NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

BSPPack 1.2

Post by NRGizeR »

Now it is here... the thing you have all waited for: BSPPack 1.2!!!!! :mrgreen:

get it here: http://www.abo.fi/~cbjorkel/apps/BSPPack.zip

This should be a quite useful version actually... the changelog:

1.0 --> 1.2
- Moved from command line application to a full Java AWT GUI.
- Added ignore list.
- added extra sanity checks for retrieving needed files
- fixed some sanity checks.

I totally removed the command line options.. since I gathered that if you map/play aq, you do have a windowing system to work with so now you can just use the GUI :)

should be pretty self explanatory, so I won't go into that in any more detail atm... if you don't get it... ask :)

It uses the Java VM, so if you don't have that, go to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html to get the latest JRE.

Start the program by double clicking the icon for the BSPPack.jar file, or if that doesn't do anything, start it with

Code: Select all

java -jar BSPPack.jar
Happy packaging!
Last edited by NRGizeR on Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

As I said before, all kinds of bugreports, suggestions, and general comments are welcome..!
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

I've also written a quick tutorial/manual... doesn't really say much more than the readme, but there are also some pictures for those of you that want to see what it looks like before downloading (or don't know what I'm talking about in the readme :) )...

http://www.abo.fi/~cbjorkel/apps/bsppack.html

Check it out!
Rallu
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Rallu »

Looks nice program. Good job NRGizer.

I see you have java skills... I was thinking about making launcher GUI for my install with java soon after I get my other projects finished. You might consider helping me ey?
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Rallu wrote:Looks nice program. Good job NRGizer.

I see you have java skills... I was thinking about making launcher GUI for my install with java soon after I get my other projects finished. You might consider helping me ey?
I might :) drop me a mail or a pm when you feel like it's time and we'll see what my "school situation" is at that moment... :P
Genie
joined the game

Post by Genie »

This program rocks! :shocker:

Collecting the archive manually takes much time and it's a very boring job :sleep:
With this it goes fast and easy.

Good job NRGizeR :bday:
g e n i e
irc: Keeni^^
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

NRGizeR wrote:
Rallu wrote:Looks nice program. Good job NRGizer.

I might :) drop me a mail or a pm when you feel like it's time and we'll see what my "school situation" is at that moment... :P
And you have to wait in line!!

Good your effort is being recognized now though, ur an asset, thank god you came back from that 'other' game...
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

n99 wrote:And you have to wait in line!!

Good your effort is being recognized now though, ur an asset, thank god you came back from that 'other' game...
hehe :) I have some progress concerning your pakker n99... just bumped into a problem with the BIG .pak files, that makes them a bit clumsy to show using my current method, but I'm working on it...
Genie wrote:This program rocks!
Thanks Genie :mrgreen:

Oh... btw... the current version is 1.3, and should be pretty reliable... at least I haven't found any bugs yet... *knock on wood* :)