The Perfect Movie: How does it look like?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

You forgot to type: "1m0".

If not... please get a forum where you are the "0wn3r", and post the link here of all this "+^[1nt3r3ZZ4nt d1scVt10nS]^+".

Caracol

PS:Oh, right. On topic: It's not about how does it look, it's how do you feel it... so, there's no "p3rf3kt" movie. I would like that there are no movies... but I'm to lazy to explain it.
Ne quid nimis.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Let me put it this way -
There is no one effect, procedure, sound or camera angle that I can say you should put into every movie and it will be sucessful. If every movie had the same thing then it would be pretty boring. Like most of the movies already out there.

The reason I liked that AQ2 Evolution movie was because I hadn't seen some of those effects before. I told anyone who asked me that I wasn't interested in the headshot after headshot, but I managed to see round that as there were other things that were impressive about it.

Would I like to see every movie have that 'bullet-time'? No.
Would I like every movie to have some sort of wireframe model morphing into the real thing? No.
Would I like every movie to 'flicker' to the beat of the music? No.
Meist0r
was flattened

Post by Meist0r »

Caracol wrote:You forgot to type: "1m0".
No, i had not. Look above.
Meist0r wrote:My opinions so far:
@Caracol: very interesting opinion, thx 4 comments... Btw do u actually know what "productive comments" mean and what they are 4?

@Clown: Damn, It seems that u all ve misunderstood the topic. It should be some kind of market research, the thing i just wanted 2 know was what the people GENERALLY like / dislike in FragMovies. My last comment was an example presenting some of my opinions the way i was interested 2 hear about it.
Nevermind, just forget it. :(
Last edited by Meist0r on Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

And so the problem with my last post was?
Meist0r
was flattened

Post by Meist0r »

No problem at all. Just the thing I cant start anything up with it. And I've tried 2 collect some facts i can build on (not 2 compare with the "creative" way HOW i'll build it at all) . :(
Dimmo
plummets to its death

Re: The Perfect Movie: How does it look like?

Post by Dimmo »

Meist0r wrote:- speed / slow motion: hidden or perfectly done time warp, no slow motion after each shot
Hidden? I dont like vids where you cant know is it now real time or is it slo mo. The slow motion after every shot is a nice thought to give a watcher time to read hit messages, but it doesnt seem to be the best way. I recommend stripping all prints (console messages) that dont have anything to do with the current clip. Those unnecessary messages could be "x was killed by y at the other side of the map", "out of item: m4", "suislide disconnected" etc.
Meist0r wrote:- duration: not longer than 10 minutes - the time drinking one beer exactly takes (:
Agreed. This is important, many people make their movie too long although there were lots of everyday frags that could had been cut off.
Meist0r wrote:- what is more important 4 u: content 65%, editing 35%
Content is above all. Dont make a movie if you dont have any content worth it. This is a problem of every aq2 movie except two or three.
Meist0r wrote:- soundtrack: never used in other vids before, stick to same style - no The Prodigy mixed up with Britney Spears and In Flames
Just use a soundtrack that no one have used already. Use tracks that you like and your good feeling will be seen in the movie.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I kwow it. But it doesn't like you mean it -my subjetive issue.
In fact, I don't like productive comments -my issue too.

Caracol

PS: No on-topic this time, seems that opinions doesn't matter (please, don't quote me again, I don't want to keep debating).
Ne quid nimis.
PanConLonga
was flattened

Post by PanConLonga »

You can do whatever the fuck you want, If you do it right and make it look cool, is all good.

you can follow all the "how to do the best movie" steps and still make a lame movie. Creativity is not something you can predict or emulate. Is something you born with 8)
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

PanConLonga wrote: Creativity is not something you can predict or emulate. Is something you born with 8)
It`s a gift and you can`t control it , right? :D
^stric^
Meist0r
was flattened

Post by Meist0r »

Yo, it's a pity - u all excepting Dimmo have misunderstood the topic...
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

What exactly in "The Perfect Movie: How does it look like?" is it that I have missed?

The only part that I can answer is this:
Meist0r wrote:- what is a must be, what do u especially want?
I want anyone who considers making a movie to not read this thread, and come up with something own and original instead. This applies to any kind of movie, even aq2-movies. Both over-produced and under-produced movies can be good in their own way. There is no such thing as a recipe for making a movie, no matter how much you'd like it.

edit: In my opinion a fifteen-second movie with one spectacular thing is infintely more entertaining than one with 25 minutes of guys shooting other guys in the head. People are using too much fillers and thus making their movies too long. Note that this is my personal opinion, and not anything that applies to the general audience.
fell in love with the game
WuWili
joined the game

Post by WuWili »

One comment about music:
You don't have to use some metalband or trance or that stuff. One of the best MMA(mixed martial arts) highlightvids had U2 - Beautiful Day as the music. And the video showed the best parts figters(Kazushi Sakuraba) fights. So if you are doing action flick, you don't have to use heavy music.
1m0
-- Wu-Wili
Meist0r
was flattened

Post by Meist0r »

Meist0r wrote:I've tried 2 collect some facts i can build on (not 2 compare with the "creative" way HOW i'll build it at all) . :(
I have enough own ideas and I'm not asking u 2 give me some of yours. Really not! I just wanna know something like wich archive type (tar or zip?) I should pack it in, that the majority can extract my ideas from this archive without getting any error messages like bad CRC e0f43eca (should be 1a3756ed). U know what I mean?

The name of the topic should be "Perfect Movie Project: Preferences" - there is no movie in the beginning at all, only some ideas in ur head and a Vegas dialog box with some options 2 set: fps, resolution, quality and so on.
Last edited by Meist0r on Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Meist0r wrote: U know what I mean?
No.
Considering you posted a thread where you wanted opinions about how to make the perfect movie. You listed like ten points on where you wanted opinions. And now all of a sudden you only want to know if you should make it a zip-file or a rar-file? Image
fell in love with the game
Meist0r
was flattened

Post by Meist0r »

Damn, again, it was meant as "something like", it was an example which should help u 2 understand what i wanted,
of couse, i wanted 2 know a little bit more. But just let it be, it's hopeless.