gl_picmip at catch with AC (AntiCheat)

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Jabu
was flattened

Post by Jabu »

Ac doesnt work with ateq2 client? i downloaded every ac stuff from the website but still i couldnt enter the server. I tried again with orginal r1q2 client and then i finally get in the server. But r1q2 mouse acceleration fix didnt work anymore so it was quite fucked up match :P It would be perfect if someone could fix teh anticheat work with Ateq2 <3

I know this wasnt quite related to topic so yes I play with picmip "2" so the textures are just slight smoother, i think it should be limited to "3" like gl_modulate. :)
S3ci0r
tried to put the pin back in

Post by S3ci0r »

gl_picmip 1
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

@Evilcina: q3based game
@Jabu: Ateq2 isnt support cause author of that client isnt interested doing that.

Also try setting gl_texturemode "GL_NEAREST" or GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST + gl_picmip 2
^stric^
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

I'd keep picmip limited to 0 but hey, it's just me... I would also lock all the skies on the maps so ppl couldn't change them. Are those two cheating in my opinion? Yes. Do I care much if ppl use those methods? Not really.

Not getting enough fps without picmip sounds kinda made up. Sure if you have this problem for real then IMO you should be finding the cause for this, not bitching about the setting being limited.

Hmm, managed to sound so negative without even trying when that wasn't what I had in mind. Well just don't read this post with too serious attitude and you'll be fine :)