Sapphire Scar (Doom 3 total conversion)

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

zakath
joined the game

Sapphire Scar (Doom 3 total conversion)

Post by zakath »

Hello,

I thought I might do a little introduction of the singleplayer TC that's been consuming my time lately.

As some of you know, I've been working on a mod/total conversion for doom3 for quite some time, almost half a year. The project started out as system shock 2 port - but EA shut us down wanting to keep the license so we decided to chase our own project. Sapphire scar was born.

We never wanted to stray far from the main concept of systemshock though, sci-fi RPG-shooter hybrid is as good as it gets (right after aq2 ofcourse) and that's the path we've taken. We're trying to create the same feeling and overall atmosphere what ss2 and games like deus ex have, and add our own spice to it. Gripping story, interesting enviroments, innovative monsters. We're trying to avoid the 13-month-game concept, what you've seen a dozen times. Ofcourse, as said we are loyal to the shooter-rpg hybrid genre, so there will be a lot of familiar elements.

The project stands now in a phase where concepting is half done. A lot of models have been started and made , plot outline if basically done , mapping has been started on several enviroments. Etc. We're not looking to release the game anytime soon, a singleplayer total conversion takes a lot of time and effort to do it right, and we plan to.

Our team consists of very talented artists and designers from all over the world. Finland, Estonia, Norway, Sweden, UK, Germany, USA, Canada, Brazil and Australia to name a few locations. Our team is constantly living in size, but I think the core is around 15-20 people.

If you got interested, and want to know more or check out a few concepts we've published , go to

http://www.sapphirescar.com

and check out our pages. Feel free to register to the forums and have a chat with the developers. Also, we've just moved to our new IRC channel to

Quakenet #sscar

you can catch us there if you have interest in our mod and want to know something. Feel free to idle there also, we'll be posting updates in the future, some only in IRC, some on our web pages. You can catch most of the developers there.

-----
This part is for the people that might be interested to work with the doom3 tech and the mod.

We're constantly looking for members for our group. At the moment we're seeking for level designers who are familiar with the radiant editor. Basically that's all the skills you need, we will provide the textures and models for the maps also.

I know we have some awesome mappers here in these forums, so if you're a bit interested, contact me and we'll have a chat.

Also, we're looking for modelers - if you feel that you have what it takes, join the channel and let us know you're there.
-------

That's it for now, Thanks for reading and showing the interest.

Tomi "zakath" Vainikka
Senior Mapper | Sapphire Scar
Last edited by zakath on Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder/leader of http://riidankylvajat.org
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Nice :) D3 is one hell of a technology toy to play with :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Cool. Keep us informed Zakath, I would love to see more, it seems a bit early to say anything positive and or negative about it. Steer away from alien conspiracy per se though ;)
zakath
joined the game

Post by zakath »

http://sscar.musicexplosion.net/forums/ ... php?t=1155

some ingame stuff released, finally.
Founder/leader of http://riidankylvajat.org