#rapidcup tournament / cup

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

JuM8o
joined the game

#rapidcup tournament / cup

Post by JuM8o »

Yeah, I decided to bring up new AQ2 cup / tournament so here we are . Below you can read the rules of this cup, text is straightly copied from our homepage http://rapidcup.fat.arkku.net/ . Mostly this cup is made for .fi people as you can see from server choices, but I still inform too you foreingers about this upcoming event. If you feel like participating in this cup then post following info about your team to this topic. If you have something to ask then just connect to our irc-channel #rapidcup @ qnet.

Clantag:
Clanname:
Members:
Homepages:
Contact persons:
IRC channel:
Homemaps (choose 4):

RULES and yes, read them if you are going to participate in this event
  • General rules
    - This cup will be played using a 16-teams single elimination system.
    - Participating teams will be chosen from the group of registered teams on the grounds of activity and current skill level.
    - In case that after first two maps map wins are 1-1 then team which have most rounds will choose third map from tiebreaker map pool.
    - Tiebreaker pool: cloud, industrial, plaza, riot, rok, urban, urban2, rexro, wfall.
    - Tiebreaker map will never be either of two already played maps.
    - male/ctf_r and male/ctf_b skins allowed, hometeam choses their skin first( in tiebreaker case team which chose the map will choose their skin first ).
    - dmflags "768"
    - roundtimelimit "2"
    - timelimit "0"
    - roundlimit "15"
    - limchasecam "2" - sv_strafejump_hack "1"
    Maps
    - Every clan must choose four (4) maps which they will play as homemaps in this tournament, one map can be played only once so for example if you win the cup, you will play all of those four maps you chosed as your homemaps.
    - The playing order of the maps must be set before the clan can start playing games in this tournament ( Map order can be decided after releasing cup table ).
    - There are no map pool, so every clan can chose their maps freely ( still maps like credits arent allowed ).

Servers
    - Both maps always at clanunited or unimatrix, but if both clans want to play somewhere else its possible too..
    - Allowed servers:
    clanunited.org - clanserver #1 (137.163.30.131:27910)
    clanunited.org - clanserver #2 (137.163.30.131:27920)
    clanunited.org - clanserver #3 (137.163.30.133:27910)
    clanunited.org - clanserver #4 (137.163.30.130:27920)
    clanunited.org - clanserver #5 (137.163.30.131:27930)
    Unimatrix01 Private (217.112.240.36:27910)
    Unimatrix01 clanserver #1 (217.112.240.36:27920)
    Unimatrix01 clanserver #2 (217.112.240.36:27930)

Players
    - A player who has been a part of a lineup in a clan which has been active in rapidcup, may NOT participate with any other rapidcup clan.
    - Every player must use their own/real nick in matches, so use the name which is reported at clan's member list.
    - Every player must record when playing rapidcup match ( command to use recording is record "demoname" or cl_autorecord "1" to your config )
    - All of the recorded demos must be sent to demoadmins.
    - Rcon owner is permitted to stuff screenshots with his rcon ( max two screenshots per player for one map ).

Scheduling

- For every match there are schedule given, it's always 5 days long, if match isn't played in that time admins will decide if they deserve more time for arranging game.
    - Matches are to play 4on4 only, unless both clans agree for more players.

Cheats
    Following are considered as cheats:
    - Wallhack
    - Aimbot
    - Spikes
    - Modiflied steps

MM3

- Usage of mm3 allowed
    - If mm3 used spectators must join to teams, otherwise they deserve kick from the server.
    - limchasecam 2

Cup Awards
    - Currently none, if the movie about the cup isnt counted as one.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Too bad you aren't giving any other fair server choices for non-finnish players. At this point scene should be more united than ever but I guess that's not really anyone's goal anymore.
Misse
sank like a rock

Post by Misse »

flied lice anyone?
allow more servers, and some clans might sign up.
legalisera mera<br />
and yes im gangsta.
JuM8o
joined the game

Post by JuM8o »

Misse wrote:flied lice anyone?
allow more servers, and some clans might sign up.
I am not allowing servers which got acforced option, cuz there are some players who cant play @ these servers because anticheat crashes their quake. If these servers wouldnt have this "ac-forced" option enabled I would add them to the serverlist. Personally anticheat is working fine on my quake and it's not problem to me, but some players just cant get it working with their computers.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

I want proof they cant get it working. Seems suspicious to me.
JuM8o
joined the game

Post by JuM8o »

fuct wrote:I want proof they cant get it working. Seems suspicious to me.
yeah, what u need for proof, it just gives message "Quake 2 dont response" error and closes the game :p Anyway, everybody are forced to record and send their demos to demoadmins so who even cares about anticheat?
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

Uh, where is AC actually forced?

About v3 servers:
skmz wrote:Servers are connected to the anticheat server, linked with Q2admin and their global banlist. The servers are shown in z0r.nl, stats are available, and you can see it when searching for empty cw servers. Anticheat is set to optional.
I also removed anticheat.dll for a while and connected to some servers being able to enter the following:

Code: Select all

Catch-Gamer.no AQ2 #2 Matchmode 1 - 193.69.8.154:27920
eyeCandy cw #1 - 89.233.205.64:27910
eyeCandy cw #2 - 89.233.205.64:27920
Death Angels-Dawn - 84.200.250.5:27910
Last Resort (.de) 1 - cw - 88.198.14.107:27910
So, how about adding them?
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

JuM8o wrote:
fuct wrote:I want proof they cant get it working. Seems suspicious to me.
yeah, what u need for proof, it just gives message "Quake 2 dont response" error and closes the game :p Anyway, everybody are forced to record and send their demos to demoadmins so who even cares about anticheat?
I wanna say all the non-fins, but we are so few.. :(

Anyway, I really can't see the problem people claim they have with anticheat, if anticheat crashes your aq2, (which in that case is probably an old version) can't you just download a new aq2 and play fair?
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
JuM8o
joined the game

Post by JuM8o »

I checked situation and it seems that anticheat is nowadays optional @ those servers, so il add these of them to the allowed servers list:
Catch-Gamer.no AQ2 #2 Matchmode 1 - 193.69.8.154:27920
eyeCandy cw #1 - 89.233.205.64:27910
eyeCandy cw #2 - 89.233.205.64:27920

Those two other servers are not even normal servers if i have got right information and at least I got fucking awful pl @ them.
S3ci0r
tried to put the pin back in

Post by S3ci0r »

JuM8o wrote:I checked situation and it seems that anticheat is nowadays optional @ those servers...
You can come #q2admin and ask if we could temporarily change AC to optional or give exception for the tournament/cup match duration.
AC required servers:
Catch-Gamer.no AQ2 #3 Matchmode 2 AC - aq2.catchgamer.no:27921
Catch-Gamer.no AQ2 #4 Matchmode 3 AC - aq2.catchgamer.no:27923

Also swedish servers (ac optional):
Tixit.SE - AQ2 Matchmode #1 - 217.78.29.231:27910
Tixit.SE - AQ2 Matchmode #2 - 217.78.29.231:27920

http://q2admin.net/index.php?i=s - all servers listed there are connected to Q2Admin database.
JuM8o wrote:Those two other servers are not even normal servers if i have got right information and at least I got fucking awful pl @ them.
You got fucked up isp that's why pl @ foreign servers.

You should add to cheating section modified player skins. If you don't do that skins picking won't have any sense cause opponents may switch between blue/red red/blue or just use bright/dark colored skins which is some kind of disadvantage for the second team.
JuM8o
joined the game

Post by JuM8o »

S3ci0r wrote:You got fucked up isp that's why pl @ foreign servers.
I am not the only one who is having packet loss at those shitty servers.. :|
S3ci0r wrote: You should add to cheating section modified player skins.
They were already added to hp's cheating section from your request few days ago..
antor
is connecting

Post by antor »

ZoRoXo wrote:Anyway, I really can't see the problem people claim they have with anticheat, if anticheat crashes your aq2, (which in that case is probably an old version) can't you just download a new aq2 and play fair?
I have the newest aprq2 and I've also tried the newest r1q2, but still AC crashes my quake when I try to connect to an AC server. Someone said updating/downgrading graphics card drivers could help, but honestly I don't care anymore. I see AC causing more harm than good.

Imagine you find this outdated crappy looking game from the internet and decide to give it a go anyway, cause it's fairly small and free. Just to find out it crashes when you're trying to join a server. Would you start googling for a possible solution, and if you somehow happen to find it, would you actually bother updating or downgrading your graphics card drivers? I wouldn't.

Sure AC will stop some from cheating and make it harder for others. However there are already ways that do pretty much the same. I've heard from multiple sources that it is fairly easy to cheat with AC, and the experienced cheaters will do just that. The dumb ones who don't know how to do it will eventually get caught by the old-fashioned ways like demos and screenshots anyway. So the advantage AC brings is definetly not worth sacrificing possible future players in this already shrinking scene.
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Offtopic, response to antor :)

Ah, again one of those "...I heard..." Since you are so close to sources saying that, lets arrange a "meeting" where we can see. Simple LIVE prove is enough. Noone delivered it yet, but if its true noone will force anyone to use AC. Simple...

Also I am wondering since Q2 scene is much bigger and every tournament they have is AC forced, looking at their page for help noone has such problems as in aq2. Everyone use it no whine. Now look at aq2, a guy tries it and it crashes deletes .dll and says AC sucks not even trying too look what causes crash of client. Shall i say there is crash report crated with information of what caused crash. Feedback to developer is the key.

:)
^stric^
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

antor wrote:
ZoRoXo wrote:Anyway, I really can't see the problem people claim they have with anticheat, if anticheat crashes your aq2, (which in that case is probably an old version) can't you just download a new aq2 and play fair?
I have the newest aprq2 and I've also tried the newest r1q2, but still AC crashes my quake when I try to connect to an AC server. Someone said updating/downgrading graphics card drivers could help, but honestly I don't care anymore. I see AC causing more harm than good.

Imagine you find this outdated crappy looking game from the internet and decide to give it a go anyway, cause it's fairly small and free. Just to find out it crashes when you're trying to join a server. Would you start googling for a possible solution, and if you somehow happen to find it, would you actually bother updating or downgrading your graphics card drivers? I wouldn't.

Sure AC will stop some from cheating and make it harder for others. However there are already ways that do pretty much the same. I've heard from multiple sources that it is fairly easy to cheat with AC, and the experienced cheaters will do just that. The dumb ones who don't know how to do it will eventually get caught by the old-fashioned ways like demos and screenshots anyway. So the advantage AC brings is definetly not worth sacrificing possible future players in this already shrinking scene.
Well, this got offtopic fairly fast.

By download new aq2 I didn't mean use your old aq2 with apr that may contain things only god knows. I mean download a brand new aq2.
I though the one on www.kweik.com where made to be used, hmm no?

I got no idea what graphic driver thingy you are talking about, but when i started up with aq2 again I just got one similar to the one from kweik, and I have never had any big issues with AC.

And for your little story. If someone is completely new to this game, you can play all you want on public without ac anyway.
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Uncle- wrote:Offtopic, response to antor :)

Ah, again one of those "...I heard..." Since you are so close to sources saying that, lets arrange a "meeting" where we can see. Simple LIVE prove is enough. Noone delivered it yet, but if its true noone will force anyone to use AC. Simple...

Also I am wondering since Q2 scene is much bigger and every tournament they have is AC forced, looking at their page for help noone has such problems as in aq2. Everyone use it no whine. Now look at aq2, a guy tries it and it crashes deletes .dll and says AC sucks not even trying too look what causes crash of client. Shall i say there is crash report crated with information of what caused crash. Feedback to developer is the key.
I wonder if there will be a reasonable reply :)