Zachary
is connecting

Post by Zachary »

got an error at time. cant fix it :|
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

NRGizeR wrote:
Royal^ wrote:There's an edit button y'know NRGizeR, you can use it if you want to add something to your post or remove something from it.
and the difference between this and adding another post being...?

besides... I don't like it when people edit stuff in.. I mean, if I've read a post once, I don't go reading it again just to check if a post has been edited or not.... if you look at the timestamps on those two posts, the second one is posted 4 hours later than the first...

If you want to add something right after you've posted, the edit function is great tho...

WHATEVER :P (just ranting on anyway...)

-NRG
It bosts youre postscount!!!!111!!1~~

Actually you're correct, though. If people edit posts after a few hours discussions can get very confusive. However, I think it's ok to edit your post if it's currently the last in the thread.

Now that the thread has been de-railed, you are free to re-rail it again.

also;
zachary wrote: got an error at time. cant fix it
I think reading this thread would help you.
fell in love with the game
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Jazzie wrote: It bosts youre postscount!!!!111!!1~~
Right you are :mrgreen:

But yes, are there any more maps that make your computer sigh and sweat? I think that both mesto and airport fall under the category too open adding too high r_speeds... which makes me a bit shaky since the airport r_speeds aren't that much higher than in my map :P
L4nt0m
plummets to its death

Post by L4nt0m »

Ow, I also lag in Market, atleast in the rooms, because the textures of the furniture are just too much scaled......
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I even have fps drops in Urban, next to the construction building (where 4 boxes r). Can't snipe there :(
Of course that's due to my sucky pc. O_o
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

L4nt0m wrote:
Ow, I also lag in Market, atleast in the rooms, because the textures of the furniture are just too much scaled......
hehe... you mean that there are people that actually play market? :P yay! :) yes... that was made before I really learned how to take note of high r_speeds... I think the worst spots in market are above 2100 :) which actually makes it even worse than mesto....
Gen
was flattened

Post by Gen »

O_o
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

omd_dma1 or whatever was the name of that map i played on eDome.. Probably the lousiest map in the world after airport and mesto.
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

the thing that fucks my fps is the glass in ap, if i watch the side with no glass in sight, i get 30fps, but when i see that big wall of glass, it drops to <15
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
ganjaman
was flattened

Post by ganjaman »

on my old puter i had it in dc, mesto and country
Tactics
Pure Evil In a Jar

Post by Tactics »

I cant really notice any drops in AQ2 cause I played with cl_maxfps 23 the first 3 years :P
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

There are lots of maps that have way too high r_speeds values at least from my point of view. With my pc (500mhz, 128mb, voodoo3 3k) r_speeds values which go over about 1100-1300 mean that I have much less than 40fps. For comparison cliff2's max. r_speeds value is something under 900 if I remember right. And just to mention a couple of these annoying maps: airport (how can something as simple as this cause so big r_speeds?), country, other, trains, mesto, tjt etc.
Ballhead
is connecting

Post by Ballhead »

Use r1q2 for more performance. :)
http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1q2/