CotT season 2?

AQ2World.com presents the Clash of the Titans - http://cott.aq2world.com

Moderators: Kurupt, Clement, Moderators

FoxX
plummets to its death

Post by FoxX »

Not adding Wo, would be like eating a burger without beef..
Clement
Master of the Universe

Re: MY IDEA

Post by Clement »

korny wrote:Well this is my idea:

The winner of the CoTT 1 gets qualified automaticaly, if that was '[j] then I guess no one is qualified. I don't remember these tourney shits. After you have decided how many clans that's gonna be in it we do it in a bit different way than last year.

After this you decide about 6 superior clans that gets qualified. sC', kfl/Ava?, UNi, Apr, quad, iN. Not 6 finnish clans, try to split it up a bit. Then you PICK 8-12 other clans or a number you decide, that plays a playoff thingi to get to the CoTT. Here clans like -D-, cSu, 'g, -UR-, (u), Ava, dip, bla bla should be represented. A certain number you decide gets true to CotT2.

22:40:59 | <kurreN> After this you decide about 6 superior clans that gets qualified. sC', kfl/Ava?, UNi, Apr, quad, iN.
22:41:06 | <kurreN> u skipped Wo just to tease me!
22:41:50 | <k0rny> That's really fucking correct

Probly idea to add wO also since they are pretty good when kurupt is not playing.
[23:35:39] [@Clement] qualifier?
[23:35:42] [@Clement] no qualifier?
[23:35:54] [@kurreN] no
[23:36:29] [@Clement] agre
[23:36:29] [@Clement] e

Besides, I don't really see quad as being a superior clan..
FoZz wrote:Not adding Wo, would be like eating a burger without beef..
Or maybe just the way to go if you want to be sure that the invited clans stay up for the 12 weeks or so the tourney will run... :p
korny
joined the game

Post by korny »

Well I think a qualifier would be more fair. Me neither see Quad as a superior clan but it would be good to get a clan from Germany in the tourney as well. But if you only want the BEST clans I guess Quad is out. But then again if you want the BEST clans then the clans that used to be "all that" should'nt get a wildcard. I mean, UNi and cSu is good but not as good as they were, the same goes to Apr and iN. The more modern clans like Ava, kfl, wO and sC all have maps some clans just can't stand. (rooftops, mesto and cliff2). And if the maps should be random then I think they will also be in trouble. Also forgot <!> in my post, this is a clan that has impressed me but as also lost some members. Some clans dropping their levels and other clans getting better is the reason I believe a qualifier is the right thing. Now in the AQ2 scene it's more random who wins vs who. The only clan that seems to deliver every time is sC and my guesses is they will be the winners of CotT2.
look at the fucking camera and bark like a dog
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

korny wrote:And if the maps should be random then I think they will also be in trouble.
Morpher wrote:the rules about one each - map of your own choice - 2x20 will remain the same..
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

agree with kuwu and cleme, no qualifyer.

and I dont belive any european team are good enough. not dissing any european team, but they lack activity to be among the best i guess. and it would be stupid to let in a clan that would deffo loose every match..

and korney, Ava plays cliff2 thats been played for ages, so saying we go about the same taxx as kfl (example) is stupid :)

But kfl has played the map so long now that ppl should start learning how to play it. but nobody bothers to do it. And honnestly thats not kfl's fault.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

The homemaps of clans certainly isn't a criteria we look at with the invitations.
korny
joined the game

Well

Post by korny »

Well I haven't said something about how long clans have been playing certains map either emu? The thing is rooftops, mesto and cliff2 is maps that often pisses people of. And clans that plays these kind of maps often spank their opponents with +10 on their map and then move on to a basic city map and lose. sC isn't one one of those though, they do pretty good damage on every map there is.

I'm just writing down some ideas here since it seems like you haven't decided how it's going to be yet.
and I dont belive any european team are good enough. not dissing any european team, but they lack activity to be among the best i guess. and it would be stupid to let in a clan that would deffo loose every match..
so this is gonna be a tourney for asians then emu?
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Re: Well

Post by emu »

korny the gobsheit wrote:Well I haven't said something about how long clans have been playing certains map either emu? The thing is rooftops, mesto and cliff2 is maps that often pisses people of. And clans that plays these kind of maps often spank their opponents with +10 on their map and then move on to a basic city map and lose. sC isn't one one of those though, they do pretty good damage on every map there is.

I'm just writing down some ideas here since it seems like you haven't decided how it's going to be yet.
so this is gonna be a tourney for asians then emu?
you know what i mean by europeans, so dont be a complete tosser, kthanx. Did you know that alot of cws we play we tend to play c2 sucky and win on their maps ? Not every cw but it happens quiet alot. so don't tell me that we 'spank' our opponents, to go and lose their map.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Heres my idea: LOL!!!!!

Nah, I think Morpher and Kurupt should pick the 8 teams they think are worthy for playing in cott2. All important things about good clans, old clans <instert whatever> has been mentioned. Shouldnt be a big prob. to find the right clans imo.

And ye.. Cott2 without Ava is like a hamburger without ketchup, it works - But the nice flavour is missing :P everyone doesnt like ketchup tho :(
korny
joined the game

emu

Post by korny »

Emu are you paranoid or something you stupid fuck? Have I ever mentioned your clans name? Didn't even know you were playing in Ava so please drop the attitude bitch. And yeah, of course I should have known when you talk about europeans you mean germans, that's so obvious.
Last edited by korny on Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Devirus wrote:old clans <instert whatever> has been mentioned.
Devirus wrote:And ye.. Cott2 without Ava is like a hamburger without ketchup
Ehh? who old are ava, 1 month old?

Ahh well well i think the admins will pick the right ones.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

But when i say Ava, ofc i mean Skillwise and right Now. My opionion about clans that participates in cott2 is not old clans that played awesome A YEAR ago - It's right now that counts.

But then again, I respect the admins decisions when the time has come. I still find this tourney intresting and cool.

Obiously you dont like ketchup! :(
Last edited by Samislide on Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

korny wrote:The more modern clans like Ava, kfl, wO and sC all have maps some clans just can't stand. (rooftops, mesto and cliff2).
Hmm... actually the list should be like this:

Controlmaps: Mesto, Airport, Cliff2 (with ping advantage)
After that comes rooftops and riot.

If I would give % (100 max.) to evey maps it would go like this:

Mesto 85% (ping advantage 90%)
Airport 75% (ping advantage 80%)
Cliff2 65% (ping advantage 70%)
Rooftops 55% (ping advantage 60%)
Riot 50% (ping advantage 55%)

Nowdays normal aq2 is how good are you in these maps: mesto, airport, cliff2. If you can make goodie in all of these, you're godly.

Of course nowdays goodie clans are quite good on every maps, but these are the main maps.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

angra wrote:
Devirus wrote:old clans <instert whatever> has been mentioned.
Devirus wrote:And ye.. Cott2 without Ava is like a hamburger without ketchup
Ehh? who old are ava, 1 month old?

Ahh well well i think the admins will pick the right ones.
Check our topic, Avalanche just celebrated its 3rd year anniversary.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

lie :tsk:
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405