AQ2 Help

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Raddon
is connecting

AQ2 Help

Post by Raddon »

Hey all,

Recently downloaded various versions of AQ2

- A Standalone Version
- Used my Quake 2 and got the File mentioned on Telefrag
- LTKTBM Beta 7 (can't find 1.9 as of yet :P)

Anyway, Problems are as follows;

Standalone only has 3 maps labelled DEMO 1, 2 and 3... which don't load. Saying file not found, I'm guessing i need to supply my own maps. Even though there are a good 20 - 30 in the maps directory O_O

Mod for Quake 2 works fine, got Quake2Max aswell although game is unstable most of the time. Problem is only maps i can see are the Quake 2 missions (Is this supposed to be a Q2 Coop mod also using Guns skins? and DM/TDM) i loaded the UberPAK inbto the directory but still no change to the maps, only Quake ones :(

LTKTBM, This has some awesome maps in it but no map folder, i tried loading a .bsp map into a map folder i created. Didn't pick it up

I guess my Question is this. What version do you recommend and how do you install maps to show when selecting map in 'create server'?

Thanks in Advance for you replies, this game is serious pwnage once configured properly ;)

Cheers,
Radd
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

First you have to run it properly. If you're using original quake.exe, you have to change to action mod by typing game action in the console. You could also get a proper aq2 client, like AprQ2 - then run aq2.exe.
From there on maps should load. Those you have to put in quake2/action/maps folder, or simply extract to quake2/action if you got a zip package. If maps are in a pak, put it in quake2/action folder and name the pak as the highest number of all paks you got in there.

Probably much easier way for you would be this though.
Raddon
is connecting

Post by Raddon »

Yeah i created a batch file

Is this AprQ2 just modified textures, the 16-bit version?

tbh 16-bit looks better :P

Thanks for the feedback man
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Its a far newer and infinately better client, it has nothing to do with the 32 bit textures (except it can use em and vanilla cant? i dono). Get apr.
Raddon
is connecting

Post by Raddon »

Yeah ArQ2 works like a charm, Cheers

Still not sure why the original Mod doesn't pick up new maps O_o

Just another question to be a pain in the ass :P

I was just wondering what the preferred bot was? I have used both the bots that are with LTKTBM version of AQ2 with the "sv addbot" command and the LTK v2 BETA bots , which for some weird reason create a new directory with maps and configs when the Action folders is perfectly fine :?

I have also heard of William's AQ2 : CGF Bot which i am unable to track down.

Cheers