USA National Team ---- No leagues let USA/CAN teams play?

Here you can look up the old topics of the ESAQL and the Nations Cup.

Moderator: Moderators

Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Deimos wrote:As said before, i will go along with the results of the vote.

I didn't let you in the last season because i was against it dafonz.

they was in last season. they just didnt make it past the group stages AND DIDNT PLAY SOME OF THEIR MATCHES. and when i generously gave up my time at 1am in the morning to admin their match at short notice, they wouldnt shut up about my decision not to let them play on their ete server.
I don't give a shit.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Oke, here is my decission about wether the usa/can are in or not.

I'll allow the USA and Canada to play along with this league on some conditions, you will be able to read them down below. When a team will not hold himself to these conditions, i will first talk to them, then decide wether they're out or not.

Conditions:

-You will agree to play on the server that is selected for the use of your matchess. Do not whine about this, no clan is allowed to whine for a different server, unless the admin agrees.

-You will follow the same rules as the rest of the teams that are signed up.

-You will mail me a list of servers you want to play on during the EAQL, then i will decide wich server is stable enough to do so.

-Then the last one, it's not really a condition but more like a request, Let all the ppl you know in USA/Can know about www.aq2world.net and the EAQL.

If you agree on these conditions you are allowed to play along.
Last edited by Deimos on Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

aye agree
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
finch
is connecting

Post by finch »

cool :x
ghoulert
Dennus
joined the game

Post by Dennus »

Right :P
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

As i see it. weird :)

the server problem shoudnt be a problem... one map each server which is fair. But, for example, if US picks tj and the opponent c2... then we got a problem. Cause, us wont have chance due the ping difference etc etc etc unless c2 will be played in US. but how fair is that ? well, its more fair according to me cause that showes the community if the opponent has a valid tactic or if their tactic is 15 in ping vs 120.

anyways, the team with ping advantage will win c2 with atleast 30 rounds even if they suck ass. And I guess its the same with other maps like riot, urban2. Not exactly the same but you get my point atleast.

-Arild
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

Then we would fall back to the old barrysworld map-counting system. But the problem is what to do in case of a draw? 3rd map, but on what server?

And map-counting has the disadvantage that it stimulates camping.

BTW In my opinion any country should be allowed to play in the nations cup. Would be nice to see some australians, brailians and people from Chile as well. Since they also have a "large" aq-community
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

I think this was the reason why they introduced the percentage system. And about the other countries... It's ok to play with ping 120 vs America and Canada, but (and I'm just talking for myself here) I don't think it would be a great idea to play on servers where we got ping 300 or 400, like at least i got on servers in Brazil, Australia etc. It is possible to adjust to a ping around 100 but everything above 200 is unplayable. And I don't think anyone thinks it's fun to play with or against people with ping 300...

On the other hand, maybe it's possible to find a fair server for matches between European teams and Brazil, Australia, etc., like both maps on an American server.
*hali*
DaFonZ
is connecting

Post by DaFonZ »

Hey, it's been a while since a posted so I thought i'd keep in touch. I was wondering when the Nations Cup webby was going to be updated, and more importantly, when does it begin? Also about the ping issue. NO American or Canadian team will have a team ping (average of team players) below 40. If this does happen I would be so suprised that I would probably freak out and lose my mind. Most likely most of our players will be playing with anywhere from 40-90. On another note, Scandinavians - skill is NOT based on how well someone does with sub 20 ping!! Ya, own people with your 15, but play with 50 (which in the USA/CAN is considered a really really good server) and you'll lose 9/10 times i'm sure, unless you're playing a crappy clan. Also about the map issue, I think that having certain maps that are selected will make a clanwar have to go by map wins, rather than round wins. Because as posted previously, If a clan choosed Urban or TeamJungle or any slower-paced sniper map, and the other team chooses a map like Cliff2 or Sludge1 - the rounds will definately be at the advantage of the hardcore automap selectors. Round-ratio for each map sounds like a fair and good idea when a european clan has to play either the USA or the Canada team. Just a suggestion tho. Another thing, you guys who sit back and talk about the American / Canadian aq2 players in general, I've never seen over 90% of you on USA server playing or in our irc channels talking or whatever. You really should speak only what you know of, not what you THINK you know of....it will leave less room or doubt and humiliation :D
You = Lewsar! Me = WINNAR!@
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

Well ok you got a point there. Allthough i play(ed) sometimes on pearlmokey for example. And cant really say i was impressed. Some guys even called me cheater, camper, Euroscum. But that was one time, when i played well on sludge1.

And we had $, who played in the bwaql. But they whined a bit. Saying things on their site, they were going to own our european arses. And then complain about ping in the cw.

But enough of that shit. Also seen nice playing americans. BTW what are your channels on irc? Quakenet i assume.
fraki
joined the game

Post by fraki »

us gamers are normally on irc.enterthegame.com

or summit like that,.

the biggest problem between usa and europe is the time difference, we tried with s4p to take part in a us ladder but we couldnt play a game cause we had to play from 3-4 o clock in teh morning ;)

another problem: different server versions, ete sux.

europe > usa :P
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

US channels is:

#action.usa @ qnet

#usaq2 @ etg.

Im not sure they are correct, but i think so :)

-Arild
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Dafonz get ur m8s to register on this board :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
eX
melted

Post by eX »

Hmm, was wondering.

When i saw the poll on the page,

"No, europeans only - 2server match sounds gay. "

Means that for example, a fin team will play 2 maps @ .dk server against the dk?.

Or what? Any difference if there would be USA or finland versus denmark? Though there might be a problem with time. But it shouldnt be a problem. or? :)

So... will that be something, in the poll that is. Is it true what the poll says? There must be one server each anyway for us euros?
cool as fcuk
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Don't think the Nations Cup will start anyway, since there is only 1 team signed up: http://alcoholics.dk/aq2world/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=150
*hali*