One of Blue Vex's passions

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

YEah span hurry up you coding monkey I want to play this variant on publics instead of on Vex' crappy local server. :)
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

I have a test version up and running on rriders.org:27910.

Nothing much has been done lately. Next thing on my todo-list is to merge my code with the updated TNG client. If they've fixed the issue with the IRC bot not compiling on the windows platform without further a due, then maybe I'll include that feature too.

Also, the tactictal kevlar needs some balancing. As of now, the thigh pads absorb damage at the same ratio as the kevlar vest, and because the damage penalty by being hit in the legs is initially lower than being hit in the chest to start with, it absorbs nearly all the damage.

I plan to do some more work today.
"fifan va lätt!"
Skie
joined the game

Post by Skie »

I just read the thread for the first time, and I'm really glad that someone has found the time to actually implement all these ideas and make a new aq2 mod.

I can't wait to test it out, which I shall do soon.
.: IF YOU WANT A JOB DONE RIGHT, DO IT YOURSELF. IF YOU WANT A JOB TO DISAPPEAR, JUST ASK A DRAGON. :. Qnet - dragonlovers
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Suggestion #?: Please fix the thing were you dont get a frag for inflicting fatal damage (mp5 head, ssg stomach) on people who quit right before they die. So childish.

n99 out.
lowang
is connecting

Post by lowang »

IMHO, someone quitting right after you've shot him in the stomach/head is much more fun then someone just dying of it, or maybe that's just my sick mind...
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Hadn't quite thought about it like that, but I think I will retract my suggestion and try and think of it like that. :)
Stinger
joined the game

Post by Stinger »

I have just tried out some of the changes you guys made, and I have a few comments.

Sniper + Silencer is definitely a viable option with the changes you guys have made. (Regarding kevler shots from a silenced sniper): I'm afraid, though, that the sniper might be too powerful now. Perhaps you should change it so you won't die instantly, but rather bleed to death as if you've been shot in the stomach. This will give the person with the kevler a few precious moments to drag you into the grave with him.

The Tactical Kevler is interesting, but I'm not sure it will be used, seeing as the chest area is the hit location which is the easiest to hit.

sg-flashlight: brilliant, but perhaps the area you illuminate should be a wee bit larger - just a thought.

Reduced mp5 spread. I hardly noticed it, but then again I have only played with the changes for some 20 minutes so far. :)

Reduced falling damage when equipped Stealth Slippers. I don't think it will be of any significance. The change is hardly noticable, though you may be able to do some new jumps, which were out of the question before.

I hope these comments will give you some useful feedback.
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

A silenced sniper shot in kevlar DOES give you a few seconds if I remember correctly, or maybe that's just with the helmet.
Stinger
joined the game

Post by Stinger »

It gives you ½ a sec or so, but not as long as a stomach shot.
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Well, to tell you the truth I was a bit sceptical about this particular change as well, but too powerful? Really, think about it for a sec; both for publics and clanwars. It's the m4's that are dominating already, choosing silencer might make you alot better against kevlar (m4) players, but the m4 players can kill you SO easily...
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Well, I always play with silencer in publics (if not, knives) and if i don't it a headshot or stomach-and-run shot I'm probably already dead.
So, the only way left it's try to get a hiding spot that the rushers don't check and aim them untill i'm sure i have them in headshot (if i've seen if they aren't damaged) if not, try to get the two shots very fast. But always from the buildings or rooms.
In the case the sniper pierces the kevlar I can play a little more aggresive. Trying to take secondary ways and try to get them from the back and "drag them to the grave" (I liked that, Stinger) without me.

And what happens to the pistol and the mp5 with this changes?

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Haaah. You dirty camper!
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

Well, i just read bluevex post, some idea sond good, some sound ridiculous. two unique weapons are a really BAD idea... like sniping and switching to hc? nice :P

However, balancing the items doesnt sounds that bad. Who uses a silencer or slippers?

First the m4 should be able to use a silencer. noone except me would use it anyway and its much more realistic tha tit can be equipt with. And the silencer should make LESS noise, maybe it shouldnt be hearable at all over a big distance, maybe i would use it then :>
Director of #E-Reality :: Sprayer of #koksnutten
Stinger
joined the game

Post by Stinger »

Caracol wrote: And what happens to the pistol and the mp5 with this changes?

I was actually wondering about that myself, but I haven't tried it out yet. I'll be sure to do that as soon as can.
Stinger
joined the game

Post by Stinger »

Stinger wrote:
Caracol wrote: And what happens to the pistol and the mp5 with this changes?

I was actually wondering about that myself, but I haven't tried it out yet. I'll be sure to do that as soon as can.

The pistol and the mp5 does not benefit from the extra damage the silencer gives. Only the sniper does extra damage when equipped with a silencer.