"New" Movie: E-Reality - The Escape

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

maGro
blew itself up

"New" Movie: E-Reality - The Escape

Post by maGro »

Hello everybody...

No - its no joke. Yesterday I uploaded "The Escape", a machinima aq2 massfragvideo for those who dont know yet. And yes, i have to excuse for the long (long) waiting time. Actually the movie was almost finished several years ago, but other things in life captured my attention so I didnt finish it in time, and I honestly apologize for that, especially to everyone who supported me. However making a movie like that takes just too many time (for someone who isnt unemployed), so i couldnt even plot out the whole story as it was originally planed - for everone who is interested in continuing the movie, there are still tons of demos of the further story. Anyway - I hope you enjoy the movie, if you do so please let me know, since i spent ages on it. Here it is:

Name: E-Reality - The Escape
Length: 21m53s
Size: 205 Megs
Resolution: 640x480
Codec: Divx (newest)
Link: http://www.own-age.com/vids/15086
Director of #E-Reality :: Sprayer of #koksnutten
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Woo I was one of the beautiful actors in this movie!

Thanks for finishing the product, magro. Took you a while but it's good to see that you didn't forget about it. (I forgot about it, so it's a pleasant surprise to me. ;) )
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

Very nice movie I really enjoyed it!!The only thing I missed were voice actors those chat-bubbles dont really fit in otherwise it would be epic. :bday:
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

Thanks Evil :)
Yes, i also wished voices during the movie, but its really quite hard to realize since non-professional voices usually sound just ridiculous so i decided against (beside even more work). Nice to hear you enjoyed it anyway... go and spread the word :)
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

*awakes from torpor*

...wha? Huh, wha?!

Son of a BITCH! It's maGro, and he's finished the film!!!"43

*downloads*
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

:D
just thought of you (honestly by watching the creditroll) and wondered how to reach you... nice to see i dont have to :)
sanity
was in the wrong place

Post by sanity »

just finished the credits and it was great, must have been so much fun making this overall! Awesome!
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

Man you finished it, that alone makes this movie worth it. You deserve heaps of praise alone by coordinating such a big scale project (in aq2 terms).

About the movie:
- Some really great scenes (guards lining up, Vasquez and Stone jumping up from behind the table, the scene where stone pops up behind the guard)
- The gestures worked awesome.

Some critical notes.
- Too many guards in the cafeteria fight! They just seemed to keep coming...
- The human stairs in the end. First of all plothole (that there is even a plot to have a hole is a good thing though)! How did the prisoners get free all of a sudden? Weren't they all dead already? And those that weren't dead weren't they still locked up? Second: A human stairs? Really? You were doing so well making a real movie!
- This one is mostly personal: what was with the religion stuff? Really it made no sense to me, did you come up with it yourself or did you get it from somewhere else?
- I missed the funny guy! The guy that makes a joke or got scared during the gunfight missed oppurtunity man!

And as a final point, really too bad you didn't get around to the voice acting, I know you tried but it would've made this movie even more epic than it is now.

O yeah, you forgot to mention me in the cast, damn you! I was guard #14 none the less!

Anyway GREAT WORK really enjoyed watching it. Much respect that you made it and got the chance to finish it!
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

Credits go to repsaj! (damn, i knew i would forget many players :( - really sry)
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Wow, didn't expect this anymore. I remember you showed me some preview scenes yeaaars ago, but it's really great to see the outcome. Good job! :D
*hali*
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

Haha, finally! Good stuff! :D
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

Thanks :) Honestly i think this would have chased me to the grave, if i didnt release it... Even better to hear you liked it :)
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

awesome work jan! especially to pick up an unfinished project is extremely hard. i thought it would take the same end as duke nukem 4 ever :)

there are so many good outtakes at the end which are too funny. A pity your lacking time :(

big up for your this movie!
KeRoL
is connecting

Post by KeRoL »

For years every now and then I go through my downloads-folder... deleting everything that is no longer required. Every time I come across the preview/trailer of this movie, every time I watch it again since its so great!

Now, the movie is finaly finished! :D
Can't wait for that download to finish... :)
KeRoL hails Kiwii
Trsto
plummets to its death

Post by Trsto »

haaaa :D

its been so long I totaly forgot about it :)
this is really epic :D
nice job

:hop: :hop: :hop: