#Catch-Gamer

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

I'm on Span's side, tj forever!
Zeniten
is connecting

Vote?!

Post by Zeniten »

Put up some site where you can vote maps to be in the new serverrotation. The map with the most votes will be used. AiiIiIiIiIiIiiiiiIiIiight! :)

P.S: Span's the maN!1
Last edited by Zeniten on Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seNseed

Ye well

Post by seNseed »

There's a difference between a new map and a bunch of crap a friend piled together when he was plastered.. Get that shit out of there! Span rocks! :)
Kurupt wrote:I'm on Span's side, tj forever! <- wtf
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Old maps 4ever \o/ fo sho.
.UncycleD
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by .UncycleD »

Sure it can be fun to play old classics from time to time, but this is my point: Out of every ten servers, 9 is running the same rotation (urban, u2, u3, tj, c2, cloud etc...) Why can't we accept that we now have one server running a whole bunch of maps, old and NEW.

And the new maps that has been added aren't "a bunch of crap a friend piled together when he was plastered.." They are quality work from some the best map-makers out there.
#4056 in z0r.nl
Ssuussii
is connecting

Post by Ssuussii »

GJ :rambo:
CandyShot
is connecting

Post by CandyShot »

Gotta go with Span on this one, fair enough that there's a need for new maps.
But considering its the only server in norway which is half - decent pingwise i would like bringing back some of the older maps that havent been played in ages and take out a few of the new.

New maps are great, but most of'em got gameplay like cliff2 ;spray & pray, or thats the way they are beeing played atm.

Besides nothing wrong with playing old maps. It aint exactly like the community is getting bigger by the years either.
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Running the following maps in order:
urban2, cloud, rok, actcity2, urban,
simplicity, city, cliff2, museum, zoo,
urban3, lighthouse, teamdepo, cemal,
tokyo, tjt, change, riot, cliff,
sludge1, kumanru

Old maps: urban2, cloud, rok, actcity2, urban, city, cliff2, museum, urban3, lighthouse, teamdepo, riot, cliff, kumanru

New maps: simplicity, zoo, cemal, tokyo, tjt, change, sludge1

This is how I see it. I don't know what you think is 'old' maps but I don't see anything to complain about. There's lots of old maps.
I like to play games, not watch them
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Gee. My little comment really stirred up quite a fuzz, eh? :o

I wouldn't say sludge1 is a new map tho. It's been played for ages.

Well, ehm. Anyhow. It's not that there are no classics in rotation there. I just don't like all those new maps. :( I guess I'm just too lazy to learn any new ones.

I'd like to see monastery tho. Maybe even actcity3. 8)
"fifan va lätt!"
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

It's hard to make everyone happy.

BTW you can vote the maps Span. They're in the votelist :)
I like to play games, not watch them
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

.UncycleD wrote:Out of every ten servers, 9 is running the same rotation (urban, u2, u3, tj, c2, cloud etc...)

If you don't like it, play on some other server. There should be plenty of them running the "old"(worn-out) maps.
New maps are great fun to play, and I'm not all alone thinking that. 'We' are not in majority though, most people want exactly that rotation. Well I for one would like even more new maps! But there has to be some balance to it all I guess, admins sneaking in one-two-three new maps in the rotation making the players learn (and actually like :shocker: ) new maps. Catch is doing just that and doing it just fine.

There are, as Uncy said, lot's of servers running urban, u2, u3, tj, c2, cloud, go play there instead.

And FYI, I've PG-13'd this so your tiny heads wouldn't explode with all the swearing. Be glad. Now go play NEW MAPS!!!
CandyShot
is connecting

Post by CandyShot »

Flunx Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running the following maps in order:
urban2, cloud, rok, actcity2, urban,
simplicity, city, cliff2, museum, zoo,
urban3, lighthouse, teamdepo, cemal,
tokyo, tjt, change, riot, cliff,
sludge1, kumanru

Old maps: urban2, cloud, rok, actcity2, urban, city, cliff2, museum, urban3, lighthouse, teamdepo, riot, cliff, kumanru

New maps: simplicity, zoo, cemal, tokyo, tjt, change, sludge1

This is how I see it. I don't know what you think is 'old' maps but I don't see anything to complain about. There's lots of old maps.
Tokyo & sludge are old maps. Could easiliy take out one of the cliff maps and replace it with monastery,subway99,blockwar,riot2 and so on. But It is quite a decent rotation. But a bit to many maps for my taste.
Just my 0.00002 cents
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

CandyShot wrote: (a) New maps are great, but most of'em got gameplay like cliff2 ;spray & pray, or thats the way they are beeing played atm.

(b) Besides nothing wrong with playing old maps. It aint exactly like the community is getting bigger by the years either.
a: HAVE U EVEN TRIED PLAYING DIFFERENTLY ON ONE OF THE NEW MAPS?? Maybe every new map that comes along feels like that to u since it's all u ever try to do on new maps.

b: Which is exactly the reason to not stay rooted to the same spot for fucking ages. Fresh air. Some new things to do, discover, LEARN.

My final point is this. Catch has more old maps than new maps, but there is something there for everyone. If you just like old maps, there are oldmap servers in finland, where I sometimes go to play when I feel like some nostalgia. But hey, that's probably too much of an effort ping-wise right? Second option is putting down some cash and getting your own server, and you make alot of people happy plus u can decide whatever u like about actcity3, monastery and lighthouse. While u are struggling to find the last little lagging camper, I'll be jumping from rooftop to rooftop in simplicity, okay?
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Just play the maps you like, and shut the fucker :shock:
CandyShot
is connecting

Post by CandyShot »

n99 Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CandyShot wrote:

(a) New maps are great, but most of'em got gameplay like cliff2 ;spray & pray, or thats the way they are beeing played atm.

(b) Besides nothing wrong with playing old maps. It aint exactly like the community is getting bigger by the years either.

a: HAVE U EVEN TRIED PLAYING DIFFERENTLY ON ONE OF THE NEW MAPS?? Maybe every new map that comes along feels like that to u since it's all u ever try to do on new maps.

b: Which is exactly the reason to not stay rooted to the same spot for fucking ages. Fresh air. Some new things to do, discover, LEARN.

My final point is this. Catch has more old maps than new maps, but there is something there for everyone. If you just like old maps, there are oldmap servers in finland, where I sometimes go to play when I feel like some nostalgia. But hey, that's probably too much of an effort ping-wise right? Second option is putting down some cash and getting your own server, and you make alot of people happy plus u can decide whatever u like about actcity3, monastery and lighthouse. While u are struggling to find the last little lagging camper, I'll be jumping from rooftop to rooftop in simplicity, okay?
Keep on trucking.
I'm just expressing my opinion.
And when it comes to choosing between new maps and old maps.
Old maps that haven’t been played at all the last 3-4 years. I kinda tend to choose the latter.
Well im sorry if i like the wrong maps from your neck of the woods but hell who are you to judge?
I aint telling anybody what to do I’m just expressing my opinion. And if you say I need to get my own god damn server for having an opinion, I recommend staying away from aq2 the next decade.
And when it comes to finish servers, yeah there’s old maps, there’s quality players with experience, but they don’t utter one single word that makes sense to me except vittu, the lag I can handle against your so well-founded accusation of otherwise.
And you surely didn’t grasp why I even bothered replying to this topic, Catch is the only server in Norway that's on a real good connection.
Thus some debate over it is just healthy.