FOLLOW UP ON ANTI-CHEAT

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

the day i cant join a server cause im missing some special anticheat client i will install it,
i dont cheat so im satisfied with my nocheat, i only use it to be able to use 32bits textures.
bail{UNi}
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

I'd like a cheatfree AQ2 environment, therefore I say Force it.

This debate will go back and forth as it's supposed to do and tears will be shed among some of you for not getting your way through. Aka life...
It's a chicken/egg problem: if few people use it, problems don't get fixed, and unless problems get fixed, only a few will use it.
Spot on.
Jukasa
is connecting

Post by Jukasa »

I think Anticheat was hacked in 5 minutes.. no reason to enforce any 0.01 alpha versions that dont give any cheat protection.

It also gives people fake reason not to record. "I HAVE AC, I CANT CHEAT11!="
Member of fAtique
[fAt]Jukasa
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

You think? Show me facts. Do you know how it even works?
^stric^
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

For the Finnish linux users: AC won't be forced in Finland as far as I see it, so it doesn't affect your playing in any way.

For the users that are capable of using AC but not interested installing it: Go fuck yourselves.

For the developers: Info about AC is scattered in several different pages, it's really a pain in the arse to start finding the needed stuff and read everything at different places. Client .pak file, client .dll file with info about installing, instructions for server admins about installing AC/new Q2admin.. These all should be in ONE SITE, clearly explained. http://antiche.at is very easy to read, but it doesn't contain enough info for everybody. I know R1CH made AC for Q2, not only AQ2, but still he could make a separate page for AQ2 client packet over there or at least put a link to http://anticheat.aq2world.com B|

For the users that have already suitable client, installing AC is really easy. The problem comes with old AQ2 players that have used basic Q2 client or some other crap for years, and I know many of these cases. I know it's hard to change the client just to get AC working, but IMO it's worth it. And yes, we would need a new install file for AQ2, as Rallu's packet is starting to be out-of-date. Also AQ2World's front page should be updated to include info about AQ2 install and all the most important files (like AQ2Suomi has).

To comment the AC itself, we MUST get it to ALL servers, forced or not. Personally, I really don't give a shit as long as I can check who uses it with aclist command (+ the exception list for those who can't use it, though I already know ~90% of the persons who will be on that list). Not using it gives me enough "evidence" to start suspecting someone of cheating. It'll be easy to spot these cases after majority has AC in use. We just have to give it some time.

Really dudes (not pointing out anyone's name to keep off the personal flaming) why you have to be so negative against everything new that comes in this game? GIVE IT A CHANCE ffs, it won't kill ya. We can forget the whole thing if it goes fucked.. like nocheat. But I don't want to see that happen. Some of you closed-mind whiners are making this really hard for the developers, they're trying to help the scene, that's all. This Anticheat seems to be much more reliable than NC though, gj guys.

Well that was a mess, bad time of day to start thinking this through B>

edit: probably my longest post ever :p
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Delete antichea.at and put it all on the aq2w link whoever has control of that, please and thank you. This will help keep eveything together, also expect a dedicated anticheat forum sometime soon.

/me waves to clown at work :D
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

http://antiche.at is r1ch's and it's mod free related info.
http://anticheat.aq2world.com is aq2 mod related AC info only. This should be on the front page of aq2w..
There was a forum regarding only AC, with little use and so i asked a long time ago for den to merge it with this one. Makes perfect sense.
I've god as my lollipop
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

There's a lot of things that need to be put on the first page. It will happen one day :)
I don't give a shit.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Would it be that hard to give rich access to the aq2w link page thingy? and move the stuff? Having two pages is a waste of time, would rich want to move? I guess only rich knows...
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Not with current administration :sleep:
^stric^
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

fuct wrote:Would it be that hard to give rich access to the aq2w link page thingy? and move the stuff? Having two pages is a waste of time, would rich want to move? I guess only rich knows...
R1CH isn't making the anticheat just for AQ2 though, is he?
I don't give a shit.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Yea I know, but use the aq2w link as a base instead of the other one? I dono, just random ideas really.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Why would he use the AQ2World domain when he isn't making the anticheat just for AQ2?
I don't give a shit.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

fuct wrote:I dono, just random ideas really.
Random ideas better than no ideas :)
Deacsie
is connecting

Post by Deacsie »

Ya man, Force it i say also.

And for all the cheaters.
I couldent possibly understand why u play a game everyday like it was day 1 everytime you sat down on the chair starting that game with cheats. Because u will always be mr Nobody. Its all about Skillz and skillz you will never get by using that shit so i dont really get it.

Its really nice to see that someone are working with some new anticheat stuffs, I hope you will uptate it more then the others. Good work.!