CotT season 2?

AQ2World.com presents the Clash of the Titans - http://cott.aq2world.com

Moderators: Kurupt, Clement, Moderators

Clement
Master of the Universe

CotT season 2?

Post by Clement »

Sooooo.. should we do another season of CotT? We know we had some problems during the first season, but that was mainly because of Real Life™ issues, causing us to not have as much time for CotT as we wanted..

And we have the site ready and all, so we would just have to find out which teams to invite and so on.......

But do you guys want it?

Feel free to elaborate your opinion in a post..
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

I say HArrrrrrrrrr!

just make it nice n peachy again (more reports n stuff)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Of course!
It was with ease the best tourney this year. And funny to follow even if one didn't participate.

It would be even cooler if you could get it running a little faster, so that there would be new clans more often.
fell in love with the game
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Just do it.
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

yes, of course!
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

what's cott?
*hali*
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

oje. cott was nice
Zak
joined the game

Post by Zak »

ye another cott Season with a little more coverage an Demos and Stuff would be nice ;)
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Should be good, a good ploy to earn more points kuwu ;).
However, although the invite-only part of the league is what makes it so special, the workings of this system should, in my humble opinion, be made little bit more transparent. How about some overzealous aq2lover (or plural, even better) come up with a assigning the available slots (8 seems fine) to specific conditions, like, for instance, winning last cott season, winning finnish open (or whatever it's called), winning the naql, winning the eaql, etc., and putting it under 'getting invited to cott'. Specific entry conditions have the advantage of seeming not so arbitrary as the system that was used previously. (I'm not saying you're biased or anything, but you get the idea.) It is also a tried-and-true formula used in everything from the olympics, to the Masters and even tradable card games. Oh, a single slot left open for the votes of the guys right here at aq2world, :). Willdcard baby!
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

I wonder who has been voting 'nah, you guys suck'. Cott has the most professional appeal of all the european leagues and tournements because of the above mentioned 'masters' feel. It's exclusive, and also important - it doesn't last too long, either. Go Cott!
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

Last season of CotT promised alot but the most of it were left out - like matchreports, clan of the week, interviews and stats. The start of the tournament was shining but suddenly the things I just mentioned disappeared. I've heard the admins blame real-life issues for this.
It was the teams in the tournament that managed to finalize the last CotT season, with almost no help from the admin team.
So my point is I disagree with your statement...
n99 wrote:Cott has the most professional appeal of all the european leagues and tournements because of the above mentioned 'masters' feel. It's exclusive, and also important - it doesn't last too long, either. Go Cott!
... but who knows next season of CotT could be a success. Go CotT![/quote]
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

That the beginning looked promising might be, but it wasn't completely because of the admin team why it didn't work out (imo). For example, the stats. The main reason why we couldn't provide the stats of the matches was because some clans / players couldn't bring it up to stay on the server 20 seconds after the map was over (so we had the time to look up the stats for every player). Personally I think I spend much time on the cott. It's not really cool to come home at 20:00 from work, just on time to admin a match before I could start dinner. And then after the match write a match report and to find someone to interview for the clan of the week thingy. Also getting absolutely no comments / feedback about what we did made me feel like no one was really interesting, which didn't really work motivating either, but I guess thats part of the job.

Anyway, Morpher was getting into his exam period and I was just being too busy with my job, so we had to get some new people for the admin team. Too bad our call remained unanswered, also by every clan(members) playing in the league, so I guess it wasn't so important after all... But hey, the league was actually finished which was a success of it's own :P For next season I guess the admin team will be still the same, so we just have to see what it will bring...
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Perhaps cut down a few a of the features. The features themselves and the 'World Cup' feeling was what made it good. However, less features, but through the whole tourney would be more succesful I suppose. I myself think it would be cool if it ran a little shorter, and more often. That way you could probably make it a staple in the aq2world too.
fell in love with the game
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

I hope there will be a next season coz i liked the intensive reports and coverage of it all.
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Riiiiiiight... it seems like you guys liked what we did after all..

Now the thing is, who should we invite? n99 came up with a suggestion of reserving spaces for the winner of FOC, EAQL, NAQL and so on, and I kinda like that, but then again, wouldn't it happen to be exactly the same clans as we would've invited anyways? :)

We've (kur and me) talked about having some 4 or something teams making it directly into the tourney, and then have some sort of qualifier for the remaining 4 slots.. whadda you think?

All feedback will be appreciated, but we might end up doing it in some weird other way, but go on; inspire us!