What kind of matchstats would be interesting?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

What kind of matchstats would be interesting?

Post by NRGizeR »

I'm thinking about adding some stats to DemoPlotter... I thought what the hell, I already have the demo read and parsed (mostly) so I might just as well do some statistics :)

Is there any interest for this, and what kind of stats would you like to have?

(Note, this would only be stats for the player that recorded the demo...)
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

uhm

weap usage
shots fired
kills (player)
death (by player)
kill/death ratio
hit locations %
bandage
max damage per kill
avg. damage
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Den wrote:uhm
weap usage
shots fired
kills (player)
death (by player)
kill/death ratio

should be doable...
Den wrote: hit locations %
bandage
max damage per kill
avg. damage
Damage probably won't be possible, simply because (I think) that this info wouldn't be relayed to the client CAUSING the damage. The reason that you can see it in TNG is because it's the server just printing the numbers. (since obviously the server would know...).

bandage, depends if I can find a good way to parse that, depends on what kind of commands are sent. Hit locations, the only way to do this would be to parse the hit texts that are printed in the console, might do that, although it would be a pain in the ass :)

I was also thinking about adding something like:

Total distance (the distance that the player has moved - beware campers!! :P)
Streak of rounds without death.
Streak of rounds without/with? frags.

More? :)
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

Number of jumps - let's see who's te biggest frog around.
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

gegoj wrote:Number of jumps - let's see who's te biggest frog around.
One thing that I won't do... I would like that as well, but that would involve collision detection as far as I know, and that's one hell of an undertaking for me since I haven't really done anything like this before :) This because demos doesn't make a difference between players in the air and players on the ground, this checking would be done in the client during the game, the demo just contains a log of coordinates where to place the player.. Correct me if I'm wrong...
MadWolf
was flattened

Post by MadWolf »

NRGizeR wrote:
gegoj wrote:Number of jumps - let's see who's te biggest frog around.
One thing that I won't do... I would like that as well, but that would involve collision detection as far as I know, and that's one hell of an undertaking for me since I haven't really done anything like this before :) This because demos doesn't make a difference between players in the air and players on the ground, this checking would be done in the client during the game, the demo just contains a log of coordinates where to place the player.. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Easy shit: alias "+moveup, plot_on_demomap_current_location" nah just fekking around.

One thing that caught my mind was that now when you check it out you just see som black lines on the map, and a skull or a gun here and there. Don't know really how it should be done but a little prettier :)

Nice job Nrgizer! _0/
MadWolf
gegoj

Post by gegoj »

NRGizeR wrote:One thing that I won't do... I would like that as well, but that would involve collision detection as far as I know, and that's one hell of an undertaking for me since I haven't really done anything like this before :) This because demos doesn't make a difference between players in the air and players on the ground, this checking would be done in the client during the game, the demo just contains a log of coordinates where to place the player.. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Couldn't You just check for the sound that is played when someone jumps? - It could be done for plumming too.
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

gegoj wrote:Couldn't You just check for the sound that is played when someone jumps? - It could be done for plumming too.
I haven't actually checked this for sure, but I would think that there would be a problem in making a difference between if you yourself jump, or if there is someone besides you that jump (so close that you also hear the sound)... I will check that out tho.
MadWolf wrote:One thing that caught my mind was that now when you check it out you just see som black lines on the map, and a skull or a gun here and there. Don't know really how it should be done but a little prettier :)
How do you mean? you can change the colors of the lines... and also the size, or you could use the dots or areas instead, or did you mean something else? I was thinking about adding some kind of pointers (so that you can see in what direction the player was moving, but I'm not sure about that either... could prove to get a bit cluttered...)
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

gegoj wrote:Couldn't You just check for the sound that is played when someone jumps? - It could be done for plumming too.
hehe.... that's what I thought, although I had to check first :mrgreen:... there is no jumping sound in aq2 :P

so it wouldn't be possible to detect that way...
Last edited by NRGizeR on Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
gegoj

Post by gegoj »

I think it's a bit different step-sound when you land, but I'm not sure.
NRGizeR wrote:hehe.... that's what I thought, altought I had to check first :mrgreen:... there is no jumping sound in aq2 :P
And thank god for that... It would have sound like an orgy if jumping was done quake 2 style q: .
JezeT
found a way out
In-game Name: JezeT

Post by JezeT »

How about everytime during gameplay "+moveup".
Or someway goddam i wan't that frog-o-meter...
It's like deja vu all over again...
Impulse
is connecting

Post by Impulse »

Spawn positions and Different colors for the lines / round
Would be easier to follow your movements if the lines where plotted
1 color / round.

Also for tactical reasons the exact spawn points would be nice to have included.

Heija ÅA! ;)
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

NRGizeR wrote:
Total distance (the distance that the player has moved - beware campers!! :P)
I win np 8)
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

JezeT wrote:How about everytime during gameplay "+moveup".
Or someway goddam i wan't that frog-o-meter...
demos wouldn't contain these command... they just contain the origin coordinates of the player, so it's impossible to tell if the player actually moves upwards because of that the ground is moving upwards, or he's been shot, or he's jumping... :/
Impulse wrote:Spawn positions and Different colors for the lines / round
Would be easier to follow your movements if the lines where plotted
1 color / round.

Also for tactical reasons the exact spawn points would be nice to have included.

Heija ÅA! ;)
KTFare :) :poke: Would that be ok to just make them different shades of the color chosen? It would be a pain in the ass (both for me and for players) to choose the different colors for each round...
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Well... turns out that I was wrong :)

there are some flags in the dm2 containing some extra info such as:

#define PMF_DUCKED 1
#define PMF_JUMP_HELD 2
#define PMF_ON_GROUND 4
#define PMF_TIME_WATERJUMP 8 // pm_time is waterjump
#define PMF_TIME_LAND 16 // pm_time is time before rejump
#define PMF_TIME_TELEPORT 32 // pm_time is non-moving time
#define PMF_NO_PREDICTION 64 // temporarily disables prediction (used for grappling hook)

Now lets see if I can get this info out of the dm2 and into some bunny stats :)