Mass Fraggin'

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Mass Fraggin'

Post by Flunx »

What's the limit to maxclients?

Somebody(Since I don't know how) should make a movie where one man kills a whole bunch of players.

I would love to see 100 men charging down the streets of urban2 just to be killed by one man. Like Dawn of The Dead/Braindead or maybe like a huge battle as in Lord of the Rings. Ooh I can visualise it in slow motion now...

Ok, I'll stop spamming about my fantasy. But if somebody wants to do it, I will gladly help :D
Last edited by Flunx on Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like to play games, not watch them
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

We should make in-game pic of a lot of players.. like 50 or so, dunno what's the max maxclients :P
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Like Neo vs Agent Smith x 1000, in Matrix2?
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

i'm just wondering..
a) what kinda server holds up to 101 ppl?
b) how the hell could he frag 100 guys with normal weapons? ^^

hm, think no server'd hold up to 100 players, and you'd need 'give all' to have ammo to frag 100 dudes :)

but a nice fantasy, still :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
ganjaman
was flattened

Post by ganjaman »

love the idea but imeiz has a good point there :(
grover
loses a vital chest organ

Post by grover »

You saw this on the news recently?

I think it's pretty bad timing, if you look at what's going in Chechnya (Russia).
Don't want to read about some "fun" Mass Murder atm, sorry.
Maybe I'm exaggerating (correct?), and it's not the same situation (at all), but I just wanted to remember you of the situation there, alright?
Last edited by grover on Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything too stupid to be said is sung". - Voltaire.
Clause
joined the game

Post by Clause »

:(
p00
iMMortal
joined the game

Post by iMMortal »

Well, you've probaly been playing at servers where there is 16 people there... (server is full!) and when you for example at urban are starting at the top. and the other team starts at construction site. and you just see people jump out from everywhere...! totaly sick! if you just move all of the players from your team to them, then it will be like 15 against 1... and if you start at construction site... and they at the top! think of that... people comming of the roof... like an river! SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! love that idea! omg, but then again, all those people should get killed. and the coolest weap would be ssg... right? and with the ssg you have 16 bullets... but then again:p you should hit with all those bullets :( only a ratbot could do that :S
but anyways, i love your idea flunx... you just gotha make it smaler:p to what i have described here... well anyways, i would like to be a part of it. so msg me at irc @quakenet #dipunishment if this fantasy becomes real.
Server admin for the Tyldum servers:<br /><br />
Ip:<br /><br />
clan.tyldum.com<br /><br />
public.tyldum.com<br /><br />
Keep Tyldum alive!
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Ok. You and three other players can join my server and constantly come at me in Urban. I'll go with my Pistol and take you down.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

This has to be done in deathmatch ofcourse.
arild

Post by arild »

imeiz wrote:i'm just wondering..

hm, think no server'd hold up to 100 players, and you'd need 'give all' to have ammo to frag 100 dudes :)

a) eDome. since i remember when we built the tower att highrise2 or something... there was about 50-70 i believe at the server... Dont remember exactly.

Not sure though. Could have been only 30 :) ask hawk or solidas. I remember they were in the mess

b) heard of cheats 1 ? unlimited ammo :)

-Arild
Hapid00!!
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

grover wrote:You saw this on the news recently?

I think it's pretty bad timing, if you look at what's going in Chechnya (Russia).
Don't want to read about some "fun" Mass Murder atm, sorry.
Maybe I'm exaggerating (correct?), and it's not the same situation (at all), but I just wanted to remember you of the situation there, alright?
You're playing a game where people shoot each other down. Face the fact or join the greens.
fell in love with the game
grover

Post by grover »

That's right, I do.
But I don't go fantasizing about a mass murder.
It's serious man. Some people, not many, have dreams about killing out the entire school, or doing something simular. 95% of those people don't play 3dshooters.
That means, for the wizkids, only 5% does play those games.. that's not much.
And believe me, I've read articles about this in the Telegraaf

But that's probably not what you meant.
You're saying I should stfu because I kill people in action too?
I repeat: I don't go fantasizing about a mass murder.
"Anything too stupid to be said is sung". - Voltaire.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

arild wrote:
imeiz wrote:i'm just wondering..

a) eDome. since i remember when we built the tower att highrise2 or something... there was about 50-70 i believe at the server... Dont remember exactly.

Not sure though. Could have been only 30 :) ask hawk or solidas. I remember they were in the mess

b) heard of cheats 1 ? unlimited ammo :)

-Arild
i think it was somewhere around 67.. it was sick though :) sadly the server couldnt really support that many clients, or if it was due to the q2engine.. not really playable :) but good enough when it comes to simply building a tower:p
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

This is very simple to do. You only need 4 people.
One is the hero, and he's standing in the streets by the construction yard in urban. The other three guys will constantly be charging at him. It's deathmatch, so when they die they will just come back. He will have unlimited ammo for his pistol because when he kills someone, they drop a pistol.
If you ever want the hero to use a different weapon than the pistol, the other guys can just bring some weapons with them when they respawn. There is enough ammo for the M4, MP5 and Sniper Rifle around the construction yard.
I would gladly be the hero for you any day. ;)
Last edited by Blue Vex on Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.