SajhCo feedback: Kicking =A=

SajhCo Cup

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

sajh
is legless

SajhCo feedback: Kicking =A=

Post by sajh »

Situation:
scorni lowered his maxfps for the sole purpose of being able to run at full speed even though being legged.
Result:
Zero tolerance on cheating resulted in =A= getting kicked from the tournament and F1 moved to the next step of the cup.
Reasoning:
=A= motivated using this script/exploit/whathaveyou by it being a simple setting and that he only used it for the one round that F1 noticed it. But removing the result of legdamage without bandaging is a cheat in my eyes. And only claiming to use a cheat in 1 round isnt much of a motive not to have it count.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

ofcourse its a cheat and they should be treated as any other cheater, kicking them out from sajhco may prevent future cheating.
bail{UNi}
herty
plummets to its death

Post by herty »

I think admins made the correct move although this isn't as severe cheating as using a wallhack or something. Anyway, in my opinion it's cheating to set maxfps so low when you're leg damaged.

Kind of "must win"-attitude to use that kind of shit (and have a bind to set maxfps=10?). It can't be the first time Scorni did it. I voted yes.

But after all, it's United's fault.
Last edited by herty on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Whats the point of leg damage in AQ2?
hm, to run away asap or beeing slowed down?

Hm, hard eh?

:D
^stric^
Pe0n
was flattened

Post by Pe0n »

Always the .fi!
Deacsie
is connecting

Post by Deacsie »

=A= motivated using this script/exploit/whathaveyou by it being a simple setting and that he only used it for the one round that F1 noticed it. But removing the result of legdamage without bandaging is a cheat in my eyes. And only claiming to use a cheat in 1 round isnt much of a motive not to have it count.
Hmmm. its like this yezsh

Fuck i got legdmg i wonder if i take like maxfps 10 it just might go away!!!!
OMGZOR LOLZ it works but i just use it this one time.

I bet my balls that that wasnt the first time. BLAME 2xfi!
skmz
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by skmz »

Deacsie wrote:
Hmmm. its like this yezsh

Fuck i got legdmg i wonder if i take like maxfps 10 it just might go away!!!!
OMGZOR LOLZ it works but i just use it this one time.

I bet my balls that that wasnt the first time. BLAME 2xfi!
What he said, haha.
PENSIONERAD cat
#AMF @ IRLNet - AMFpension.se[/b]
ZooL
is connecting

Post by ZooL »

about topic
Cheat as hell.
I would even consider a ban, that is such annoying thing, I can understand a bandage bug, that is annoying, but someone acctually use this on a cw (even worse, a cup-game) is really banable!

I see no different using m4-script then this cheat, both is a must-win which really are destroying the game for others, if you are shot in the leg, then you dont run, simple as that.

Now it have come to my attention that some people in Srs is using the same script to avoid leg-damage, when they should have it, due to falling damage (I don´t know if they used it in any cupgame or even cw).
I think that aswell is a cheat, damn, can´t people just play the game it was supposed to be played ?

Is there any reason why there shouldn´t be a possibility not to allow changing fps, I know some people use that for making jumps (for some reason some special fps-setting makes you succeed your jumping much more often).

I don´t know, but I really feel sorry for those who uses this cheat, you really ruin the game for the last of us who play the game.
Get some skills and use the pistol
AMATOR
wLs
joined the game

Post by wLs »

Pe0n wrote:Always the .fi!
hey bro, Thats propably because 80% of active players are finnish, or could be even more.. Dunno if the cheating was a "joke" but cheating is cheating. I vote for kick.
w/ petepappa
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

it might be a 'soft' cheat but it's still a cheat, and to happen in a cup game makes it even worse..
L0ki

Post by L0ki »

But removing the result of legdamage without bandaging is a cheat in my eyes.
That's the point and I agree. *backing the decision*
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

ZooL wrote:about topic
Is there any reason why there shouldn't be a possibility not to allow changing fps...
On any half-decent server the FPS can't go below ~30.
But as hearty wrote:...after all, it's United...
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge... ...and some just gargle...
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

cheat ofc.
Dum Spiro Spero
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Sad piece of fiiishitz, cheating like this can be considered just as bad as having a wallhack. As if the game is soooooo complicated that you need stuff like that to gain an upperhand.

But hey, I understand you scorni! The pressure of prestige is like so hard on you people, a day not ran with legdamage is a day not lived aye! I bet Alieni told you about it!
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
IBA

Post by IBA »

well, haui set a min fps to his server years ago...
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de