NEW SHIT: European Invitational Championship

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

FairyB
joined the game
In-game Name: fairyb
Operating System: W7
Monitor: 2x17" CRT
Mouse: G400

NEW SHIT: European Invitational Championship

Post by FairyB »

European Invitational Championship (10.7.2010)
provided by Tastyspleen, globalgamers.net and AQOnline

Game type: 4on4 matchmode
Teams: 4 + 2 (6 players per team max, no mixteams)
Roundlimit: 0
Roundtimelimit: 3
Timelimit: 15
Dmflags: 768
Skins: male/ctf_r and male/ctf_b
Servers: ESF, EyeCandy, AQOnline, CatchGamer + TBA
Ascenting: Mapwins best of three, if maps are 1-1 the team with rounds won most picks the tiebreaker. In finals mapwins best of five, starting with the map of the team which has fewer won rounds so far.

Details: mm3 allowed, each team can pick different map from the pool for each match, all matches will have casted stream, no forced AC

Channel: #EIC @ QuakeNet
WWW: TBA

// Map pool

cloud
cloud2
country
jungle1
riot
rok
time
tequila

// Tiebreaker pool

beer
deepcanyon
ferron
plaza
revolution

// Joker

In the beginning of the tournament each team has one(1) so called Joker Card, which allows them to pick a map within all the maps. This were made to balance the difference between teams whose homemap are in the actual pool.

Example: If one knows they're facing though situation coming up with the next match, they can use a joker and play their homemap instead of picking map out of the pool. Tiebreaker can't be replaced with a joker card.

// BRACKETS

http://dc213.4shared.com/img/337052702/ ... 48&sizeM=3

Enlistments are taken till 9.7. Brackets will be announced soon.

-

- lintumies
Last edited by FairyB on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:26 am, edited 32 times in total.
will stop aq2 21.12.2012
Savior
plummets to its death

Post by Savior »

best thing about the cup: the commentarys, any game looks cool with that shit :rambo:

i'd def. play if it was hosted on european servers, but please dont fucking make retarded map pools (teamjungle who the HELL likes that piece shit map)
and if anyone say they do they should be shot on sight!
Lucikka
is connecting

Post by Lucikka »

Savior wrote:best thing about the cup: the commentarys, any game looks cool with that shit :rambo:

i'd def. play if it was hosted on european servers, but please dont fucking make retarded map pools (teamjungle who the HELL likes that piece shit map)
and if anyone say they do they should be shot on sight!
HEY! Teamjungle is one of the greatest maps of all time... OF ALL TIME!

I would so want to play in this tournament, but we have like 4 "active" players in Synchrony :(
S3ci0r
tried to put the pin back in

Post by S3ci0r »

Lucikka wrote:...but we have like 4 "active" players in Synchrony :(
you and your 3 clones? :hop:
KaniZ
is connecting

Post by KaniZ »

Lucikka wrote:I would so want to play in this tournament, but we have like 4 "active" players in Synchrony :(
dude make new team for tournament or recruit new membrs
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

hope this is 1map each with AC-forced servers...
Savior
plummets to its death

Post by Savior »

Evilcina wrote:hope this is 1map each with AC-forced servers...
ac? lol wuut O_o
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

What is cloud2 doing in that mappool?
bail{UNi}
Lucikka
is connecting

Post by Lucikka »

bail wrote:What is cloud2 doing in that mappool?
hanging out with its friends
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

I have to agree, cloud2 is a bit of a weird choice. Very flat and with no landmarks. But we will see how it plays during the matches. With more of these events we will see what maps play well, both from a spectating/broadcasting perspective aswell as the player perspective.

Looking forward to this tournament. Tastyspleen, GlobalGamers and AQ0 did an amazing job with the first one. Thumbs up, keep up the good work!
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

what a failed tournament lol...why call it european while u clearly put scandi servers only??And gj with not forcing ac, wouldnt wanna play this cheat-fest anyways too retarded mappool!
FairyB
joined the game
In-game Name: fairyb
Operating System: W7
Monitor: 2x17" CRT
Mouse: G400

Post by FairyB »

Since none of the teams haven't announced that they need another servers, if so we'll see what we can do. For keeping up in the very teeth of the time, pls visit us #eic @ QuakeNet.

This from earlier today:
18:45 @lintumies • ok, so now ESF, EyeCandy and AQOnline have promised to provide servers for our use
18:46 Delta` • cool
18:46 @lintumies • great, so clan leaders and players: if you feel your team wants to play on some other server that isn't in the list, pls contact me and i'll see what we could do
18:46 DoDzy • you can probably get fubar server and aq.is servers if you need them (for matches between europe and NA)
18:47 DoDzy • to keep the ping as low as possible :P
18:47 @lintumies • ye, thanks for bringin that up, i've been thinkin about asking their hosts, but since none of the NA teams haven't signed up, we have no need
Some of the players have been complaining about forcing ac makes their aq2 uncomfortable - we don't want that. I fully understand your concern for this choice of ours, but we'd like to keep it more old school; back then when someone was accused using cheats, we recorded him and posted demos about him, discussed and decided about the material and the consequences. These cup matches are being fully recorded and streamed live to the net. You see the resemblance?
Last edited by FairyB on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
will stop aq2 21.12.2012
Savior
plummets to its death

Post by Savior »

Evilcina wrote:what a failed tournament lol...why call it european while u clearly put scandi servers only??And gj with not forcing ac, wouldnt wanna play this cheat-fest anyways too retarded mappool!
why the fuck do you always keep crying? grow up please
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

Savior wrote:
Evilcina wrote:what a failed tournament lol...why call it european while u clearly put scandi servers only??And gj with not forcing ac, wouldnt wanna play this cheat-fest anyways too retarded mappool!
why the fuck do you always keep crying? grow up please
learn to count idiot 7/8 clans that are listed there are finnish and cheaters in most of them?
unef0is
is connecting
In-game Name: unef0is

Post by unef0is »

Scandi server o-ou. I played at last weekend tournament in American server. :-)
yArr