One of Blue Vex's passions

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Gen
was flattened

Post by Gen »

but you can do this with voices..
Prote
is connecting

Re: One of Blue Vex's passions

Post by Prote »

Gen wrote:-run slower when run with sniper rifle zoomed..
And make it VERY vulnerable against m4s and m3s?

No thanks.
Prote [RK]<br />
Clan Riidankylväjät - Walrus company<br />
"What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes."
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Well, after reading Blue Vex's suggestions on changes to the current aq2 gameplay, we've decided to give it a shot.

We've had a lot of talks on the subject, and what we've managed to do so far is to make some minor adjustments to the mp5 and the knives. (It's not a lot, yet, since we're still early in the modding process. But it shows we are capable ;))

The changes we've made to the mp5 is mainly to reduce it's base spread value by -20. This makes the weapon more accurate, allthough not by a mileage. However, it should make it somewhat more balanced compared to the M4. And we do plan to make more adjustments to it at a later stage.

The adjustments to the knife are exclusively in slashing-mode. Damage done by the knife when slashed by it, is now far greater than originally. In comparison, slashed in the stomach and chest will now, almost instantly kill you. If slashed in the legs, you will suffer approximately the same damage as if sniped in the stomach.

We are currently doing some changes to the spread values when using silencer.

As far as it is possible, we will try to stick to BV's original plan.
Last edited by Span on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"fifan va lätt!"
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Nice to hear this :hail:
^stric^
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Okey, quick update.

The akimbo pistols can now be used with silencer. :D
"fifan va lätt!"
Fritz
is connecting

Post by Fritz »

remove laser for the damn M4 :P
BFG bonanza (aka. BUS riding) is far to easy to do a blitz-frag (get 2-3 enemys before dying, main object of getting enemy to waste ammo)

change the semi on MP5 to singleshot mode, instead of 3 rounds ?

M3 should have xx numbers of buckshells, if possible to make sutch...
so if u do a video, and slowmotion, u can see a random spread of buckshots :-))

claymore??? hirr
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Fritz wrote:remove laser for the damn M4 :P
WTF? As if that would solve anything of m4's dominance?
Fritz wrote: change the semi on MP5 to singleshot mode, instead of 3 rounds ?
W. T. F? That's the best feature of the whole MP5. There's nothing more enjoyable in the whole world of aq2 than to burst out a couple of singles.
fell in love with the game
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

What about if with Stealth Slippers you kick stronger (or skiller) and takes more hp. It's logical, you are dextrous and maybe you learn some martial arts, and with those marvelous slippers you can kick like hell.
I think that the Silencer should limit the sprays of the mp5. Like if you don't stop firing for 15 bullets, it stops automatically. Realistic... or "more" realistic.
And the bandolier could bring more knifes.

Caracol

PS: By the way, i consider that if you make A LOT of changes in action, it will be desastrous. Maybe a mod (like Jazzie said), but to the action we play could be some bug fixes and minor changes (like the stab damage, silenced akimbos, etc.).
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Caracol wrote:PS: By the way, i consider that if you make A LOT of changes in action, it will be desastrous.
Yes, you are so right. I have this in the back of my mind.

I like your Slippers suggestion, but not the Silencer suggestion. You want to nerf the Silencer when it's already useless, or am I missunderstanding? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Fritz wrote:M3 should have xx numbers of buckshells, if possible to make sutch...
so if u do a video, and slowmotion, u can see a random spread of buckshots
I don't think I understand.. :(
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Yeah.

We are definately trying to preserve the original gameplay as much as possible. These are mainly minor tweaks to the the weapon balancing, aiming to make other weapons than the M4 and the Sniper Rifle a viable alternative in CWs.

Also, we will try to do some general bugfixes, allthough they might not be our top-priority. The majority of the bugs in action quake has been around for so long that they have almost become part of the gameplay, so fixing them would in-effect be to change the gameplay in a few cases ;)
"fifan va lätt!"
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

The suggest for the silencer it's only for give the game some realistic thing. But if you think it, it's not such difference, few people fire the whole 30 bullets in a time. It's only the touch.

And you could turn off the laser sight. It's easier than throwing it for the take-a-look-and-hide moment.

Anyway, I was thinking that lond time ago i heard about a q2 mod similar to action but whit differences. Like a full kevlar gear that slow you down, more weapons, and a lot of funky stuff. It was like AQ2 Pro or something. I think that's not the kind of thing we search. Because in the moment you make changes that the players must, first, get used to it. It may result in a lot of players erasing action or in a desaster -like I said before.

So, I think that the things Span said it's important and we must think and search some minor bugs to tell him (by the way, those changes you made, Span, how they are going to be added... I don't really know who you are).

And if there is some proyect to make this mod of action, you should made that the punch steal ammo/knifes/weapon, that would be nice.

Caracol
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Caracol wrote:The suggest for the silencer it's only for give the game some realistic thing
It's not realistic that an MP5 equipped with the Silencer automatically stops shooting after 15 bullets.. :poke:
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Caracol wrote:So, I think that the things Span said it's important and we must think and search some minor bugs to tell him (by the way, those changes you made, Span, how they are going to be added... I don't really know who you are).
How they are going to be added? To the servers?

Well, that's entirely up to each respective serveradmin. If they find our mod to add something positive to an already great game, it's their choice wheter to run a server with these tweaks or not.

Most servers already run Aq2:TNG these days, which is the base for our tweaks (or mod if you prefer). So all the pro's that the TNG mod can offer are also included in ours. Except for their IRCbot, which is redundant anyhow. Few servers actually use it.

As for who I am, I've been around in the community since late '98. But I have been quite inactive the last 2-3 years, so you probably don't know me unless you're oldschool. And if that's the case, you'd prolly know me as IF-Spawn.
"fifan va lätt!"
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

This just in: AQ2 shouldn't be realistic.
fell in love with the game
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Span has been a nice guy and fixed several things today. Heres a quick list.

* MP5/10 Submachinegun
-Spread changed to 230 (from 250).

* Akimbo Pistols
-Akimbo Pistols can be set to semi-automatic (needs some work).
-Akimbo Pistols works with Silencer.

* Combat Knives
-Increased slashing damage.

Akimbo Pistols working with the Silencer is by far the coolest one of them all. In Span's first try, only one Pistol became Silenced. I thought that was pretty hillarious. :)
Right now, Span has to get the Dual MK23 Pistols to shoot one by one when in semi-automatic mode. As it is now, one press on your attack button, and both guns will shoot once.
Last edited by Blue Vex on Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.