Free AQ2/CS like game - Urbanterror

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mauri
is connecting

Free AQ2/CS like game - Urbanterror

Post by Mauri »

A new version of the Q3 based realistic mod Urbanterror has just been released, but it is now Quake3 independent! NO CD KEY NEEDED! BattlEye anticheat sofware instead of Punkbuster

Real weapons, 100's of clans in the European community, anti-lag (making low ping vs high ping a fair match), 3 different gametypes (Teamplay, CTF and Bomb), insane speed, walljumping, powersliding, improved graphics, excellent playability and a player menu that allows you to tweek everything you see and feel without having to be a wiz at .cfg's are just a few of the things the game has to offer.

Log on to:
www.urbanterror.net for download (536MB file + iourbanterror.exe (2mb download)

www.forums.urbanterror.net for videos, screenshots, info and help

http://www.urbanterror.net/40faq.txt for a small FAQ on the new version

Have fun, and if you need any help you can find me, at night, on #trickyklan
Last edited by Mauri on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Nice one! Gonna try this, cheers man.
Mauri
is connecting

Post by Mauri »

My pleasure mate, spread the word around, the more people the merrier.
Anything, you know where to find me.
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

i played q3ut for fun when it was first released.
gonna download it and check it out..
bail{UNi}
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

liked the early versions of q3ut, played it quite much with a few other aq2players, (gangstar and furbee). The later versions felt more and more like just another cs-wannabe.

ill probably give it a shot again though.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Mauri
is connecting

Post by Mauri »

Download it and give it a try, the game has come a long way since you last tried it, probably. We are now in Beta 4.0.

Pub some CTF at first, you'll spawn every 13 seconds or less, that will make it easier on you guys to get a faster feel of the game.
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

The walljumping seems fascinating...
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

dl it right now so tomorrow i will be trying this out.. looking forward to it :)
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Well there is not insane speed, i think it is alittle to slow but then again we all know there isnt a better game then aq2 for speed :) but i enjoyed to play it anyways and i will recomand that you all trys it out :)
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

Sabotage wrote:Well there is not insane speed, i think it is alittle to slow but then again we all know there isnt a better game then aq2 for speed :)
I think you meant to say that, the whole quake is the best game for speed. Cause when you play TP on AQ2, then the speed is dragged down way much.
If you want speed, start playing Quake 3 or 4 deathmatch online.
You'll die of stress, seriously...
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
bail

Post by bail »

yeah if you want camp just connect to any local server with urban in mapcycle.
but ctf is fun, but survival can be campy and slow...
bail{UNi}
Mauri
is connecting

Post by Mauri »

Sabotage wrote:Well there is not insane speed, i think it is alittle to slow but then again we all know there isnt a better game then aq2 for speed :) but i enjoyed to play it anyways and i will recomand that you all trys it out :)
Hehe, I respect your opinion, but keep in mind you probably do not dominate urbanterror strafe technique just yet, it's a bit different from AQ2. I'll try and record an .avi of how it goes for you to see how fast the game can get. :)
If you feel like watching a movie of some of the best jumpers in the game, dowload this movie: http://www.own-age.com/vids/5803
It's about 260MB and made in the previous version where the sprint was 30% slower than now. I highly recommend you watching this, fantastic.
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

I'll give this a second try.. Used to play some of the older version.. maybe at the same time RQ3 was released, was it 2004 or 2003? :D Can't remember
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
bail

Post by bail »

i like q3ut but...
ctf is pretty much like aq2 tp, nice action some camp but then you will kill him when you respawn..
survival thats more like a aq2 cupfinal. mustwin at any price.

i love ctf in any game i think its fun..
bail{UNi}
Sweet
found a way out

Post by Sweet »

I like it. :) but but. its too slow :/ and that jumping sucksharddd:'< and too many buttons for everything :DD
Sweet =A=