New AQ2 Stats Website

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Kickboy
is connecting

New AQ2 Stats Website

Post by Kickboy »

Hey guys, I'm just here to let you in on a new AQ2 Stats website. I've been working on this site with PaTMaN for a couple months. We're now ready to begin some real-world testing. At the moment we've only got a few servers in the list. I'm hoping to expand that so we can find and fix bugs in the system. So if you run a aq2 server, please add it to our list.

Please note this site is still in the experimental stages, and it's not running on the best server in the world. Please let me know if you guys have any questions, suggestions, or issues regarding this website.

- Kickboy

AQ2Stats.com
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Meh. I guess we need to trust you enough with lrcon then...
Good luck with your site. I would like to see you work towards something like this - http://bf2s.com/player/43343182/
Now I know the Quake 2 system isn't as detailed, but what ARE you able to do with it? Are FPM and map changes the only thing we can monitor?
Kickboy
is connecting

Post by Kickboy »

Clown wrote:Meh. I guess we need to trust you enough with lrcon then...
Good luck with your site. I would like to see you work towards something like this - http://bf2s.com/player/43343182/
Now I know the Quake 2 system isn't as detailed, but what ARE you able to do with it? Are FPM and map changes the only thing we can monitor?
Unfortunetly, yeah. I have considered doing more detailed stats similar to the link you posted, but that would require us to make a modification for the AQ2 Servers. If we did this, we wouldn't be able to include as many servers as we would like. Quake2 doesn't really give us much data to work with, so I think it's cool we were able to get the data we have.

There are more stats coming, though. ;)