New Rules

Here you can look up the old topics of the ESAQL and the Nations Cup.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurupt
:I

New Rules

Post by Kurupt »

Deimos wrote:We changed some of the rules since there were a lot of questions and problems during the last few weeks.

You can find the new rules and the server settings at

Rules:

http://eaql.aq2world.net/rules.html

Server Settings:

http://eaql.aq2world.net/settings.html

To get the link in our IRC channel #eaql type:

rules??

settings??

If you've got any questions or suggestions, please contact me through e-mail or post a new topic in our EAQL Forums.

Since we're not allowed to post comments in the news topic I made this one. Looks like finally someone is trying to make some decent rules... I guess. I didn't read it all, but just some things I noticed.

• The cup is organised by two head admins who are responsible for enforcing the rules, scheduling matches that aren't scheduled on time by the teams, and recruiting and coaching match admins.

Don't you have three head admins?
  • A playoff match is played on 2 maps. Both clans select a map from their maplist before the start of the match and inform the match admin. In case of a draw after 2 maps both teams will get 1 point.

You get points in a playoff match? I thought it was some kind of cup style as you see in the fixtures on the EAQL website. So what if both clans get a point, which one will advance to the next round?
  • Actcity2, Airport, Beer, City, Cliff2, Cloud, Deepcanyon, Jungle1, Mesto, Murder, Pier, Riot, Rok, Sludge1, Teamdepo, Teamjungle, Urban, Urban2, Urban3 and Urban4. (and some more, we have to find out wich one, a few allready: aqnitro, tokyo). For this list we used the 40 most popular maps according to the CLQ at this moment.

I guess you know the maplist by now. All the signed up clans got their own maplist of three maps which are all valid I guess. Can't you just put the picked maps there then or sort it out. The CLQ is dead for some weeks now.
  • If a clan get's caught using a voice communication program, they will get a default loss for the current match. When caught twice the clan will be banned from this season.

How can you catch a clan using a voice communication program. Isthere really a way you can prove such thing?
  • Also limchasecam always has to be on, set to 2, on the servers.

What's the use of limchasecam if voice communication programs aren't allowed. I thought the point of this setting was that the dead players of a clan can't locate the enemy position and tell it the player(s) that are still alive.

Oh and one more thing. Can't you just update the news / rules on the website instead of all these different links (a link for the website, a link for the news, a link for the rules, a link for the settings). It would be better to have all the information on one central place I guess...

This was just what came up in my mind at the moment, maybe others saw some other things. Good luck guys.
*hali*
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

The cup is organised by two head admins who are responsible for enforcing the rules, scheduling matches that aren't scheduled on time by the teams, and recruiting and coaching match admins.

Don't you have three head admins?

Well to be honest, you're right, we've got 3 head admins :) namely: Deimos, Morpher and Mysteryman.

A playoff match is played on 2 maps. Both clans select a map from their maplist before the start of the match and inform the match admin. In case of a draw after 2 maps both teams will get 1 point.

You get points in a playoff match? I thought it was some kind of cup style as you see in the fixtures on the EAQL website. So what if both clans get a point, which one will advance to the next round?

You can see the points in the rankings section, here we write down all the points clans gathered. The clan with the most points of one group is #1 of that group

Actcity2, Airport, Beer, City, Cliff2, Cloud, Deepcanyon, Jungle1, Mesto, Murder, Pier, Riot, Rok, Sludge1, Teamdepo, Teamjungle, Urban, Urban2, Urban3 and Urban4. (and some more, we have to find out wich one, a few allready: aqnitro, tokyo). For this list we used the 40 most popular maps according to the CLQ at this moment.

I guess you know the maplist by now. All the signed up clans got their own maplist of three maps which are all valid I guess. Can't you just put the picked maps there then or sort it out. The CLQ is dead for some weeks now.

That's true, but now all the clans signed up, does that mean we have to give up our maplist. This is a general maplist of maps allowed in the EAQL, we are aware of the CLQ being dead. Though this does not mean we didn't get the list from them.

If a clan get's caught using a voice communication program, they will get a default loss for the current match. When caught twice the clan will be banned from this season.

How can you catch a clan using a voice communication program. Is there really a way you can prove such thing?

You can see them talk about it or what so ever, we know that it's hard to see when a clan is using it, but if we see it, we can catch them.

Also limchasecam always has to be on, set to 2, on the servers.

What's the use of limchasecam if voice communication programs aren't allowed. I thought the point of this setting was that the dead players of a clan can't locate the enemy position and tell it the player(s) that are still alive.

If you can't use a voice communication program, that doesn't mean you can't communicate, besides that, because we can't be sure ppl won't use a voice communication, and some other communication programs (IRC) we have this setting.

Oh and one more thing. Can't you just update the news / rules on the website instead of all these different links (a link for the website, a link for the news, a link for the rules, a link for the settings). It would be better to have all the information on one central place I guess...

I thought you were aware of the problems we lately have with our host, www.aq2world.net so we tried to host it elsewhere, though since mysteryman is the only one who can currently login there, I uploaded these rules and settings to http://eaql.aq2world.net

I hope you got your answers :)
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Why is this gameing league the only gaming league to disallow voice comms?
I don't give a shit.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Only a few ammount of clans are able to use voice communication programs, not all clans have servers that are capable of hosting voice communication services.

Now they could host it at one of the players computer, but then he will recieve lag in return for this.

So in fact, I think it's unfair because clans that have money/sponsors, can use it and regular aq2 clans that only play, but don't have a thing, can't use it.

If I'm wrong I'm always willing to admit it, and if you can proof it, we're willing to change this rule.
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

A playoff match is played on 2 maps. Both clans select a map from their maplist before the start of the match and inform the match admin. In case of a draw after 2 maps both teams will get 1 point.

You can see the points in the rankings section, here we write down all the points clans gathered. The clan with the most points of one group is #1 of that group

Erm i think Kurupt's point is. By the time u get to the playoffs there will not be any groups left. So u can't determine by this ranking if a clan has more points.

You will have to play another map/or some more rounds. What i like in the current sense of aq2 turnaus is to play best of 5 on cloud. I don't want to say you have to do this but its just a suggestion.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

You 2 got a point there, I seem to have missunderstood Kurupt in the first place :).. I'll change it right away.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Eh yea I was talking about the playoffs. About the map list, I don't know or you can count :roll: , but you listed 22 maps. I guess the first 20 are from the CLQ and 2 extra so :OwN: and some Portugese clan would sign up. I actually liked it as you explained in the rules:

Since this is a league for every clan in Europe, it's important that we use the most popular maps only. We want this league to be as fair as possible for every clan. There are maps which are only popular in certain regions of Europe and thus isn't a popular map in every country of Europe.

But you might better remove it because you don't follow it. After day 1 you added those 2 maps and after 2 days you had a complete new maplist (on a different page again). If that's the maplist you guys follow why don't you just add that one in the rules. Especially because (most) clans picked their three maps from those 22 maps, while others just picked maps not listed in your rules page like Plaza3, Wargroun, Gap etc.

Now about the voice communication programs. Do you really think people will talk about it now they know it's not allowed??

Only a few ammount of clans are able to use voice communication programs, not all clans have servers that are capable of hosting voice communication services. Now they could host it at one of the players computer, but then he will recieve lag in return for this.

So in fact, I think it's unfair because clans that have money/sponsors, can use it and regular aq2 clans that only play, but don't have a thing, can't use it.

But if I'm right, everyone can host a server. If Clowneh asks me to host a Teamspeak server for him I wouldn't mind doing it. This means he doesn't need a "sponsor" or money and no player will lag. Every clan can do it like that, right?

Oh and about the limchasecam, I guess you're right, but it's just annoying I can't see the enemy playing when they kill me with their cheats 8)
*hali*
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Now about the voice communication programs. Do you really think people will talk about it now they know it's not allowed??

Quote:

Only a few ammount of clans are able to use voice communication programs, not all clans have servers that are capable of hosting voice communication services. Now they could host it at one of the players computer, but then he will recieve lag in return for this.

But if I'm right, everyone can host a server. If Clowneh asks me to host a Teamspeak server for him I wouldn't mind doing it. This means he doesn't need a "sponsor" or money and no player will lag. Every clan can do it like that, right?

Oh and about the limchasecam, I guess you're right, but it's just annoying I can't see the enemy playing when they kill me with their cheats

I don't think they will talk about it. You're right when it comes to hosting a a Teamspeak server though. I will discuss this with mysteryman, if he agrees with this, we will allow it, but no approval yet...

As for the txt about the maplist, you're right, though I wouldn't have a clue where to find that updated maplist. :)
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

C&C is a regular clan. We use public TS servers. They are all listed in the servers page. Tell me one clan with a majority of players that aren't ADSL/Cable connected... Just remember how much bandwidth it takes to be a client of Q2 and TS. We have a guy on ISDN in my BF1942 clan (which most definitley does use more bandwidth than Q2) and he uses TS.

The reason for your voice comms ruling is unjust. It's almost like punshing people for having broadband. The only way you are going to get round 'money' issues is to have everyone play on a LAN. Then the issue about 'unfairness' will truly be solved.
I don't give a shit.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

If you can't use a voice communication program, that doesn't mean you can't communicate, besides that, because we can't be sure ppl won't use a voice communication, and some other communication programs (IRC) we have this setting.

I would like to see people communicating in aq2 via IRC.

"Hmmm, I wonder where he could be? HEY! Wherever you are, don't shoot me I'm about to tab down and check my IRC to se if my teammates has written your location." A bit later.... "Thanks for waiting, now I know where you were 30 seconds ago."

The other alternative might be to play aq2 windowed, but I hope nobody plays aq2 windowed on a cw :|

as for voice commnication overall, read my post in the beloved cheat forum.
fell in love with the game
MysteryMan
plummets to its death

Post by MysteryMan »

MysteryMan
Founder of AQ2admins
Http://mysteryman.z0r.nl/aq2/
Dennus
joined the game

Post by Dennus »

You know how hard it is to update a website :P when only 2 or 3 ppl got acces to the page. First EAQL was that better.
Tlx
joined the game

Post by Tlx »

Hmm. I don't know is this the right place for this post, and I didn't want to make a new thread for this. :)

But...

In the match last weekend (The Ankat [TA] vs. Ikke No iN. The match started 3on3 (if I remember right.). We could have played 4on3, but we decided it would be more sports to play with the same amount of players. We just kicked their asses in mesto, and when it was played 13 mins, the situation was 16-4 (if I remember right again...) and iN-players left the server. Then both clans gets a loss... Ehm? :)

At least we haven't yet lost a match during EAQL, and still http://mysteryman.z0r.nl/eaql/eaql/rankings.html says that we have lost one match.
Tlx'sC
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Yeah, that sounds dodgy... If that happened how you said that happened then it doesn't seem fair.
I don't give a shit.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

By Dennus:

You know how hard it is to update a website :P when only 2 or 3 ppl got acces to the page. First EAQL was that better.

Only one guy has access to the webby :)[/quote]