Mediaplayer 10 + codecs?

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

Da^JuaN
was picked off

Mediaplayer 10 + codecs?

Post by Da^JuaN »

I always used the standard winxp sp1 mediaplayer, think thats version 8 or 9? Combined with ffdshow codecs to view divx movies for example. But now i upgraded to version 10 inclusive that ffdshow.. but now i only hear the sounds in movies but dont see the movie itselfs. It even doesnt play movies like that aq2 fragawards or a movie made by a digital camera. What codecs do you guys use for this? Or do you have any other solution?

Thanks in advance.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

try downloading nemo codec pack :D

http://www.divx-digest.com
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

hmm, when i was searching for it i find reactions like:
first of all I find that you should avoid nemo codec pack if at all possible, it creates more problems then it solves in my experiance.
:)
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

well in my experience it works great :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

First of all during the install, it had some corrupt files, and after that it didnt help much, still no view.

Any1 else uses a different codec pack?
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Using K-Lite codecs and Media Player Classic . No probs at all.
^stric^
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

Uncle- wrote:Using K-Lite codecs and Media Player Classic . No probs at all.
Same here that codec pack was like 20 mb or something but very very good :D still haven't found a better 1.

EDIT: Oh wait.... found the link:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_L ... c_Pack.htm
Hazler
plummets to its death

Post by Hazler »

ffdshow (+ nimo codec pack)
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm
Me like pie!
Random AQ2 kid. © Clown
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

My advice is not to use codec packs. Use G-Spot to find out what codecs you need and download each one as, and when, needed. Single codecs reduce the amount of clutter on your computer.

www.doom9.org is a good place to look for your video problems.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

never heard of "nemo codec pak", but the nimo one should work. all the ppl that had problems, i've told to use nimo and it has worked :) i have klmcp(you can see the url from 3rd post above my one) :P
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

imeiz wrote:never heard of "nemo codec pak", but the nimo one should work. all the ppl that had problems, i've told to use nimo and it has worked :) i have klmcp(you can see the url from 3rd post above my one) :P
I tried Nimo's codec pack too but the installation was kinda weird u had 2 install 2 things to play the best quality movies :? O_o at least that's what I had too do.
klcmp is great for playing movies
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Thanks all, but nothing helped at all.. ill uninstall wp 10 and go back to wp 9 again, where everything worked fine with ffdshow.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Its really too funny what the problem was. Im using a laptop with external monitor and had my mode on both monitors, laptop screen as primary, and the movie was only viewed on the laptop screen which i turned off.. and kept black on the external monitor. Already switched back to mp 9, but had the same problem.. but when i booted my laptop with 2 screens i saw the difference O_o
Thanks anyway guys :)

btw, is there any option in using subtitles with mediaplayer? Or do you need bsplayer or some other program for that?
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

I have used the ACE MEGA CODEC pack for ages now, but the list is too big, alot of thinks u don't need. I suggest installing that and leaving everything on its default, than if it doesnt work, roll back the whole thing.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

Da^JuaN wrote:btw, is there any option in using subtitles with mediaplayer? Or do you need bsplayer or some other program for that?
I never tried to play movies with subs in MP 9. I use Crystal Player for this. If I'm correct u can also use this player to watch movies on a normal television screen (full screen then I mean and very good quality) but not sure though.