ltktbm

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

slacker
plummets to its death

ltktbm

Post by slacker »

hey guys.. this is my first time starting a topic in the aq2-general forum so let me introduce myself. i am from the australian aq2 community (http://www.actiondu.com/), and i am the webmaster of http://www.partydome.us/?aq2 and http://slacker.home.cosmic-cow.net/ - a lot of you seem to be well aware of the latter URL and are making good use of it throughout the forums, which is good.

i did a search on the entire board and found no matches discussing ltktbm, which i thought sounds a bit odd. so id just like to bring your attention to this fine standalone aq2 client.

Home: http://www.cam-direct.co.uk/ltk/ltknews.shtml

development has slowed down a lot lately because mSparks has been getting busy, however the latest release (1.8b r3) works well. ill keep this short and sweet, so here are the pointers:

* based on the ltk bot code, however compeltely revamped and works much better
* 32-bit textures, however i admit, not as good as axion's
* in-game menus for configuring your binds and multiplayer games
* various graphics engine enhancements, such as debris particle effects
* openal sound engine

notice that a lot of these features CANNOT be found in any other standalone aq2 client, if not any other quake2 engine. as you can see ltktbm enahnces aq2 greatly, and is a huge achievement within itself.

please check it out.. and leave your thoughts/comments in this thread. i can pass it on to mSparks.

edit: oh yeah, i forgot to mention that ltktbm 1.8b is LINUX READY. as an included beta tester, i have thoroughly tested the linux release and i can say that when using GLX rendering it is rock solid. it takes a bit of fiddling around to get GLX rendering working however, so if you are giving it a go and having issues, let me know and ill see if i can help you.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I tried it when it was linked on Wireplay. One of the devs was part of their community. I found the changing sound to be annoying (different footsteps on different surfaces)

The bots were still stupid, but then you cannot expect too much from offline play anyway.
grov
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by grov »

Eh, what exactly did u say this was? My eyes started burning when i saw that there was 10 lines beneth the one i was on..
im a fakenicker :(
grov, rolf, penna buaäääÄ!!!
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Hello, slacker.
I've never heared of this. Thing is, I want to play with autorecording, so I have to use Q2ACE. I also want to play AQ2TNG, so I have to use AQ2TNG whenever I'm hosting. :)
I honestly don't see much use for bots.. :(
Keep it up though.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
grov

Post by grov »

ffs, bittorrent is no good for some, me for instance..i download in like 1kb/s
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Blue Vex wrote:Thing is, I want to play with autorecording, so I have to use Q2ACE. I also want to play AQ2TNG, so I have to use AQ2TNG whenever I'm hosting. :)
Autorecording is available on APRQ2 too :) I've got this gamex86.dll that i can use to change the gamex86.dll in quake, with a command. Like, sv variant jump -> it loads j^mod's .dll :P The 'program' is called defunkt's variant shifter or something.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

:poke:
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Perhaps I should look into APRQ2 then, imeiz. Q2ACE contains some annoying bugs.

:mrgreen:
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
Trsto
plummets to its death

Post by Trsto »

Hi, ye this is nice all the blood , water ..etc it just u cant run it with NoCheat (i mean, u can't see blood ,...) :(
Or It can ?
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I think it used to use the Nocheat client? Or Q2ICE. Or something :/
slacker
plummets to its death

Post by slacker »

Clown wrote:I tried it when it was linked on Wireplay. One of the devs was part of their community. I found the changing sound to be annoying (different footsteps on different surfaces)

The bots were still stupid, but then you cannot expect too much from offline play anyway.
haha this thread has mostly turned into a discussion about q2ice/aprquake but thats ok.. i made my attempt and thats good enough for me.

in response to clown, the different sounds on different surfaces is a feature of ltktbm and it's meant to "enhance" the game play but i guess some people may think differently.

i dont know about now, but ive seen the bots enhance over the time. the difference in bot behaviour between 1.7b and 1.8b is great.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I played LTKTBM when I was disconnected from the world (i mean, without internet). Now I realize that i played de 1.7, so maybe thats the reason of this.
The bots, at the beginning were better that passed some 10 or more rounds, then they become stupids, doesn´t shoot, and so on. But, in general, it fulfill my "aq2'hungry". Besides, I take some sshots whit the blood and so and made some cute wall papers.
I was forgeting. The mod "movie script" was awesome. I never understand it very well, so the only thing i played was a 1on1 with Blade (300hp and only Combat Sword... him). Real funny.
Maybe i should take a look at the website.

Anyway... i think it's a great think to the aq2'ers who aren't connected to inet. But, otherwise, it's not really usefull.

Caracol
grov

Post by grov »

I tried this, my computer died....i deleted it.
mSparks
is connecting

Post by mSparks »

many thanks for all your comments, much are being worked on as we speak, grov, you've no idea how much more appreciated you would be if you would provide feedback and participate in the actual problem solving than just post "I tried this, my computer died....i deleted it.", this helps no-one
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Hello mSparks. Still hanging around Wireplay?