Unable To Run Quake2/AQ2

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

ToMaTo
is connecting

Unable To Run Quake2/AQ2

Post by ToMaTo »

I have most of the clients normal quake 2/aprquake & R1Q2. I'm unable to run quake2 or quake3 unless I run it on Software Mode. Running it in OPEN GL forces the program to crash. I came to the conclusion it was either Mobo or Vid Card related. My vid card is a 7600GS and my mobo is a nvidia albatron nforce4 or something. I've tried latest drivers, I've also tried rolling back to previous versions. All have failed. The only way I had Quake2 working on this computer before was when I installed the drivers from the CD's itself. But when I shifted house, I lost all of those CD's, so I figured I could get them from the websites, how wrong was I.

My question is, well if anyone knows a fix for this, please help! But more importanlty is there any kinda other drivers quake2 can use to run, maybe something more directx related, as I can run directX programs.

Cheers if you can help,
Tomato.
aaa
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

Yeah seems like OpenGL is fucked.. Try omega drivers http://www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia.php or some of the most popular ones found at www.guru3d.com (check which are most downloaded, most of them are beta drivers, but they work sometimes even better than the WHQL ones)
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

You might be having monitor issues. That is, invalid refresh rates and frequencies.
Try editing the config file to run q2 in the same resolution your desktop is. Dunno, I might be wrong, but I remember it happened a couple of times to me and after some config edits and Refresh Lock frequencies management it worked.
Ne quid nimis.
ToMaTo
is connecting

Post by ToMaTo »

thanks for your replies guys. i'll try what you have said.
aaa
ToMaTo
is connecting

Post by ToMaTo »

no luck guys.
aaa
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

Do you get a error message?
Or does it just crash, with no message of all kinds?
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok