Sunday cup! masters of eyecandy

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

demok
is connecting

Sunday cup! masters of eyecandy

Post by demok »

MASTERS OF EYECANDY
4on4 CUP

We have made a small cup for 8 teams, all matches will be played Sunday April 13th and the signup is now open.

Read the rules at http://www.eyecandy.nu/moe BEFORE signing up.

All matches will be played at eyecandy servers with forced AC. If you dont have it couse of lag or whatever your reason is, dont bother signing up.
If you got high ping at eyecandy, same there dont bother. Its just 8 spots and I think we can fill it up anyway.
If we get more than 8 clans, we will give priority to clans which is more reliable and been up for a long time, and ofc less whine bigger chance.

maplist: rok, riot, urban2, beach, sandstorm, industrial.

admins: demok, lektyr, aibou. Could be found on irc #eyeCandy

Sign-up form: http://www.eyecandy.nu/moe/signup.php?addclan
DONT FORGET TO READ RULES BEFORE SIGNING UP
Jvv
is connecting

Post by Jvv »

Nice. :-)
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Go for it m8. I see better chance in this kind of CUP than 3 months Zz ones. :D
^stric^
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Great idea indeed, but some of the rules aren't really scene friendly :) I'm sure you won't have problems filling those 8 spots, but to limit the whole thing to only one server, which isn't really the best around, is quite... unfair. I don't mind such small map pool either, but I know many players do. Just trying to tell you that such cup with such rules would be much more successful few years ago where selection was a lot bigger.
Good luck and keep it up!
sanity
was in the wrong place

Post by sanity »

I think this is a great idea, because the scene is so stubborn you have to force them, tell them "take it or leave it" if anything is going to work out.

The forced eyecandy server rule might perhaps be alittle odd but still, one should be sick and tired of the scenes behavior in cups, have there been even a single one of them cups that has worked out without whine/misc problems? The idea of all games being played on the same day is brilliant, this will hopefully drastically decrease the dropouts&slowdowns.

I just hope the admins will stick with their "take it or leave it" attitude and not change the rules cause of popular demands, because, let's face it, the scene sucks in all possible perspectives.

I'm waiting for the dummies who instead of ignoring this cup, 'cause they don't agree with the setup of rules, they will go and trash the rules through several angles. bring it.
demok
is connecting

Post by demok »

AssKick3r wrote:Great idea indeed, but some of the rules aren't really scene friendly :) I'm sure you won't have problems filling those 8 spots, but to limit the whole thing to only one server, which isn't really the best around, is quite... unfair. I don't mind such small map pool either, but I know many players do. Just trying to tell you that such cup with such rules would be much more successful few years ago where selection was a lot bigger.
Good luck and keep it up!
At first, its just unfair to thoose who dont got low ping at eyecandy servers. :P

The thing is to try to strain off some of the unclean/cheating players/clans or just the ones who absolutetly is against AC, I cant see a reason why not having it as some do. I dont got that access to the other servers in scene so I can put them to force AC.

Im new at this, havent been admin for this kind of stuffs in my life so I thought that 1 little cup for 8 people could get me in to it a little bit more. Maybe in future I can get along with some other server owners and make a bigger cup with more servers, but for now its just take it or leave it ;)

The map pool is 6 times bigger than sajhco had..
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

forced servers are nice ihmo, i initially went for that in sajhco, but got killed by ze whine and expanded the server pool.

The best leagues/cup are the ones which need no admining and to do that you need to eliminate whine sources such as serverwhine and mapwhine :).

good luck with ze cup:)
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

bold decision about the maps.
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
Misse
sank like a rock

Post by Misse »

yes.
its really a bold decision!
legalisera mera<br />
and yes im gangsta.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Let's just hope it's not an italic, or, even worse,

Code: Select all

coded
decision!
Ne quid nimis.
demok
is connecting

Post by demok »

seems like this thread is going the wrong way now..

anyway SIGNUP CLOSED

The draw should be made in the upcoming days and they should arrive at the homepage as soon as possible.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

And then wait 2 weeks for it to happen. That gap is just too big for aq2, you know it :)
demok
is connecting

Post by demok »

we decided date before we started to make the page and rules :P well next cup will be closer ;D

anyway, draw is done and this is the outcome -> http://www.eyecandy.nu/moe/

listed clans and players are -> http://www.eyecandy.nu/moe/clans.php
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

Caracol wrote:Let's just hope it's not an italic, or, even worse,

Code: Select all

coded
decision!
It wasn`t. We were just underlining the possibilities.
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I see the cup's been successful! Only two walkovers, one of which is against iN - not surprising :) - and the other one in a match for third place, pA! were probably too bitter to play it..
One day cup seems a better choice than those several weeks ones, but there's always a risk with dodgy clans.