Cliff2; After Eruption. [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Vermin
plummets to its death

Cliff2; After Eruption. [NEW MAP]

Post by Vermin »

Alrighty then, about half a year after the idea was presented it's finally ready. The project was started somewhere around january or february of this year after some crazy talk while, well, being not so sober. So in a nutshell it's a new version of cliff2, which I hope would be even less merciful than the original. We got the permission from cliff2's author Ace12GA almost immediately, but it took 2-3 months before we got our hands on his original cliff2.map file, from where I started to make the modifications. So big thanks for Ace12GA.

You really can't find that much of anything old from this map, all the textures and sounds have been acquired from sites offering them for free and most of them are modified at least to some extent. So I presume that you play it with the .jpg and .png textures even though I actually used some effort in making the .wal textures this time.

Thanks to MarlPoro for the idea, testing and the graphics of the signs. Oh and we shall see if there will be an alternative .wav file for one of the sound clips of this map in the future.

Screenshots:

And the map you can acquire from the following link, at least until it has been added to some bigger sites:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/pauli.idman/aq2/cliff2ae.rar
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

:D the map is really cool
too bad u can't fall in water
u don't like campers do u?
u eliminated the camping places...=D
well done
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

awesome design
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Wow, finally a cliff I would freely vote for.
Great idea and very good work, the textures are lovely and all the changes are just great. Laughed my ass off with nasse and the burning spot on the top is also a very nice detail.
Looking forward to play on the first server willing to put it in the rotation.
Congratulations to you both and praise the finnish beer and vodka and whatever you also drank in that imaginative night.
Ne quid nimis.
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

With those skins for normal c2, i could actually see the orange guys :o
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
stan0x
killed itself
In-game Name: stan0x
Operating System: Windows 7, linux
Processor model/speed: i7 2600K
Memory: 16GB DRR3
Hard drive: 1 x 240GB SSD 5 x 2 TB
Graphics card: GTX470
Monitor: LG
Mouse: MX
Keyboard: Steelseries G7

Post by stan0x »

ya very cool map men....

delete the old cliff2 and bring up the new one. !!!!!
#clan.fubar #narf #heks #aq2world
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

Holy shit this looks nice!
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

the fact that its just a c2 modification makes the map kinda boring, the only thing that really makes it interresting is the lava, i prefer the original c2.

anyway i like the textures and what you've done with the lifthouses.
and that nasse what is it?, the little scared pig Piglet in winnie the pooh is called Nasse in swedish...
bail{UNi}
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

He's called Nasse in norwegian too, but I don't think that little piece of bacon would do anything harmfull, to anyone :<
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

Well sometimes irl we refer to McCree as Nasse. I'm not exactly sure from where he caught that one onto himself but at least Piglet from winnie the pooh isn't called that here in Finland, we call him Nasu. The only other Nasse that I know in Finnish is Nasse-setä
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Could someone compile a .rar for me that I can install and get these textures on c2 ? :) (Not the water)
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

from now on the vicious nasse in cliff2ae is piglet from winnie the pooh for me 8)
bail{UNi}
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

havent played the map, but it looks nice. However much like bail said (if it was bail). Kinda looks like a crappy c2 when it comes to gameplay;) my first impression from the screens was "arr, lets make ac2 were no pesky snipers can pick me off..m4s are so underpowered at the usual c2!" ;)

But as i said, it looks fun anyhow, and im just basing my comments on these few screens as im yet to play the map. soooo.. just some jibberish comments

nice textures though :) and seems to be easier to get out of sucky spawn now, which is a huge help for crappy jumper such as i

i would love to see some post-apocalyptic versions of other popular(fu minch, c2 IS popular) maps as well :).
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
z0
plummets to its death

Post by z0 »

3 things i really liked bout this map but the rest of it, i would say stick with old c2.

+sucky spawn
+box/small sign at lower cliff spawn (nasse, ggrrr :)
+ladder at one sniper place

-signs (how do they fit in there?)
-cablecar cable (added sign to make it up but think its an too easy way, wouldnt mind to remove car thou.)
-lava/water, water is a big factor to c2 gameplay, accourding to me
-sniper places (if there will be cws at this maps ssg wont be a highly used weapon, its already tough as it is)

otherwise, nice textures, and great that u still do aq stuff :) keep the spirit alive
peaz