Cheat??

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

WizardExt wrote:t removes the whole advantage of picking a teamskin for a map. Also, with players being the only thing in color must be of huge advantage. Makes it much easier to spot.
the whole advantage with teamskins is retarded in the first place. if someone asked me to switch skins to example yellow or green on a map where blue was hard to spot, I wouldn't mind at all. Not much fun when you have trouble seeing the opponent, especially if you don't know the map very well.

and obviously it's going to be shit like this going on when not everyone is forced to use the same aq2 client
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
Vitinho
blew itself up

Post by Vitinho »

ZoRoXo wrote:
the whole advantage with teamskins is retarded in the first place. if someone asked me to switch skins to example yellow or green on a map where blue was hard to spot, I wouldn't mind at all. Not much fun when you have trouble seeing the opponent, especially if you don't know the map very well.

and obviously it's going to be shit like this going on when not everyone is forced to use the same aq2 client

U guys really need to go play COD4 to see the difficult seeing the opponent, no bright skins, if u dont find the enemy u take a shot (.)

^^
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

Vitinho wrote:
ZoRoXo wrote:

U guys really need to go play COD4 to see the difficult seeing the opponent, no bright skins, if u dont find the enemy u take a shot (.)

^^
I have, and it didn't seem hard to me. Once you learn the maps you will know the usual camp spots, spam places, hax trough places etc, so you will be prepared for it. You also have a radar on COD4, and not everyone uses the perk that will disable them on enemy radar.
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
RewinD
hit the ground hard, real hard
In-game Name: RewinD, G-Funk
Operating System: Win 7 Ultimate x64
Processor model/speed: Intel 3gen i5 3570K @ 4,2 GHZ
Memory: 16 GB Crucial 1600MHZ
Hard drive: 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB, Corsair SSD 115 GB and Samsung SSD 128 GB + Western Digital 500GB External
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 Zotac
Monitor: 2x Samsung 22 inch LCD Screens
Mouse: Logitech G700, Logitech G300 and Logitech G9
Keyboard: Logitech Mechanical Keyboard G710+

Post by RewinD »

I think that stuff i cheat, much easier to spot enemies. Gives em a huge advantage.
Between what is and what could be
STEAM ID: RewinD85
Origin ID: mosrew
Vitinho
blew itself up

Post by Vitinho »

Agree Zoroxo but still, cod4 is very much hard to find enemys than in aq2.. my maps are with almost no color and i have bright skins :D
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
pattimarka
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by pattimarka »

ok "He's a nice guy" and referring to jambalaya? XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Pe0n
was flattened

Post by Pe0n »

hahahaha
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

Ralle wrote:The problem as i see it is that some of the Quake 2 clients give some powerfull commands that in some situations will be an advantage when playing. Most people allready know the cl_coloredlightmaps command which is a 'light' version of the feature in Q2PRO where the map becomes totally greyed out. One could also argue that the cl_coloredlightmaps command is also to some extent cheat since you can also grey colors out on a map which will in return make the enemy easier to spot.

The question is wheter an advantage gained through a perfectly valid command in our quake 2 clients is to be considered cheats or not, and if so what to do about it. A cl_maxfps value of 100 is also possible within the clients themselves, but it is the servers that restricts this setting to 3 or 5, since a value over this is also considered an unfair advantage on certain maps. Q2PRO has a command that will basically make your map fullbright (not mentioning it here), giving the Q2PRO user a advantage (bigger than this grey feature if u ask me), which other clients are restricted by through cl_maxfps limit of 3.

Maybe the serveradmins should consider making restrictions to certain of the new commands, unless they are of the opinion that what is possible with an quake 2 client is never regarded a cheat or unfair advantage.

Good, informative post all in all. N1 Ralle.

I agree with you regarding the admins, though it'll sadly never see the light of day. Most of those that can make a difference wont and the few that do gets ignored, flamed or worse.

About the setting cl_coloredlightmaps I can safely say I know jack shit about. GL_coloredlightmaps on the other hand is in APRQ2 since 1.20 or even earlier and I've been using that command for the past 3 years or so. Makes it easier on my old eyes is all. If by some legislation in the supreme court of United Admins of Quake2 it'd be deemed a cheat I'd gladly remove it. No big deal really.

But to get back to the first post...

jambalaya uses a setting/tweak/command that's in most, if not all used clients these days which means anyone can do it.

Admins react if you feel it's necessary.

To me it still don't feel like a cheat, setting or not. If you can't see a big-assed male all painted in red, blue, yellow or green... I mean, come the fuck ON?!
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

I really cant belive people are even trying to tweek and get advantages..
So fucking boring.
Learn to aim, hear and see.