One of Blue Vex's passions

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I have a question about that. In deathmatch (well, when I play alone in my own server, to try jumps or whatever I want to do) I can pick grenades without bandolier, but maximum 2 grenades without B. and 4 with it. So, I tried to get bandolier (in public server DA Main), drop the grenade (if you drop the bandolier you lose the grenade) then drop the bandolier and pick only the grenade and then another item. But it didn't worked... it's that a option in the server (imposibility to carry grenades with bandolier) or a standard in TP?
n99 wrote:If you pick bandolier + weapon + knives, then drop the bandolier and grab another item from the ground, you have 9 more knives than you would normally have?
You are right, but it's more like: you have bandolier and 20 knives, you drop the bandolier and, with it, 10 knives are gone. Same with M4 ammo, you have 2 clips with bandolier, you drop it and lose 1 clip. Not in the case of 12 gauge shells, that without bandolier you CAN carry 14 and in case of AP bullets you can carry 20 normally. So you don't lose them.

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

As some of you might've noticed, things have been kind of quiet the past 2 months. I haven't been able to do anymore work on the project lately due to a number of things. First of all, my IDE's crashed (don't ask me how an IDE can crash, it just did, okay?) and I seem to have misplaced my CD somewhere. Secondly, I'm in the process of moving so I've been kinda busy with real-life stuff, too.

Anyhow. I'm going to pick up my PC and get it over to this place next week. Then I'll download a new IDE so that I can start coding again. Hopefully I'll find some time to do some coding in mid-december.

Maybe there'll be a release under your christmas tree this year, if you're lucky :P
"fifan va lätt!"
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

This thread has grown large, and I can't expect new people to read all these pages if they want to follow the discussion. Also, my starter post has been altered alot since I first posted it so its hard to follow what's happening. I've made a new thread at http://forums.aq2world.com/viewtopic.php?t=1313.
I will also add some sort of a "FAQ" which answers some of the important questions and arguments from this thread.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.