmz i don t have vista...i m using xp with a kind of patch vista. The bug in fullscreen was an addon who makes the windows transparant, i just disabled it..dunno if that can help you i m just a noob u know :D
Yeh Piece Of Cake !
chatode
joined the game

Post by chatode »

Dont know if this info is still up to date but some time ago this was posted at http://www.aq2suomi.com news section:
Note: The following ATI features are not supported in the Catalyst® Vista RTM driver for the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system:
· CrossFire™
· Catalyst® Control Center Video aspect page
· OpenGL
· VIVO support
· The capture driver for these products is not being updated at this time
So what this basically means is that at the moment AQ2 + Vista wont work with Radeon cards as the Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista do not support OpenGL.
aka Ode aka katodi
Violent
was flattened

Post by Violent »

I had Vista before, but I deleted it! I hate it! FOR GODS SAKE, DON'T BUY A COMPUTER WITH VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drivers and stuff sucks bigtime..
go for xp or 2000 if u wanna play aq2 :D vista makes me crazy, dunno why :(
iN Violent - *die young*