New map, once again.

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

birdie
tried to put the pin back in

New map, once again.

Post by birdie »

http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~ringu/filez/pgjumps2.zip (thanks to Ringu)

I don't have screenies atm but I guess jumpingmap doesn't need them.

It took few days to build this map, and couple days for testing with Futoreqo.

And as I see it, it's quite a good jumpingmap :) Not too easy and not too hard (atleast I hope so)

.txt file is missing from the .zip but that's not a big problem since no one is watching it anyways ;)

You can put your records to this thread, I think that some of you will make it under 15 mins.
When the dove came..
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Lets say im not that god at it :P

But it looks cool, its really die-hard imo.. just went through all the levels. But what i was wondering.. why is everything so slippy? Its like you walk on ice almost all of the time.
birdie

Post by birdie »

Da^JuaN wrote:Lets say im not that god at it :P

But it looks cool, its really die-hard imo.. just went through all the levels. But what i was wondering.. why is everything so slippy? Its like you walk on ice almost all of the time.
Nah, just a couple rooms are made for icejumping, and there are couple more jumps in other rooms like that :p
When the dove came..
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

nice map :D
But this aint something for me I played it 20 mins and never got very far. But it will get better when I play it longer but not atm :P
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

not to hard????? :shocker: :shocker:

I cant make those double jumps for some reason so getting up on the first crates takes hours let alone go to the second crate
napchen
.UncycleD
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by .UncycleD »

Some of those jumps were the toughest I've ever seen. I'm sure that no matter how much I try, I'll never be able to do all of them.

I must say that I like some of your ideas, very creative use of the icy floor. And that roundaboutthingie was awesome.
#4056 in z0r.nl
Genie
joined the game

Post by Genie »

Funny jump map. :bday:

Im making too my own jump map.. very slowly it will come out some time. :)
g e n i e
irc: Keeni^^
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

hehe, that was fun :) we played around about 50min with falzzi :) i liked especially that ice -> kicker -> triple :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
birdie

Post by birdie »

imeiz wrote:hehe, that was fun :) we played around about 50min with falzzi :) i liked especially that ice -> kicker -> triple :)
At first that jump was like the hardest I've ever done (yeah, this map was a lot harder but I made it easier for the crowd) it took over 30mins to pass it, and that's quite a lot since I did it by myself :D so I made it much easier but still it's one of the hardest in that map :p

Btw, I want records!
No doubt that Pesusieni has the best time atm (~10mins) but I want to see better! ;)
When the dove came..
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

birdie wrote:At first that jump was like the hardest I've ever done (yeah, this map was a lot harder but I made it easier for the crowd) it took over 30mins to pass it, and that's quite a lot since I did it by myself :D so I made it much easier but still it's one of the hardest in that map :p

Btw, I want records!
No doubt that Pesusieni has the best time atm (~10mins) but I want to see better! ;)
more of that dude :DD i've got no record. i didn't play it like "igottadothis", but it was so fun :p i'll give you the demo if you wanna have it :p
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

just someone release a demo of it.. I can't do half of the jumps required to get through..
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Morpher wrote:just someone release a demo of it.. I can't do half of the jumps required to get through..

set cheats 1
noclip

:rambo:
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Da^JuaN wrote: set cheats 1
noclip
:rambo:
But that doesn't really show me the jumps done..
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

i can see whats the intention of the jumps i only cant make 'm thats the difference :)
So if im done after some time without passing it, ill move on to the next one.. or if i plumb down from the top when im almost there.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

you can see my demo. it was the first time, so pretty much trying out different angles and bs BD also i screwed up some things etc. anyway it has all the jumps, so it should atleast help a bit :D

http://koti.mbnet.fi/imeiz/q2/2005-01-2 ... jumps2.dm2

i think someone'll post a better one :p