CotT season 2?

AQ2World.com presents the Clash of the Titans - http://cott.aq2world.com

Moderators: Kurupt, Clement, Moderators

Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

Uhm well i think u dont what this qualifiyng stuff coz that will make COTT only longer (and i think Cott's strength is the short(Important?) running time), except if it is only 1 round.

That will give u 4 direct entry's and 8 possible candidates, which could be ok i suppose.
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

I think i rather see 8 clans beeing invited. But thats a good idea aswell. Having 4 clans qualify for the tournament. As long as you can make sure it will be nice clans participating :)

-Arild
Hapid00!!
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

The problem with qualifiers is that it simply moves to problem. I mean, the question becomes who is eligble to play in the qualifiers instead of who's eligble to play in the tournement itself.
Now the thing is, who should we invite? n99 came up with a suggestion of reserving spaces for the winner of FOC, EAQL, NAQL and so on, and I kinda like that, but then again, wouldn't it happen to be exactly the same clans as we would've invited anyways?
Who cares? I only brought that up for sake of transparancy, I like to know why] clans are in there. I mean, in theory it would be nice to have a alot of different clans in there (as in different than last year), but that might take out all the titans in clash of the titans, so to speak.

Humm, I just discovered I'm in doubt again, about the qualifiers and all. I would like to see a non-scandinavian clan (no offense, but I think seven clans from scandinavia is a bit over the top) participate as well. It's just a thought, but as far as I know, Germany and Holland do not have national leagues any longer, so basically the only chance for them to get in would be to win the eaql. There might be an error in my reasoning, but I'm sure people will be happy to point it out.

:scratch:
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

n99. scandinavia has the most active scene, especially Finland. No offence, but there are hardly any good clans outside scandinavia :)
And there will be a couple of new clans this time i guess since cow and I assume UR wont be there aswell due to their activity. But what do I know :) We'll see what happends.

-Arild
Hapid00!!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

HAP HAP HAP HAP
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

arild wrote:n99. scandinavia has the most active scene, especially Finland. No offence, but there are hardly any good clans outside scandinavia :)
And there will be a couple of new clans this time i guess since cow and I assume UR wont be there aswell due to their activity. But what do I know :) We'll see what happends.

-Arild
I know Arild, I don't mind the scandinavian clans take up 6 of the 8 slots, I would just like to see one or two clans from outside of scandinavia. And since the clans from other nations cannot qualify through national leagues, there must be some other way. Well, if it's not possible, I would follow the event closely, that's not the issue. It's just a personal preference to see it as a european event and not as a scandinavian event. Know what I'm saying?
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

n99, clash of the titans = "the best of the best" playing each others. Mainly there aint many clans outside scandinavia that qualifies to being good enough to join in the league..
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

emu wrote:n99, clash of the titans = "the best of the best" playing each others. Mainly there aint many clans outside scandinavia that qualifies to being good enough to join in the league..
And what is good enough?
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

scandinavian, is good enough :P
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Indeed, and that's exactly my point. Has the great emu decided there are no clans outside of scandinavia that 'are good enough'? It shouldn't be arbitrary; there should be a way for clans to gain (read: earn) entry into COTT. Clans like quad, DA, and [e] come to mind as having the strength, on paper, to participate. With a limited qualifier, made up from 4 clans (votable by the users of this forum?!), with single COTT slot for the winner the tournament will retain it's 'best-of-the-best' appeal while at the same time feel more as the european instead of a scandinavian event. This is important, at least to me, and I think alot of non-scandinavian players and clans feel the same way.

Everybody knows scandinavia (and especially finland) is the driving force in keeping the game alive in europe, but do you want this game to remain for all of us, or don't you give a damn? Think about it what I'm saying, I don't mind that a large segment or even all of the clans in COTT are from scandinavia, I'm saying I think it is unfair that there is no way for non-scan. clans to gain entry except by winning the eaql, while the scan. clans have many events that warrant entry (finnish open, NAQL, etc.)

Compare it with sports. It's logical that the bigger, dominating nations in a particular sport can send more athletes to an event, but if you're good at the 100m, and you're from Liechtenstein, there are ways for you to prove yourself worthy in qualifiying events. It almost never happens, but sometimes athletes or teams from smaller nations earn a spot simply because they're good.

And again, transparancy is key here, I want to know WHY a particular clan participates and put that on the site as well. Cheers.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

votable by the users of this forum?!
Yes that would be a great idea. Since 90% of the aq2 community are members of this forum, right? Oh, no, wait, was that 9 or 90? hmm.

Voting clans into Cott will not bea good idea. If we don't let the finnish participate in the voting, the place(s) will go to a non-finnish clan without competition. And if the finnish are participating it would most likely go to a finnish clan, considering their strength in numbers. No, the best way to determine that would probably be to leave it as it was last season, after all, it worked out pretty neat. Arguments can go back and forth on if c0w and CIA should've been there at all, but all-in-all I think the admins did a quite good selection of the pinnacle of aq2.
fell in love with the game
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Jazzie wrote:
votable by the users of this forum?!
Yes that would be a great idea. Since 90% of the aq2 community are members of this forum, right? Oh, no, wait, was that 9 or 90? hmm.
Well, if you don't take the trouble of being part of this community (read: this forum), you can't complain about having no say in the matter. As I see it, COTT is an initiative by moderators of aq2world, is hosted as part of aq2world, so it only makes sense the members of the aq2world community have a say in the matter, if anyone has.
Voting clans into Cott will not bea good idea.
I said voting them into the qualifier, not into COTT itself. Or maybe the COTT team can come up with the clans where everyone (including the fins) can vote on?
Last edited by n99 on Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Jazzie wrote:
Arguments can go back and forth on if c0w and CIA should've been there at all, but all-in-all I think the admins did a quite good selection of the pinnacle of aq2.
And yes, most people probably agreed with the choices, but they were just that 'arbitrary choices', and that doens't suit the 'masters' feel at all.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Jazzie wrote:Arguments can go back and forth on if c0w and CIA should've been there at all, but all-in-all I think the admins did a quite good selection of the pinnacle of aq2.
Actually I didn't hear anyone arguing whether c0w should be in the cott or not (3rd place EAQL, 4th place NAQL). In the 4th week of the CotT c0w disbanded and some of their players merged with CIA, which meant they got excluded in the league.

BTW thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. We'll consider them ;)
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

I liked that idea morpher.

I think there should be some selected maps for tournament so it wouldnt be like "yea cSu rapes everyone in Pier" and shit, some random maps would make it a bit more interesting.
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com