how to keep aq2 alive?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Stim
sank like a rock

Post by Stim »

I tend to disagree, I've seen a couple of "blinder" incidents where a couple of the more well known players have used cheats. I fail to see the logic in pointing the finger any more though, nobody takes you seriously... and what's a cheater going to do, come forward and confess? :)
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

kaaos wrote:i don't think cheating is a big issue these days, i guess 95+% percent of the people who cheat use those cheats in public servers, not clanwars.

lets just hope that,eh ? :)
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

how 2 stop the real cheats?..more admins?...nocheat 2.40 is a start...but i think it will be hacked soon 2...

hmmm
Nobody Likes Us We Dont Care!
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

More admins will give more problems imo, and if you want to have more admins, that must be experienced admins, who are already admin of another server, so you wont get loads of different admins for different servers.
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

true... ;)
Nobody Likes Us We Dont Care!
Hawk
found a way out

Post by Hawk »

I just thought of one big difference between clanwars now and then, while I was browsing the old m.i page from 2000(the first m.i page that was only there for members if I'm not wrong :P), M.I had special rules about clanwars, such as that the people wanting to play a game have to go online 15 min before the game.

This was were it struck me, these days you play clanwars like you drink water, you take it when you need it, which means no preparations.

Back in the days a game could be scheduled a weak ahead, and everyone got psyched up about it, practised the maps and so on, and when the opponent was as good as you, or better, it was always nervwrecking games where you really did your very best.

Not that I can say I play any clanwars these days, but the few times I play there is never any real excitement about winning or loosing :) the last time I remember getting really nervous in a game was in NAQL(not the last one), I'm not sure who we played vs, but we were supposed to play 4 maps, and count mapwins, we won two, they won two, but since we had the higher win percentage we got to pick a map, and we picked urban3 which was a bad choise, they played as good as we, and on the last round the game was still a tie, and the final round decided the game, in the end there was me and I think hebereque(not sure about this) left, and we both fought it out with snipers, i think he was as nervous as me because he missed as much, then he hit me in the legs and I hit him in the kevlar, he died and I barely lived. This is what I miss :)

These days every clan expects to win, but when they do win, it doesn't really matter, also I'd like to flame my own clan here, going to extremes to win a game, M.I vs cSu in the springcup game on airport and subway2.. I decided not to play because it turned out our tactic on subway2 was to camp for our lifes, I wouldn't have wanted to be in cSu's seat on this game, because I would be pretty pissed. Maybe that's why the fin clans say fin only? :bday:
Magnate
is connecting

Post by Magnate »

eh better way to solve problem to get more new players in aq2 is, just old clans dont challenge noob clans, they maybe dont like to lose 50-0 and they maybe end whole aq2 if they get all the time that kind of matches, just dont challenge them, let them to challenge if they want to get their ass kicked :P
<aC> Magnate
#clan.ac
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

When a new player is in the clan he had propably played enough to continue, whether they lose all matches or not :o
When the dove came..
quba
plummets to its death

Post by quba »

Hawk wrote:These days every clan expects to win, but when they do win, it doesn't really matter, also I'd like to flame my own clan here, going to extremes to win a game, M.I vs cSu in the springcup game on airport and subway2.. I decided not to play because it turned out our tactic on subway2 was to camp for our lifes, I wouldn't have wanted to be in cSu's seat on this game, because I would be pretty pissed. Maybe that's why the fin clans say fin only? :bday:

We were pissed, and can't say it was a gg. Last night we had our COTT cw, wasn't so gg either 'cause of the server-finding-thing :)
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

quba wrote:
Hawk wrote:These days every clan expects to win, but when they do win, it doesn't really matter, also I'd like to flame my own clan here, going to extremes to win a game, M.I vs cSu in the springcup game on airport and subway2.. I decided not to play because it turned out our tactic on subway2 was to camp for our lifes, I wouldn't have wanted to be in cSu's seat on this game, because I would be pretty pissed. Maybe that's why the fin clans say fin only? :bday:

We were pissed, and can't say it was a gg. Last night we had our COTT cw, wasn't so gg either 'cause of the server-finding-thing :)

Well. I agree on the springcup game. however, the clan who runs through the doors in the trainstation will die. simple as that :p and both clan was on each side for atleast 1-2 mins every round before someone of us attacked.

Yesterday tho. You cant blame us for the server search. Its not up to us to book a bt server since we dont have rcon or anything like that.

-Arild
Hapid00!!
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

CotT Rules wrote:At the start of a season every team have to select their homeserver. On this server the team will play their own map on. During a season teams are not allowed to change their homeserver anymore. Every team got the choice between either Boomtown or eDome.

Before the start of a match another server can be chosen, but only when both clans agree about it. Keep in mind that you have to provide the rcon password to the matchadmin.

But I guess we are kinda off topic now...
*hali*