CotT season 2?

AQ2World.com presents the Clash of the Titans - http://cott.aq2world.com

Moderators: Kurupt, Clement, Moderators

n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Humm it might make it more interesting, but it would, again, make it more arbitrary. The eligble map list (derived from the eaql if I remember correctly) seems fair enough to me. Clans participating in this tourney should be of a level that they should be able to come up with decent play and working strategies on all the maps on this list. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but csu didn't win COTT:01, now did they?
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

invite 8 teams. :rambo:
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

"If cSu rapes everyone in pier" and wins the tourney that way, then they are the best? Simple as that.. A normal cw is played 2x20min 1 map each server, thats the way it should be played. If you wanna play weirdo maps and stuff,, try the summercup. Everything ex- Normal cw's sucks imo.
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

Devvvan wrote:"If cSu rapes everyone in pier" and wins the tourney that way, then they are the best? Simple as that.. A normal cw is played 2x20min 1 map each server, thats the way it should be played. If you wanna play weirdo maps and stuff,, try the summercup. Everything ex- Normal cw's sucks imo.
Then why dont play normal cw's?
Whats the idea of making a tournament like this if its just like normal cw's?
I dont have any interest watching some clans playing "normal cw's" even if its some tournament, sorry.
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Cuz having a Tourney with the 'best of the best' playing 'normal' against eachother shows us that the winner is the best at AQ2 as its being played nowdays :P being forced to play a map u dont even like in the cott final wouldnt be to fun dont u think? This is what i like about cott, Normal cw's instead of being told what and how to play :P
Last edited by Samislide on Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

idd devv, and many close and exciting matches.
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

How are they "'best of the players'" if they cant even play different map from their homemap?
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Ill stop replaying this, getting nowhere.
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Devvvan wrote: the 'best of the best' playing 'normal' against eachother yadda yadda
Royal^ wrote:How are they "'best of the players'" yadda yadda
You see the difference? Dev ain't talking about the best players, but the best clans. And the game of AQ2 has turned out to be a game where you pick your own clans homemap. So why should we force someone to play some map that they aren't very familiar with? It's enough that they have to play the other clans homemap, is it not?

Oh well...... yadda yadda
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

The best clan OR player can be only decided at lan.
I bet most of non-finish clans can beat any finish clan at lan. -> IMO, IMO, IMO <-
Say what u want.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Randomizing maps would obviously make it more of a lottery than a tournament.

edit:
Asskicker wrote:Say what u want.
Poland.
fell in love with the game
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Hehe Jazzie, sometimes you're a dick, sometimes you're hilarious. Hilarious this time, tho. :) Anyway, stop writing in this thread and hand me another comp.

cheers.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Since i been at work all day i will reply to some old msgs :)

......... ->
Consider to invite all 8 teams. I dont mean to be rude or anything. But a clan as [e] sure has the skills to participate in COTT. However, [e] has existed like 10 times before but with a different tag and name. Its mainly the same players all the time. And my guess is that it wont be a long lived clan, cause you know what happend with the older ones right ? :)

Thats how i see it. Clans like UNi, M.I. apr etc has been around for some years and wont quit like that.

-Arild
Hapid00!!
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

And btw, COTT is not like Clanbase Eurocup. Its a new tournament created by two admins(Kurupt and Morpher?). And the clans they consider be the best of the best should participate :)

-Arild
Hapid00!!
ZarDoX
Worst clanmate of 2005

Post by ZarDoX »

actually arild, we never been in the same clan. I never played with kurupt, dani or termy in a clan :). only with soli and overii. Same with soli, he never played with the guys in [e] exept with me and overii. :) So this is a fresh start with a new team ;) :hop: