Goldblade's Retirement

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

goldblade
hit the ground hard, real hard

Goldblade's Retirement

Post by goldblade »

Dear all,

After six years in the game, I am announcing my retirement from Action Quake 2 as of Friday 19th march 2004. It?s been a good time for me and a fairly big part of my life. Although you may find that sad?for people who have played they game for as long as I have, I doubt you could not consider it as part semi-important way of relaxing. Anyway, as I said, it has been fun, and in addition I find AQ2 to be an interesting game.

Looking back, from the beginning until now, the game has developed considerably. I?m not talking about the TNG stuff or whatever, I?m talking about the gameplay. From the early days of dm and simple tp, it has developed from people not using the map and using random weapons, to a precise art. The competition in the game, was the driver for this change, and has become more intense with people playing with the greatest of efficiency. I would go as far to say that I believe AQ2 has created gamers that have become some of the best in the world, ultimately through the competition between players and AQ2?s longevity. For example, players like poox, mo0trix & stim (sorry about just quoting only uk players :P ) were, in their prime, unbeatable and this was shown in the BWAQSL with rap3 wiping the board. Consequently I can say with great heart that AQ2 is one of the best games ever made, not just because of it?s playability but also because of the people who did play it.

I would like to think that you have enjoyed playing AQ2 with me as much as I have enjoyed playing with you. I would also like to think that I have been fair to all you guys and have got on fairly well. After all, it is just a game, and we are just men (or in some cases kids :P)

I would like to mention all of the people whom I have shared the AQ experience with and can remember:

Starting with C&C members past and present (and in no particular order):

wraith ? Lee. Known to me as L33t0>< and also my lover ;)

narn ? Bryan. Played with Bryan from the beginning in early (G.Q) days. Not on very often now but still a great player

golgo13 ? Simon, not on anymore but was just as good at me on sludge (hence he rocked)

blizzeh ? Johan is a fairly new member, but I?ve known him for years anyway. What a guy!

Davey ? Davey is davey, great at c2 and tj ? specially the jumping!

Siphon ? Wobbes! Another original member of C&C and a good player. Pity he joined [^^] :P

Baboon ? Another original member and master of the mp5

Hotpants ? Ryan, don?t see you anymore :(

n4 ? Tim. What a guy. Smart and Casual :)

Terah ? Best DM player ever in my opinion

Cartman ? Dunno much about him ? ex ROAR according to Stim. Didn?t play much when I was playing. Prolly in my 4 mth break in aq2 couple of years ago

Snakebite ? LUKE THE WOOKIE! Nothing more to be said, apart form luke?s ace and of course fluffy.

mr_ripper ? Ed. Ex Darkpact player, and joined C&C when he got back into aq2.

Drama ? Andy. Another original C&C member. Came from BDK.

Remorce ? Jon the leader of C&C and GQ for a while. Although not on as much as before, he still managed to hold C&C together for over 3 yrs. /me pats jon :)

Manny - Gazz is the man. He sorted out jolt for it?s first run, and he?s a good mate too!

Chilla ? Rick. Another original member. He?s tells me he is the man for winning a 3v5 in bwaqsl. Can?t argue against that. Also the master of C&C flash, paks, website design etc.

Clown ? Andy. Great player. Had lots of fun on Teamspeak with him, singing through games. Also a dab hand with a sniper ;)

Doovoo ? Paul, another original member. Now running his own business! Awww :D

Fl4k ? Alan, the man with the sub 10 ping :o Not anymore though! Har :P

Poox ? Rob. Ex rap3. one of the best ? doesn?t play anymore though :(

mo0trix ? Neil. Ex rap3. one of the best ? still addicted like a horse on sugar :P

stim ? Ash. Ex rap3. one of the best ? the best tj player ever!

Wolfeh ? Willem. Took us ages to get him to join C&C, but he doesn?t regret it anymore :D

w0lf ? Dave. Original member? Not sure. Anyway, he still rocked on his 56k :)

daf! ? Dafyd! The mascot! He requires bread, and lots of fluffing! Oh and also a shotgun and a bandolier ;D

Eclipsee ? Jason. What a nice chap.

Panda ? Jon #2. Chilled he is. But don?t mention tj or c2 to him or he?ll sit on top of you!

Uncle Charlie ? Timmmmmmmmeh, panda?s bro. I think he is a fireman now, obviously had enough of being a killer!

Mortah ? Colin. OGM TEH MROT!

Nightviz ? Erik. Good all rounder, but we had good battles on sludge1+c2. Doesn?t play anymore.

Chucky ? Ant. The saviour of jolt as he renewed it. Ps He is accepting donations for the server as he is still down some money.

Utini ? Rich. One of the first folk I knew from aq2, and he joined C&C too! What a guy.

Raz^ - Raz may not be the best aq2er ever, but he tries his hardest. Hardly on now though.

Crayfish ? Chris, the man with the guitar and the violin!

Slaughter ? Slaught is a great player, but due to university is only on during the holidays :-(

ra^ - Ra^ was the founder member of C&C and deserves a mention. I haven?t seen him for years but thought I should put his name here too.

Other folk I can remember who deserve a mention:

Mucki, Traktion, Numb, Souleh, Mr_Meow, mace, deimos, louster, smurf, stecks, tuvok, hage, lo-wang, morpheh, cookie, skimo, confusion, kingchris, lysander, spuddeh, sasquatch, hotteh, hamlor, mikeh, sabbz, saggz, den, fewleh, mangler, kurupt, smaug, ruler, cassius, dragoslav, ash_tray, davross, ice-m, sn1006, archangel, crawler, gunman, apoc, psycho, foggeh, overlord, wizardext, scoob, pete-tong, eraser, hypno, dani, fraki, jager, cancrel, deusven, lynx, depthcharge, vortex, M!PS, da^juan, mysteryman, repsaj, sp!ke, cyclo, freak, dop3, mac][, matt, grim, ze bull, ashkash, cobra, fortune, maciste, wo0o, ponds-cum, outlaw, eddcase, rage_on, obby, dogma, cleaner, dougliev, kani, grover, khaine, Blackbishop, ouranos, sneaker, woah, nine, pino, seven, stingert, montananan, meteo, and anyone else who I forgot!

Anyway, that?s about all I have to say. Apart from I do hope the aq2 scene survives ? especially in the UK where it is at an all time low (although some CS players are coming back!). I shall probably return for the odd game, but I will not be active for a minimum of 5 months and I doubt I will come back full time then. If anybody wants to add me to msn it?s goldblade1983@yahoo.co.uk or I will be idling in #C&C.

Good luck for the future!

C&C>Goldblade.

P.s. I shall be playing on jolt (ip: 195.149.21.28:27922) on Thursday night. Anyone who wants a goodbye game with me can come.
:D
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

What can i say :)

one lame admin less on jolt hehe

:hop: tum tum

cya goldy :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

too bad :cry:
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
Wolfeh
joined the game

Post by Wolfeh »

OMG Noooooooo sorry to hear that bri, anyways good luck with whatever you are going to do in the meantime

"/me raises a goldbladen statue"

let's all dance around it and have a good farethewell party!!! :D
RaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaR!
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

6 years... respect!!...

dont played much with you....

but anyways...all the time i played with you...on jolt with the other guys...was funnay :)

only thing i have to say

GL....
Nobody Likes Us We Dont Care!
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

Aww gonna miss (owning) you in some kind of weird way i guess :)
mo0trix!
is connecting

Post by mo0trix! »

brian quits aq2.... never thought i'd see the day..... still can't believe it's true... :oh:

oh and the comment about my "prime" - yes, you're right, i was unbeatable....unfortunately i was only at my prime for 10 seconds... it lasted 1 round...and i was incredibly drunk and probably lost it but thought i'd won anyway... :) you shouldn't quit... you should just do what i do...play 10 mins per 3 months..it's as good as retiring anyway :D
Mr_Meow
is connecting

Post by Mr_Meow »

Sad really... but then i dont play aq2 much myself but heck! my names on that list so i aint complaining =P cya man :rambo:

-Edit-

Btw, You'll Be Back! THEY ALWAYS COME BACK!!! :poke:

-Edit-

YES Another Edit :D Just thought id say im worth more then mucki! so i should be in hes place! hes not as fluffy as me :roll:
Last edited by Mr_Meow on Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steckz
plummets to its death

Post by Steckz »

well i nvr expected to see the day that you would quit either :shock:

it was always fun, on the times we were on ts or on jolt nvr a dull moment ;)

dunno if i'll be there thursday night, anyway have a gg and most of all hf.

well i guess ill see ya around goldy aka brian 8)

ps. what are you gonna do wiv all that free time? :P

pss if you ever start again let me know.

psss we should try ts again sometime, was always nice :hop:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Timmmmmmmmeh = mine!!!
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Gr8!
Hirchart
blew itself up
In-game Name: Hirchart

Post by Hirchart »

Was fun playing with you gold ( esspacially ruins3 ;P )

Cya and GL in future with other stuff
Your favorite asshole in AQ2 since '99
Blizzeh

Post by Blizzeh »

hmmm bri, you seem bored writing all that.. :D

shame (but also a JOYOUS MOMENT) that you left the AQ2 scene.. well actually you only left jolt, you never played somewhere else :)

gl with eating haggis there in good ol' Scotland, at last FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM ! god bless ya :D
goldblade
hit the ground hard, real hard

Finished

Post by goldblade »

Alright guys,

That's it. I've finished..

You know how i was sometimes C&C>118-118.

Well skimo made me a tune!

can be found here

http://goldblade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/118.mp3

Cheers guys

C&C>Goldblade
:D
skiMo
is connecting

Post by skiMo »

:(

*weeps*

1..1 1.1 .1 8 118 'in loving memory'