Xrok - Merry Xmas! [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

HcPeura
was flattened
In-game Name: Memoria

Xrok - Merry Xmas! [NEW MAP]

Post by HcPeura »

[e] Memoria #extacy
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

Hehe, I am working on the same thing. But a little more touch to it, hehe. Is this only with different textures?
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

Okey, I downloaded and played.

You actually made a lot of changes. With new routes and other additions that changes the gameplay.

I am fine with adding ladders to create new possibilites, but I am not a big fan of ice-gameplay. In the map Winter it makes sense and adds fun gameplay. But I think you have added it to all the wrong places here. I would limit the ice to very few places and remove it completely from places high up. It's nearly impossible to be on surfaces high up when it's slippery.

I love rok and would love a decent christmas rok. I think you should work on it some more.
HcPeura
was flattened
In-game Name: Memoria

Post by HcPeura »

My first versions didn't have the new ladders at all, but I put them there after people kept asking if I did anything else than change the textures and add some ice. The ice on the high spots were to eliminate possible camping and to make the map a bit more interesting, since now you have to think twice before u go up there with your sniper. I think the ice up there is great, I never thought the upper-spots were any useful anyway, and now hopefully nobody will use them, but it's always still an option.

I'm not a big fan of slippery stuff, I hate them, and I don't like the winter-theme either cause quake rapes the textures and eliminates every little bit of color :m00:
Like I said, this was made because some guys kept asking about it in aq2suomi. The slippery ice makes some spots totally useless or in other words SUPERHAPPYFUN :santa: :rambo: :m00: but I doupt the map will last long on any public server, so no worries to all the people who didn't like this wintery-rok :bday:

And to my buddy wiz: I hope my release wont stop you from working on your own version, I'd really like to see some new work from you, even if it's just a near retexture(hope not) like mine. :hop: :santa:
[e] Memoria #extacy
Atli
is connecting

Post by Atli »

I'm gonna try this one out. So when will we be able to play some of those maps you listed in your previous thread? I've got a bunch of people who are laning over the holidays who would really like to try them out ;).