Q2 AQ2 4on4 ladder

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurupt
:I

Q2 AQ2 4on4 ladder

Post by Kurupt »

The ESL (Electronic Sports League) started an International AQ2 4on4 ladder like 6 months ago, but it doesn't seem to be very popular amongst most clans. For now there are only 10 active clan, so it never turned out to be something big. Strange thing is that Finland also got their own ladder, for Finnish clans only, which does seem to be very active and many clans signed up there.

Anyway, it's a well organised ladder and it gives you a nice new addition to the normal clanwars, especially when there are no leagues to participate in. Come on people, sign up!

URL: http://www.esl-europe.net/eu/q2/aq2/4on4/ladder/
*hali*
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

You make it sound like that the finnish ladder would have been done later than the ESL ladder. This isn't the case, the finnish ladder was up and running before ESL started any AQ2 ladders. The beta stage of the finnish ladder started on 02.02.2003 while the signup for ESL 4on4 ladder started on 14.05.2003. Yeye, not so important but I just wanted that no one would get the impression that we copied ESL or something :)
ivO
joined the game

Post by ivO »

ladder is ok but its not goin well cause clans are not that active and its members too, so to run an active aq2 ladder over a long period is just a dream and not reality :D
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Oh no didn't mean that, but it's not really important right? :). Clanbase had an AQ2 ladder before too... I just wanted to say that it is popular in Finland, but that for some strange reason it isn't for the rest of Europe.

Now there are just 10 clans in the ladder so you will never get an active ladder. I really have the feeling that most players don't really feel like changing clans that often anymore, most clans are up for a long time now. The more clans there will be in a ladder, the more active it will get... And besides, it's just a ladder. That doesn't have to mean u have to play a match every day.
Last edited by Kurupt on Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*hali*
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Vermin wrote:This isn't the case, the finnish ladder was up and running before ESL started any AQ2 ladders.

WRONG!!! esl had aq2 ladders! but for german clans only
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

jep den is rite :)

dont know if you know about that autochallenger feature. It helps arranging weekly fixed matches for duty.

In all EU AQ2 ladders the first dates for the Auto-Challenger stands for disposal. If you activated the autochallenger in your command center, you will get a challenge of an opponent selected by the computer you have to play against.

The dates for the duty matches are:

- 1on1 ladder: Saturday 19:00 o'clock

- 2on2 ladder: Wednesday 19:00 o'clock

- 4on4 ladder: Monday 19:00 o'clock

Who would like to play an obliging match to these dates, activates the Auto-Challenger in the command center under the point "Scheduler".

The Matches are generated at least seven days before the game date.

The dates are as a matter of course movable. You find more information on the Auto-Challenger in the FAQ.

A lot of fun with the generated matches !

http://www.esl-europe.net/eu/q2/aq2/1on ... news/2557/

http://www.esl-europe.net/eu/q2/aq2/1on ... hallenger/

i think its a cool feature if enuff clans enable it.

keep aq alive.
matu
is connecting

Post by matu »

I wanna play ladder!!
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

just sign up :)
pauhi
melted

Post by pauhi »

For the record, the fin ladder aint so active either :)
›› pauhi ››
Spill the blood of the fucking lamb