CotT season 2?

AQ2World.com presents the Clash of the Titans - http://cott.aq2world.com

Moderators: Kurupt, Clement, Moderators

dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I think they won't, simply because of ping difference.

Juan already said he needed a coder for the page for NC.
Endy
sank like a rock

Post by Endy »

Hmm, about portugise clans, honestly I don't think they're good enough to be in COTT from what I have experienced... I have encountered a few in my days, last time it was when I played in clutch and we met 5Q (if I remember correctly, about a month ago, perhaps little longer) which claimed themselves to be one of portugals top clans. We played BOTH maps at their server (with 125 ping while they had 20-40) and we still won the game pretty big... I don't want to imagine a game with 1 map on each server... huhu :/
You think I CARE about oHms law and the red*communists, the AC in my car or the mumbojumbo clutch-type grip, the perfect silent Avalanche that later made me to realize that I don't know anythINg.
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

All portugies clans are topclans cuz they only got like.. 5 harrr! :)
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

get the supplies, drop the supplies
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
VeGeTa01
is connecting

Post by VeGeTa01 »

Endy you still remember barrys? who won the last 2 season's league?? a Portuguese clan IN UK Servers... not in portuguese servers:) the maps were only played in foreign servers... maybe you don't remember, or you didn't know about Aq2... maybe.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

VeGeTa01 wrote:Endy you still remember barrys? who won the last 2 season's league?? a Portuguese clan IN YOUR SERVERS... not in portuguese servers:) the maps were only played in foreign servers... maybe you don't remember, or you didn't know about Aq2... maybe.

hmm.. where to begin...
ah...
1. Barrysworld is hardly what we scandinavians consider "our" servers, barrysworld were terrible for scandinavians
2. Hardly no scandinavian top clans participated actively in that league
3. It was quite some time ago that tournament was played, things change rather rapidly in aq.
4. if that 5q or whatever they are called cannot defeat clutch, who wasnt in cott, at two maps played at their own server... how will they defeat a cott-clan when they have to play 1 map in finland for example.

Conclusion: if you think you are worthy of having a clan in cott, i suggest you start proving it. Feel free to drop by #clan-ava anytime you wish to show what you've got.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

*sigh*

EGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGO

plz :(

and

MI AID SOV GRAMS etc ok?
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Den wrote:*sigh*

EGOEGOEGOEGOEGOEGO

plz :(

and

MI AID SOV GRAMS etc ok?
afaik they werent very active, skipped most games etc.. dont think any finnish clan participated, and i'd say that finland is the nation that allways has had the best clans.. but sure, if you think the portugese clans have what it takes, go ahead. I however dont think they are good enough, but ill gladely see them prove me wrong as it would add some extra spice to the tournament. But having a clan in the tournament simply because they are the best in THEIR country isnt really a good way to get a high quality league. But if they indeed can compete with the scandinavians I would personally roll out the red carpet for them.

But feel free to call me "ego", i just want them to prove themselves before getting picked. But i guess that was stupid, my mistake.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
FoxX
plummets to its death

Post by FoxX »

Scandinavians are just far superior to the rest of the world, when it comes to AQ2. We want a tournament with alot of quality gaming, and I doubt a portuguese clan would get anywhere close of a won match.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

VeGeTa01 wrote:Endy you still remember barrys? who won the last 2 season's league?? a Portuguese clan IN UK Servers... not in portuguese servers:) the maps were only played in foreign servers... maybe you don't remember, or you didn't know about Aq2... maybe.
Besides it was s4p or AiD winning the last edition, dont remember the winners of the seasons before that.
FoxX
plummets to its death

Post by FoxX »

I'm pretty sure the best portuguese clans wouldnt bet money on themselves, if they were facing some of the better Scandinavian clans. Correct me if I'm wrong..
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

not one of us has heard of portuguese clans at all i assume, so how can we tell if they can play or not? play vs them before judging.

and imo, it's none of our business who gets in. it's the ppl arranging cott that decide the clans in it.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Read Endy's post then. If that was the best clan in Portugal, then they wouldnt stand a chance in cott. So dont assume so much :P

And btw, that 'admin-attitude' of yours, does not suit you.
FoxX
plummets to its death

Post by FoxX »

We've played them aswell, because Kurupt had a thing about joining some Portuguese league, which would go international.. Anyways we beat them pretty good on their server, and later decided not to join the league, because it was simply a waste of time. But I know they won't get anywhere near this league anyways, so why are we even discussing it? :-)
mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

den :)

okay.. maybe i can help out a bit.

i think the clan vegeta talks of is dW.. they were good and they won. the bwaqsl was a nice league. best clans from uk, nl, por and some german clans participated. but i think the bwaqsl was more a league where you just played, for me the result has never been like THE PROOF FOR THE BEST CLAN AROUND etc.. when sov joined the league, they dominated it. (says a lot) when dW won the bwaqsl it was probably justified, but still they were never dominant. this would mean that they had been one of the topclans of the european scene (excluding the scandinavian).

i dont know a lot about the scandinavian scene how it was.. lets say before 2001. in germany we just had some links to the danish ppl, i knew what was happening in their scene, but never how they (bnet, grams, gom, sov) performed vs the other scandinavian nations. about the german scene.. i think it took a long time till it could compete with the danish one.. it wasnt for long, but when the german scene had its peak (concerning the oldschool clan constellation with qc, dnb, 2a.....), german topclans often beat the danish ones. this was also the year when we won the nationscup thingy.. i know theres not many ppl that take this league for serious, but what the hell, why? i dont know the exact results anymore, i just know sweden did good but then dropped, iceland did well, nl and austria werent that good, portugal did medium. the final was fi vs ger, and ger won it 2-0 on a neutral server. ger had also beaten iceland and sweden before. i see this as a proof that germany had an equal strong scene as the scandinavians at that time (especially the top5 clans could compete).

this would mean that dW, wich also had its peak at that time, prolly could also compete with the scandinavians. still one team doesnt count for a whole scene, and ive never seen any other clan from portugal that could do as much damage as dW. so i think back then the pt scene hat some excellent players, but the scene itself couldnt compete with the other, mostly bigger ones.

things have changed a lot. today there is one big scene in northern europe that contains mostly fi, swedes, norwegians, danes and some dutchies and germans. germans play mostly on the german server (very few), dutchies mostly in scandinavia (and also some that play just on the german public server). this scene must be the dominant scene worldwide, since it's

- by far the biggest scene
- a very old scene
- a very clanwar-intense scene.

in this scene the finns are dominant, but there are also several top players in norway, sweden, denmark, dutchieland and germany. last eaql has shown a lot. very few european, mostly swedish and finnish teams on top. prolly the best clan from pt back then, olz, got crushed. ur (also invited to cott back then) defeated them like 30-0 at c2.. olz left claiming everyone cheaters. the other .pt clan didnt do that good either.

conclusion: regarding the fact that the north european scene didnt stop to improve, like the rest of the european scene (uk scene died very early, german after 2002, austrian already 2000, only the dutchies improved a lot since then(s4p)), it is dominant since lets say.. 2002. it's proved by clanwar and league results.

still ppl shouldnt become arrogant. you should see the reasons. portugal has always been isolated from the rest. they have no scene where they can play 10 cws a day and therefore imrpove very fastly. the northern european scene is very competitive and result-fixed.. just look at the so-uber-important clanwarlists.. :-) theres no other aq2 scene where u play more cws than public.. so it's kinda logic that a scene where many ppl play more cws than public must be stronger thana league where ppl mostly play public.

okay ehm. no offence at anyone. and i hope this did make any sense at all, cant rate it now, totally stoned