Mysterious fps problem

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

flz
joined the game

Mysterious fps problem

Post by flz »

Hi,

did someone of you ever notice, that you lose many fps when you stay at the left corner of the highest roof on urban and look onto the map ?

Whenever i stay there, i have a lost of 50 % of my frames. It drops down from 100 to 50, but when i look left or right, it raises up to 100.

Its only that place. I'm despaired :(

Help!

flz
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Never noticed it :)

But i guess it happens because of the new expanded skyboxes (ref gl, nc gl)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

My fps drops dramatically in the maps like ap and mesto 'cause of high r_speeds, though urban has pretty low r_speeds in all sections.

Maybe it's just that bloody nc :)
When the dove came..
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

i have it on deepcanyon, im supposed to have ~90-100 fps, but on dc i had like 30, after removing a part of the 32bit textures i have ~50-60 now, which is a bit more playable.
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

just dont camp on the top roof :P
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

wtf is r_speed ;s
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

r_speeds - A measurement of how many brushes are being drawn by the engine at any one cycle time in the game. While more brushes usually equate to more detail, too many brushes being drawn at one time can quickly cause the engine to be overloaded, causing "grayouts", or gray patches in the game when running the map.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

Den wrote:r_speeds - A measurement of how many brushes are being drawn by the engine at any one cycle time in the game. While more brushes usually equate to more detail, too many brushes being drawn at one time can quickly cause the engine to be overloaded, causing "grayouts", or gray patches in the game when running the map.
So in practice it shows how "heavy" the map is for pcs from the location where you are. The higher the r_speeds, the lower the fps. With my crappy pc fps drops dramatically when r_speeds goes over 1200-1300 (that's why i don't prefer maps like mesto and airport where i get ~30 fps even when there is nothing going on).
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

I wouldn't prefer airport even if I had infinite+1 fps.
fell in love with the game
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

Well ok, you got that right jazziboi :) The only "achievement" that airport has is those high r_speeds even though the map itself is simple as hell. And btw, this helps to understand how a map is drawn: go into software mode and type sw_drawflat 1 and then vid_restart.
flz
joined the game

Post by flz »

hmmm ok