European AQ2 LAN

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Hirchart
blew itself up
In-game Name: Hirchart

Post by Hirchart »

If it would be in the netherlands or in Germany may-b I could come, but denmark is just a bit too far I think, and I'm not a rich boy, so costs for me are limited to :)
Your favorite asshole in AQ2 since '99
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

Hirchart wrote:If it would be in the netherlands or in Germany may-b I could come, but denmark is just a bit too far I think, and I'm not a rich boy, so costs for me are limited to :)
Denmark to far...?

Imagine the people who lives in the north region of sweden or in finland?

It takes me about 5 hours to reach Copenhagen, and I live in the southern region...

It would be possible to arrange a LAN in netherlands(or germany) if ppl could come and rent computers, but I doubt that will ever happen ;)
iler
special poika polizai

Post by iler »

I think that ppl from Finland won't come any farther than Denmark. Denmark is allready far, so we would need like to take ship from Finland to sweden, drive down to Göteborg and take ship or drive from there to denmark, not so easy trip, huh? And this is only for southern Finland. There is quite a lot ppl living in middle and northern parts of Finland who also play AQ2. So I think that Denmark would be the best place.
paino on voimaa, ylipaino on ylivoimaa BD http://www.clanunited.org
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

due to my personal lazyness i vote for göteborg \o/
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Only Germany... :oh:
Blizzeh

Post by Blizzeh »

stop wetting yourselves guys, an European aq2 lan sounds nice and all, but far to large scaled.. and totally unrealistic.. to travel through half of Europe just to play aq2 with eachother.. na ah...
Helge[ANQ]
plummets to its death

Post by Helge[ANQ] »

Blizzeh wrote:stop wetting yourselves guys, an European aq2 lan sounds nice and all, but far to large scaled.. and totally unrealistic.. to travel through half of Europe just to play aq2 with eachother.. na ah...

I see what you mean, but I dont agree!

When there's people who live for this game, there's people who could make this happen :)

Time: Summer 2004 or Winter 04/05

Length: 3½ days

Thats what i think so far.

I myself is a spirit living for aq2, so I am willing to work in some part of this lan.

I wont be the "master-organizer", no no!

AQ2 4evah!

:bday:
To be, is not to be me :twisted:
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Well we had a vote for an AQ2 Lan in the Netherlands, there actually were some people that are interested to come there. About 20 to be exact. Though i agree that a european lan would be more fun, though the travelling would be the problem for most people.
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

Copenhagen would take me 9 hours if i had a car :) And it would take 10 1/2 hours from munich. If any of the people from slovenia would come, it would take 14 1/2 hours.

I don't think anyone from Portugal would come since none responded.

So not even going to bother calculate how long that will take.

Helsinki takes 18 1/2 hours to Copenhagen. Why do people live in such desolated areas :P

And Oslo and Stockholm would take about 8 hours, so in principle Denmark is quite central.

But know comes the question of who will organise it :) Who will come etc.
WuWili
joined the game

Post by WuWili »

Sounds cool... But as stated earlier place would have to be southern Sweden or Denmark.... I live in south in Finland and I wouldn't go further than Denmark :) I think Sweden would be best, or then you all come to assembly ;) Only problem is that there are too much cs-players :(
-- Wu-Wili
mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

uhm.

we should start some kind of poll.. like:

"Would you (AQ2 Player) come to an AQ2 LAN in Denmark (maybe Copenhagen) in Summer 2004 for three days, if there is someone who organizes it?"

but who has the time to organize it? :?
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

najs idea, and i think its not unrealistic,

i agree with the words of Helge :)

the only problem is, traveling
Nobody Likes Us We Dont Care!
Helge[ANQ]
plummets to its death

Post by Helge[ANQ] »

Sulfate wrote:najs idea, and i think its not unrealistic,

i agree with the words of Helge :)

the only problem is, traveling

hey..thats the first time i've ever heard that!! gee thx! :D

now..the poll..how tha heck do you make one?? :scratch:

traveling aint that hard. do like they did on NAQ. Drive a bus threw the whole country and pick ppl up. It was fun, but when the driver started to drink & smoke & drive, at the same time, i was getting a bit frightened.

Busloads from northern finland cant be that hard to fix. Some finnish aq2-player living there must know someone that knows someone that maybe could drive a bus, own a bus, or fix a better price for a bus-ride.

Those living in northeast sweden could gather at one location getting picked up by the fin-bus(or vice versa), and having the same procedure on the western part of the sweden, with busloads from norway.

Or we could just wait for those scientist to make a teleporting-machine!

I sure know I could fix a bus going from Stockholm to Copenhagen(and picking up people on the way). :lol:

People from netherlands & germany...same thing! Bus Bus Bus!

I dont know what to do about those frikken english bastards, nor the icelandic :(

Buy a boat!! <- big one!
To be, is not to be me :twisted:
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Helge[ANQ] wrote:I dont know what to do about those frikken english bastards, nor the icelandic :(

Buy a boat!! <- big one!
ROFL, this made me laugh :lol:
I don't give a shit.