Industrial Rumble [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

WizardExt wrote:I wish you would showed us it earlier. I felt that the preview came very close to the release, a bit too close. You even stated in the preview post that you didn't wanted too much input from the public since you had already change the map a couple of times. :)
Well as everything I do, this really was done very intensively once I started. Then paused and started again. So the problem was the map wasn't really in this form for much more than a couple of weeks :) It's been evolving over time, and some parts are the same, some have changed two or three times, and textures have been changed :) So at the time of the preview was the first time when I though that I had everything there that I wanted in the map, and then I just wanted to check if other people thought it looked good or not :)

I think you misread me a bit on the "didn't want too much input" part. I did want input, I just hoped that it would be good input, so that I didn't have to redesign the map yet again :). I mean, I probably wouldn't have released it as it is now if everyone would have disliked the idea and look of the map :)

-NRG
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

played a cw against the author and his clan on this map today, or yesterday since its past midnight.

Works great! and a lot of fun. Its like a anti-camp map :-)
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Lotus wrote:played a cw against the author and his clan on this map today, or yesterday since its past midnight.

Oh yes :) I had a blast actually, it was always pretty easy (and fast) to circle around the opponent and shoot them in the back, which meant that there was really no way to camp, especially if you were in a 2on2 or 3on3 situation where one could attack from one direction, while the other circled around to get the other direction. It also meant that you needed to check your back quite a lot :) I think there was like one round out of the 28 that were played that was even a little bit campy. Of course this could also be because of the opponent (Thanks for the gg :) ).
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

NRGizeR wrote:
Lotus wrote:played a cw against the author and his clan on this map today, or yesterday since its past midnight.

Oh yes :) I had a blast actually, it was always pretty easy (and fast) to circle around the opponent and shoot them in the back, which meant that there was really no way to camp, especially if you were in a 2on2 or 3on3 situation where one could attack from one direction, while the other circled around to get the other direction. It also meant that you needed to check your back quite a lot :) I think there was like one round out of the 28 that were played that was even a little bit campy. Of course this could also be because of the opponent (Thanks for the gg :) ).

:)
Got to make a own cfg to this map.
With a lot more "sens", and a script that centerprints "LOOK BEHIND YOU!" every five seconds :p
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
Toad
is connecting

Post by Toad »

Very nice presentation, with the high res textures it looks better than quake2 usually does.