European AQ2 LAN

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

Well the english dont consider themselves as europeans. So I guess they dont need to come then :P Anyways bus idea was also in my head. But then youll need enough people.

Further youll first need some Danish people to organise everything. So start a poll
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I dunno who told you that Hage O_o
I don't give a shit.
Fre^ak
is connecting

Post by Fre^ak »

Cant we search for sponsors like easyjet and basic air? O_o

or trains or something, who`s daddy is boss of easyjet? isnt that an aq2 player or something? maybe we all can drive with fed-ex (wold wide delevery) ? :D

and i truelly think that germany is the most central point.

but mirror u can count on my help to orginise it.

i think it is an great idea. and i also think that the players got more respect later to the ppl they met ;)
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Fre^ak wrote:
and i truelly think that germany is the most central point.

but mirror u can count on my help to orginise it.

i think it is an great idea. and i also think that the players got more respect later to the ppl they met ;)

Great point :hail:
^stric^
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

Fre^ak wrote:and i truelly think that germany is the most central point.

yeah, germany is some kind of central point of europe but not central point for european aq2 players.
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

You need to know where the ppl come from, which country delivers how many players? Etc.

In that way you can make a calculation and see what's most succesfull point to have a European Lan...

And Fre^ak, i have to say no to your statement, most players live in scan. If they have to drive towards germany (let's say berlin or summit.) They'd have to travel way more then if we come to denmark for example.

But like i said, you should know which country the most ppl will come from towards the lan. What country's are going which country's aren't...

Can or can we get sponsors to this shit? Well Aq2 is old, maybe it's possible, though it'll recquire a high amount of negging ;)...

Can you get about 100 ppl, at one place for 3 day's and enjoy them, make sure they all have food and/or drinks.. Make sure there are no fights, when ppl don't happen to like eachother after all..

But the most important thing is, when you got a location, is the location affordable for everyone, so we can all go and pay for it.. Since most of the aq2 players are mostly 20- which means most of us don't earn that much money... And i'm sure most of us don't have rich parents or what so ever, who are going to pay for it... (excluding me :P)..

Though I agree with Fre^ak, if possible I will help in anyway I can, Fre^ak and I have been at a few lans, and even helped organise them, so that shouldn't be a problem...
Fre^ak
is connecting

Post by Fre^ak »

[qoute]

And Fre^ak, i have to say no to your statement, most players live in scan. If they have to drive towards germany (let's say berlin or summit.) They'd have to travel way more then if we come to denmark for example.

[/quote]

i was also thinking about let erveryone go to denmark.

but!

there are also players from: italie, portugal, spain

lets forget the players from the US... becouse i dont think anyone will come.

germany is more in the middle to all countries

we also have to travel load a km, but i am ok with it.

still i think we should get a sponsor or something like easyjet that would be great.
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

yes. germany is a central point in europe. But when it comes to aq2+europe... 80% of the aq2 scene is in scandinavia...

So the best location for a lan if you want more then 20 ppl to come is denmark. To get even more people to the lan sweden would be better... but that leaves the dutch and german people a long ride for just a lan.

-Arild
Hapid00!!
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Fre^ak: Germany is a central point of Europe yes, though as arild said, most quakers come from scan.

There aren't that many ppl who play Aq2 in Spain, Italy and Portugal.. I think Portugal even has the most of these 3 country's...

Then again, most quakers come from scandinavia, which means you've got to try to get it as close as possible to scandinavia, since most ppl will have to come from there. Though to make it able for other ppl from europe to come as well, it shouldn't be in there, but in Denmark which is the best location for all country's (Netherlands, Germany, UK, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark). Since Denmark is the most Central point of those country's... And those country's have got the most players in Aq2...
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Anything further then Germany is not an option for me :)

i think i speak for a lot of ppl.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Helge[ANQ]
plummets to its death

Post by Helge[ANQ] »

ok, so what about on the border between denmark and germany 8)

I say anywhere, cause I can get there if i want to get there!

But for the most ppl to come, I'd, once again say denmark.

The problem is that we all want the crazy germans and dutch ppl to come. :D

I dont think I've ever seen a spanish player. Sometime long ago I saw an italian server, and then there are some portuguise.

But to be honest, there are more fragging ppl up north.
To be, is not to be me :twisted:
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

I think Copenhagen could also be possible for us dutchies. When we are already on the borderof denmark, Copenhagen wont make a big difference then. Further I think its easier to find a place there.
mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

uhm

dont think spain has any aq2 players... ok maybe some, but they play on .pt servers so i count them as ppl from portugal :)

sad but true, but i think we can forget the ppl from portugal.. they are too far away from the rest, and i think just because of some of them we cant move the lan to south germany etc.

i still think the best place for a LAN is denmark, maybe copenhagen, even if its like in the north of denmark.

what we need is an orga from denmark, well not a single one, we really need many of them.. they have to organize the location, they have to get most of the switches etc etc..

i'll try to find someone who can do this lil poll.. i think it should be like this:

------------------

Would you come to an European AQ2 Lan in Summer 2004, located in Denmark (maybe Copenhagen), for three days?

[ ] Yes of course!

[ ] Yes, and I would also be interested in helping you (being an orga)!

[ ] No, I'm not interested in an European AQ2 LAN.

[ ] No, too far away from me (costs too much, takes to much time effort)

[ ] No, but I would come if the LAN was located more in the South.

[ ] No, but I would come if the LAN was located more in the North.

-------------------

sth. like that? any points to add?

EDIT: btw i think the italian aq2 scene is also kind dead, there is like 1 clan left. only prob now are the slowenians, if they wanna come, cause theyre really in the south. but maybe they can get a bus and go to denmark all together.. but lets see what the poll sez.
MikuzA
joined the game

Post by MikuzA »

actually it would be nice to be in Aq2 lan, damn i went crazy @ Assembly2k3, 80% played cs and some Unreal Tournament b00b started laughing at the graphics when i played aq2 :D
Oon tomaattikastikkeen läski mansikkarahka
Fre^ak
is connecting

Post by Fre^ak »

Den wrote:Anything further then Germany is not an option for me :)

i think i speak for a lot of ppl.

If u go to the upperside of denmark from my house is 900 km

if i go to south germany it will be 900 km also, so that does not matter?